Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #114

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My other half is going on a ski trip to Bulgaria at the end of the month and trying to sort out what tests he needs for travel and the times and things for when to take the pre-departure ones and drop them off again to ensure enough turnaround time but them still being valid for the flight is giving me a headache.
Since I’ve started looking at options the requirements for tests have changed twice (once from our end and once from Bulgaria’s end) and it’s really no wonder people aren’t travelling as much. It’s put me right off doing it again in the near future. We are booking with Randox but his friend who is also going on the holiday doesn’t live anywhere near a drop box for them (would be a four hour round trip to drop off his test) so his only option for a pre-departure test is a local pharmacy at nearly £150! Insanity. That requirement only came in on Friday so it’s crazy when it’s so much money and something you haven’t budgeted for at all this close to the trip.
I would say holiday in the UK but HAVE YOU SEEN THE bleeping PRICES ALREADY!!!! 😭

Seriously though, that sounds like a whole load of unwanted stress. How can anyone look forward to a holiday with all that grief

Reactions: 8
My other half is going on a ski trip to Bulgaria at the end of the month and trying to sort out what tests he needs for travel and the times and things for when to take the pre-departure ones and drop them off again to ensure enough turnaround time but them still being valid for the flight is giving me a headache.
Since I’ve started looking at options the requirements for tests have changed twice (once from our end and once from Bulgaria’s end) and it’s really no wonder people aren’t travelling as much. It’s put me right off doing it again in the near future. We are booking with Randox but his friend who is also going on the holiday doesn’t live anywhere near a drop box for them (would be a four hour round trip to drop off his test) so his only option for a pre-departure test is a local pharmacy at nearly £150! Insanity. That requirement only came in on Friday so it’s crazy when it’s so much money and something you haven’t budgeted for at all this close to the trip.
Sounds easier to just stay home! Which is a shame as holidays used to be so much fun and hassle free

Reactions: 5
Those emails…… wow 😂🤣
ICU really traumatised old bojo didn’t it.
shameful, maybe it was never that serious in the first place and the public were mugs 😐

cummings is the panto villain we never knew we needed 😂 keep your friends close and your enemy’s on payroll you daft idiot.

brilliant 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
We're all negative now - kid never got it - so now back to school for him! Anecdotally - lasted longer than OG Covid - but was much milder and a chest cold for me, head cold for the hubby.

Here in the US the narrative is changing fast - all the things we knew before: T and B cells protect you, cross-infections from other coronaviruses in our lives protect you, most deaths from Covid were WITH not from it, most hospitalizations are incidental, omicron much more mild, Biden's vax mandate will be struck down, et cetera... sadly some areas hanging onto vax passes and masks with all their might... Dems need this over because they will be destroyed in the midterms regardless. Mainstream media picking up on what they would call conspiracy theories before. CDC telling the truth about it. Trying to make people less terrified.

Still seeing people I know wanting boosters for their children because Omicron will kill their kids. Sigh.

Reactions: 14
Let's ask Boris what bottle we need to bring to the party *offloads bottle of Cinzano that's been sitting in cupboard for past 8 years*

BYOB folks!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Well I have succumbed to Omicron (I think). My 8 year old has a cough and my Mum has had a positive lateral flow. I have every symptom going, except loss of smell. The worst for me is nausea and vomiting. Since getting up I’ve been sick 4 times and haven’t even eaten. Couldn’t keep a cup of tea down. Is this normal? 😰

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Let's ask Boris what bottle we need to bring to the party *offloads bottle of Cinzano that's been sitting in cupboard for past 8 years*

BYOB folks!!!

I’m not sure that’s a good idea some folks may overstep the mark and # Tattle, the online harms bill is going through atm and that would add fuel to the fire 🔥 I’m sure people can find him easily enough if they want to contact him …Wee Robins had to build a fortress

Reactions: 1
Can someone explain the science lfT and PCR tests as I've searched and not found.

Don't generally PCR up to 90 days (as residual can show as positive although you're not positive)
Do LFT and if it shows negative after several days go back to life, surely the lft would show the positive line even though person is clear too?

(Or the science and rules make it up as suits agendas 😁)

Reactions: 2
Can someone explain the science lfT and PCR tests as I've searched and not found.

Don't generally PCR up to 90 days (as residual can show as positive although you're not positive)
Do LFT and if it shows negative after several days go back to life, surely the lft would show the positive line even though person is clear too?

(Or the science and rules make it up as suits agendas 😁)
I think the PCR goes through many cycles in the machine to strip the virus right back so it can be detected .

Well I have succumbed to Omicron (I think). My 8 year old has a cough and my Mum has had a positive lateral flow. I have every symptom going, except loss of smell. The worst for me is nausea and vomiting. Since getting up I’ve been sick 4 times and haven’t even eaten. Couldn’t keep a cup of tea down. Is this normal? 😰
Some people do get an upset stomach, yes. I hope you feel better soon 💐

BYOB folks!!!

I have been told by someone who works within Downing Street (catering), they also had a New Years Eve party last year, not sure if that's made it out into the press yet, or how true it is, but wouldn't be surprised if it was.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
I have been told by someone who works within Downing Street (catering), they also had a New Years Eve party last year, not sure if that's made it out into the press yet, or how true it is, but wouldn't be surprised if it was.
Its fair to say that this Government’s attitude to most people is ‘do as I say, not as I do’. Most governments have been the same but not nearly as much as this one!

Reactions: 6
what other alternative is there?
I think that’s the big issue because there really is no good alternative. Labour is a bit of a shambles and it seems Kier isn’t too popular, the Lib Dems have fallen from view a bit and the rest are the smaller fringe parties. There’s nothing to unite the country against another 5 years of BoJo.

Reactions: 3
Cummings really is an evil genius. I quite like him but I'm equally terrified.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
You need to go to the daily Mail 😂

I’m not sure that’s a good idea some folks may overstep the mark and # Tattle, the online harms bill is going through atm and that would add fuel to the fire 🔥 I’m sure people can find him easily enough if they want to contact him …Wee Robins had to build a fortress

@monga you're right, it was meant completely in jest rather than a call to arms, but yes should have put a bit more consideration into the knock on effects. There are some crazies about that do go too far. Happy to delete original post but don't think I can.

Bottle of Cinzano still going though if any takers?

@monga you're right, it was meant completely in jest rather than a call to arms, but yes should have put a bit more consideration into the knock on effects. There are some crazies about that do go too far. Happy to delete original post but don't think I can.

Bottle of Cinzano still going though if any takers?
No I know you meant in jest but like you say there are crazies watching that over step the mark it’s those people give this site a bad name, and they’re real believe me.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.