Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #114

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Prince Andrews just the distraction Boris needed he always lands on his feet šŸ˜

Reactions: 12
First. I truly do believe that Boris is of low enough intelligence to not to be able to work out if it was a work event or not.

Second, why is not being able to go to a funeral or see a sick relative even relevant? I understand that it would be if Boris had sneeked off to a funeral he shouldn't have gone to or visited his sick aunt but otherwise it looks like opportunistic whataboutery.
1. Boris is intelligent- The 'Bumbling Boris' is a facade which let's him get away with things as the public are like 'its Boris'.

2. It's completely relevant - what's more important a party or a funeral. People missed/zoomed family funerals. Its completely wrong

Edited so it read (slightly šŸ¤£) better

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Reactions: 1
We'll may see a rise next week with the schools back 315,000 kids off last week isolating do they count Lft's in the testing ?
Thatā€™s what I am waiting for. I am not sure how they are counting but I they probably do included LFTā€™s in the total count.

Thatā€™s what I am waiting for. I am not sure how they are counting but I they probably do included LFTā€™s in the total count.
I know our test numbers have dropped a lot must be because of the new rules that's why I wondered do they count pos Lft's

Reactions: 2
1. Boris is intelligent- The 'Bumbling Boris' is a facade which let's him get away with things as the public are like 'its Boris'.

2. It's completely relevant - what's more important a party or a funeral. People missed/zoomed family funerals. Its completely wrong

Edited so it read (slightly šŸ¤£) better
I couldnā€™t agree more with this. He is, indeed intelligent and cynical.

Positive PCR result has come through for me and my son less than 24 hours after the test. Incredible how quickly they turn these around given the volumes.
Had a message off my sonā€™s teacher advising she has uploaded school work and will do daily and he can he do reading too via some online platform. They can get stuffed! You donā€™t get school work if theyā€™re off for any other illness. Iā€™m not even replying.
I hope you both get better soon. I absolutely agree - there is no way you should be expected to do school work if ill (you or him).

Reactions: 3
Do LFT results count towards the numbers? NI were reporting 7000 ish cases a day there and then they've suddenly been cut in half ever since the announcement that there's no need to PCR test if you think you have covid.

Reactions: 2
How do the UK nations record lateral flow results?
In England, positive lateral flow test results are already included in the case data. However, as mentioned above, if an individual does not report their positive lateral flow test after receiving the result then their data cannot be included.

Positive lateral flow tests are also included in the case data for Northern Ireland, with the same caveat that the positive tests need to be reported. (The UK government Covid-19 dashboard currently states that it only counts a confirmed Covid-19 case in Northern Ireland following a positive PCR result, but the UK Health Security Agency confirmed this information is out of date and will be amended). Data on the number of lateral flow tests and positive cases is also currently published on the website of the Northern Ireland Department of Health.

The UK government Covid-19 dashboard also states that in Wales a positive case is only counted after a PCR result and that positive lateral flow tests are not counted in its figures.

A Welsh Government spokesperson told Full Fact: ā€œPublic Health Wales will continue to report positive COVID-19 results separately for both PCR tests and LFD tests. There are no current plans to include positive LFD tests in the headline case figuresā€.

Finally, in Scotland the UK government dashboard states a confirmed case of Covid-19 is counted after a positive PCR test and that the number of positive results from rapid lateral flow tests are not included in daily case counts.The Public Health Scotland dashboardalso says that lateral flow tests are not included in case counting.

Public Health Scotland told Full Fact that data on lateral flow tests is included within its Covid-19 weekly report and interactive dashboard. It added that it is reviewing the presentation of Covid-19 case data as a result of the recent policy announcements in Scotland.

Do LFT results count towards the numbers? NI were reporting 7000 ish cases a day there and then they've suddenly been cut in half ever since the announcement that there's no need to PCR test if you think you have covid.
That's what I wondered ?
0ABB5269-3DC2-4691-87B9-7D5891DC9FAF.jpeg

How do the UK nations record lateral flow results?
In England, positive lateral flow test results are already included in the case data. However, as mentioned above, if an individual does not report their positive lateral flow test after receiving the result then their data cannot be included.

Positive lateral flow tests are also included in the case data for Northern Ireland, with the same caveat that the positive tests need to be reported. (The UK government Covid-19 dashboard currently states that it only counts a confirmed Covid-19 case in Northern Ireland following a positive PCR result, but the UK Health Security Agency confirmed this information is out of date and will be amended). Data on the number of lateral flow tests and positive cases is also currently published on the website of the Northern Ireland Department of Health.

The UK government Covid-19 dashboard also states that in Wales a positive case is only counted after a PCR result and that positive lateral flow tests are not counted in its figures.

A Welsh Government spokesperson told Full Fact: ā€œPublic Health Wales will continue to report positive COVID-19 results separately for both PCR tests and LFD tests. There are no current plans to include positive LFD tests in the headline case figuresā€.

Finally, in Scotland the UK government dashboard states a confirmed case of Covid-19 is counted after a positive PCR test and that the number of positive results from rapid lateral flow tests are not included in daily case counts.The Public Health Scotland dashboardalso says that lateral flow tests are not included in case counting.

Public Health Scotland told Full Fact that data on lateral flow tests is included within its Covid-19 weekly report and interactive dashboard. It added that it is reviewing the presentation of Covid-19 case data as a result of the recent policy announcements in Scotland.
So it doesnā€™t count in NI

Robin Swann has put a request in for 150 troops to help in the hospitals

Last edited:
While deaths of people that have tested positive in the last 28 days are going up, deaths where Covid is mentioned on the death certificate are decreasing significantly. Less than 700 in the last 7 days.

I think that he really was in ICU.
doubt it, I think he just got superior treatment, this twit and his latest (public) partner spend hundreds on a bleeping roll of wallpaper, like he wasnā€™t going to get preferential treatment.

remember clap for Boris šŸ˜‚ and people on here getting PISSED if you questioned how true it all was/if he was worthy of the clap. šŸ¤

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I think thereā€™s a typo in there somewhere šŸ™ƒView attachment 984212

At least some of them are being brought to justice
doubt it, I think he just got superior treatment, this twit and his latest (public) partner spend hundreds on a bleeping roll of wallpaper, like he wasnā€™t going to get preferential treatment.

remember clap for Boris šŸ˜‚ and people on here getting PISSED if you questioned how true it all was/if he was worthy of the clap. šŸ¤

Boris is definitely worthy of the clap. šŸ˜

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I'm kinda gutted that after many many horrible working days where a gin would have really helped but wasn't allowed in working hours, it turns out the government would have been okay with it!

Also gutted about the hours I've spent poring over details for events and conferences, filling in ridiculously laborious forms to get approval to provide overseas delegate with food and drink and constantly applying the "daily mail test". What a waste of time and effort!!

Possibly stupid question... Do Civil Service standards apply to the PM and ministers???

Second possibly stupid question... Are any of these parties/work events/whatever excuse they come up with next FOI-able? I want to write to my MP but also can't face a letter with lots of words but no actual answers!!

Final question... If you and your colleagues/drinking pals were going to be questioned publicly on something, would you not attempt to give similar excuses?! šŸ¤”

Reactions: 5
I'm kinda gutted that after many many horrible working days where a gin would have really helped but wasn't allowed in working hours, it turns out the government would have been okay with it!

Also gutted about the hours I've spent poring over details for events and conferences, filling in ridiculously laborious forms to get approval to provide overseas delegate with food and drink and constantly applying the "daily mail test". What a waste of time and effort!!

Possibly stupid question... Do Civil Service standards apply to the PM and ministers???

Second possibly stupid question... Are any of these parties/work events/whatever excuse they come up with next FOI-able? I want to write to my MP but also can't face a letter with lots of words but no actual answers!!

Final question... If you and your colleagues/drinking pals were going to be questioned publicly on something, would you not attempt to give similar excuses?! šŸ¤”

šŸ¤­ You couldnā€™t make these eejits up.

Reactions: 3
Boris is definitely worthy of the clap. šŸ˜
oopsā€¦ would you look at that unfortunate typo error, my bad šŸ˜•

I feel like thereā€™s now a social media ā€œvictimā€ status competition going on, who lost or suffered the most while they partiedā€¦.
NHS staff where you at šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ working 28 hour days in 18 layers of PPE while zoom calling your dying hamster?
Itā€™s your time to shineā€¦.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I remember people getting pissed when I tried to explain how the deaths were counted, and that hundreds a day didn't really mean hundreds a day, and that it was actually good news how it all worked out over the month to try to promote a bit of rational thinking.

duck me, it was like I'd just offered to buy their kids to gift to Epstein šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.