Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

HoGi

VIP Member
It’s not virtue signalling. The thing about working in beauty is that 1. You have to be seen to be as responsible as possible because your relationship with your clients is based upon trust and 2. There is so much competition that you cannot afford to lose long standing clients to another salon.
It is virtue signalling when you're asking clients to wear a mask that is no longer legally required because the staff have elderly relatives. When the same staff are sharing that they are out clubbing and at raves most nights.

ETA I would be more likely to visit a salon that doesn't require masks after the mandate ends than one that is making their own rules about them

Reactions: 15

Mbouzer

Yeah, I've got it at the moment. It's no cold.
Im on day three, unvaccinated and honestly it feels anti climatic. First day was tired and achy but since then its just felt like I have mild hayfever, I’ve had worse colds (so far anyway). No sure if it gets worse after day three but I'm still waiting 🤷🏼‍♀️ Assuming my toddler has it (haven’t tested her) she’s congested, snotty nose etc but still happy enough and eating plenty. Just to give another point of view I’m so glad I never got vaccinated.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
So in the U.K,
only 9’400 (7851 over 65) people died OF COVID, not “with” covid in 2020,
In 2021, there was 7971 deaths (5746 over the age of 65)

winter flu numbers 😐 no huge increase to a normal year.

• Heart

50sGirl

VIP Member
Why is it that those who wear masks are told they’ve been manipulated?
And that we “get off” on fear?
And that we are sheep for having a vaccine?
I find that quite insulting tbh.
Why do the majority who choose not to do so feel that they are superior to those that do?
It’s my choice to wear a mask and to be vaccinated but I’m not superior to those who choose not to wear a mask or choose not to have a vaccine. It works both ways.

Reactions: 14

HoGi

VIP Member
A local beauty salon to me has requested that we continue to wear masks as the beauty therapists have grandparents etc that they visit. These are the same therapists who go clubbing and raving most weekends 🤨
Virtue signalling at its finest

Freddo10

Brilliant news of all restrictions being lifted, I’m happy people will be charged to buy them pointless LF tests, as we all know they won’t so a lot less people will not test, therefore the end may just be in sight.

no tests, masks, reporting of daily cases and the media scaremongering and covid will soon fizzle out and become like any other virus.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Boris is definitely worthy of the clap. 😁
oops… would you look at that unfortunate typo error, my bad 😕

I feel like there’s now a social media “victim” status competition going on, who lost or suffered the most while they partied….
NHS staff where you at 🤣🤣🤣 working 28 hour days in 18 layers of PPE while zoom calling your dying hamster?
It’s your time to shine….

• Haha

monga

VIP Member
Was reading about people having their surgeries cancelled apparently brain tumours are classed as elective surgery as they don’t fall under emergencies unless you’re life is in immediate danger 🙄

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sick

elliebee27

VIP Member
We're all negative now - kid never got it - so now back to school for him! Anecdotally - lasted longer than OG Covid - but was much milder and a chest cold for me, head cold for the hubby.

Here in the US the narrative is changing fast - all the things we knew before: T and B cells protect you, cross-infections from other coronaviruses in our lives protect you, most deaths from Covid were WITH not from it, most hospitalizations are incidental, omicron much more mild, Biden's vax mandate will be struck down, et cetera... sadly some areas hanging onto vax passes and masks with all their might... Dems need this over because they will be destroyed in the midterms regardless. Mainstream media picking up on what they would call conspiracy theories before. CDC telling the truth about it. Trying to make people less terrified.

Still seeing people I know wanting boosters for their children because Omicron will kill their kids. Sigh.

cubegame

Where would this offence apply to, just schools? Or even private businesses?

If the latter, then why can't a business owner be allowed to request customers wear masks if they enter their property? (i.e. their shop)?
Because, quite simply, no single person or group has been able to definitively prove that masks do anything to prevent the spread of this virus. They have been mandated merely to make people remember there is a pandemic going on because the vector causing the pandemic is not actually significant to the vast majority. They have also provided a useful crutch to those who have been manipulated into a heightened sense of fear.

The most enthusiastic proponents of masks need to have their relative benefits compared to their drawbacks hammered home. As the negatives outweigh the positives on a health basis alone then a business owner requiring masks is actually putting their customers at risk for no reason at all.

• Heart
  • Haha