Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #114

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know a few people still testing positive on day 9/10 and 11. How many people are actually testing with LFT’s on day 6/7 to check before leaving isolation. 😣

I’ll be glad if that cold stuff turns out to be true as I’ve had 3 horrible colds in the last 2 months and have been really annoyed that none of them were covid (because that means I still have covid to catch and I am bored of being poorly!)

The cold that’s gone round this winter seems to be worse than omicron anyway - both my husband’s grandparents ended up hospitalised with it for a couple of weeks and the rest of our family were really ill. (Grandparents in their 80s and developed pneumonia.)

Some of you might remember just before NY I posted my brother tested positive and had to go to hospital as he was bringing up blood - turns out it wasn’t due to covid, it was ibuprofen he took for the covid headache. His actual covid symptoms were very mild.
Even the common cold is hitting people harder as for 2 years we have all been sanitising all the time, have been wearing masks, and not mingling like we used to so our immune system must be so weak.... As it hardly come across any dirt/bacteria etc.

Reactions: 4
Even the common cold is hitting people harder as for 2 years we have all been sanitising all the time, have been wearing masks, and not mingling like we used to so our immune system must be so weak.... As it hardly come across any dirt/bacteria etc.
That's not how immune systems work

Reactions: 8
CDC already have said covid positive doctors can work if they’re asymptomatic, but those pesky unvaxxed can’t. :LOL:

Reactions: 5
The tennis player Novak won his visa appeal.

Also surprised to see a Australian news clip with the presenter talking about their compensation scheme + he actually said there had been 79k adverse reactions but they were still “rare”.

Just posting clips from the video.
It’s always the rich and famous people who are made exceptions for though isn’t it? Never ordinary people.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I think we need to get to a point where isolating is scrapped. Covid will have to become like a cold or flu virus that we just learn to live with. I think it's the only option

• Heart
Reactions: 20
The newer variants seem to have a much shorter incubation period than the older variants. So the old isolation rules took this into account . And there were obviously people who were contagious outside of their isolation period, there is a lot of guesswork involved.

I think we need to get to a point where isolating is scrapped. Covid will have to become like a cold or flu virus that we just learn to live with. I think it's the only option
Especially for people who no symptoms. But by all means , encourage staying at home for r&r while feeling unwell, but allowing people to trust their own judgement on when this is necessary.

Reactions: 9
I wonder why they're bothering to test them if they can go to work when they're positive? Might as well not bother with the rigmarole of a test. 😂
That's what I wondered about the UK daily testing critical workers ,surely they're going to find more pos cases than if they didn't test 🥴

Reactions: 2
Do track and trace still call to check up on people who test positive? I know someone who tested positive and is still dropping their kids off at school and stuff. I thought you get calls to check you are isolating?

I’m not sure if this the right thread for this. However, I started back at uni today (where I’m studying to become a primary school teacher) and the behaviour around Covid restrictions from some of my peers shocked me. I know there’s always going to be deniers etc but these were people my age who were basically ignoring simple rules, like wearing a mask in a seminar because they don’t want to. They were even discussing buying sunflower lanyards off eBay to pretend they’re exempt. I really wanted to speak up, however this was the first day of a new module in a new group of people who I’m going to have to do a group assignment with, so didn’t want to start off with them thinking I’m a goody-two-shoes or something. It does worry me how these people are starting placements in schools tomorrow and could potentially be teaching future generations in a few years. The wanting to buy fake lanyards does make me feel sick though. The people who actually need them have been talking for months now about their actual use and how it’s just being diminished now. They were talking about it as if they were talking about where to buy clothes or something. Some people will really do anything to avoid following simple rules out in place to keep them and others safe and it is disgusting.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Do track and trace still call to check up on people who test positive? I know someone who tested positive and is still dropping their kids off at school and stuff. I thought you get calls to check you are isolating?
I don’t know but if they did call the person would just lie I should imagine. They aren’t going to admit to breaking the law if they can’t do the right thing in the first place are they?

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.