Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #114

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who is that guy?
I’ve no idea ! I posted because politics for all were banned from Twitter and now they’re back…I see the possibility of mandatory vaccines being banged about for the ROI

Wonder did someone turn the electric off 🤭

Peer reviewed!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Don’t think it matters now we’re well past the point of return, they’ve even got private hospitals on standby to deal with the carnage should it arise.

Reactions: 2
assuming my LFTs are negative, I’ve self-isolated for half of the time required just waiting for a PCR test and results 🤡

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Such a wrong move. People remain infectious for more than 5 days. Again we seem to be doing our own thing. He is an absolute failure and shambles to this country.
They'll be even more short staffed and hospitals will be overrun when the whole lot of them have covid because he's letting contagious people out and about.

I have no doubt every step he makes now is just economical and not in the interest of the public.

Reactions: 7
I have no doubt every step he makes now is just economical and not in the interest of the public.
Political too. It’s become clear that he will be out of the job soon, and the people wanting that position had been recommended to vote against any more restrictions

I don’t disagree with the overall step, but it’s simply too soon to be making it

Reactions: 3
They'll be even more short staffed and hospitals will be overrun when the whole lot of them have covid because he's letting contagious people out and about.

Was it ever in public interest 🤔

Its all leading up to all restrictions being scrapped and us just getting on with life. I was talking to someone at work and we give it 3 more months before everythings scrapped

Reactions: 13
Isn't covid isolation in the USA cut to 5 days as well? apologies if this has been discussed already, the threads move quickly.

Isn't covid isolation in the USA cut to 5 days as well? apologies if this has been discussed already, the threads move quickly.
That is correct but many not happy with this move either.

“Given what we currently know about COVID-19 and the Omicron variant, CDC is shortening the recommended time for isolation for the public. People with COVID-19 should isolate for 5 days and if they are asymptomatic or their symptoms are resolving (without fever for 24 hours), follow that by 5 days of wearing a mask when around others to minimize the risk of infecting people they encounter. The change is motivated by science demonstrating that the majority of SARS-CoV-2 transmission occurs early in the course of illness, generally in the 1-2 days prior to onset of symptoms and the 2-3 days after.”

They advise to wear a mask around others for 5 days after coming out of isolation to reduce risk of infecting others - that translates to they are still infectious?

Reactions: 4
That is correct but many not happy with this move either.

“Given what we currently know about COVID-19 and the Omicron variant, CDC is shortening the recommended time for isolation for the public. People with COVID-19 should isolate for 5 days and if they are asymptomatic or their symptoms are resolving (without fever for 24 hours), follow that by 5 days of wearing a mask when around others to minimize the risk of infecting people they encounter. The change is motivated by science demonstrating that the majority of SARS-CoV-2 transmission occurs early in the course of illness, generally in the 1-2 days prior to onset of symptoms and the 2-3 days after.”

They advise to wear a mask around others for 5 days after coming out of isolation to reduce risk of infecting others - that translates to they are still infectious?
Yeah, that doesn't make sense at all. Clearly driven by wanting to keep people in the workplace.

Reactions: 3
Hi I'm a dialysis patient & Tested positive on 29/12 , I now have to travel a hour away from where I usually have my treatment ,and iv been told I can't have a pcr test until two weeks after I tested positive , and I have to have two negative PCR tests a week apart before I'm allowed bk to my usual local dialysis centre as apparently itd be 'false readings' does this sound right to anyone ? X

• Sad
Reactions: 4
The Americans count their isolation from the pos PCR , UK count from symptoms start so it’s a shorter period in the UK.

Its all leading up to all restrictions being scrapped and us just getting on with life. I was talking to someone at work and we give it 3 more months before everythings scrapped
That’s what the press are reporting and accurate so far!

My son has waited nearly 2 years for a rheumatology appointment. Was supposed to be there on Thursday but just had it cancelled due to covid 🙄. No new date given. Just told that children are a priority and will be attended too soon

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Was reading about people having their surgeries cancelled apparently brain tumours are classed as elective surgery as they don’t fall under emergencies unless you’re life is in immediate danger 🙄

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
I’ll be glad if that cold stuff turns out to be true as I’ve had 3 horrible colds in the last 2 months and have been really annoyed that none of them were covid (because that means I still have covid to catch and I am bored of being poorly!)

The cold that’s gone round this winter seems to be worse than omicron anyway - both my husband’s grandparents ended up hospitalised with it for a couple of weeks and the rest of our family were really ill. (Grandparents in their 80s and developed pneumonia.)

Some of you might remember just before NY I posted my brother tested positive and had to go to hospital as he was bringing up blood - turns out it wasn’t due to covid, it was ibuprofen he took for the covid headache. His actual covid symptoms were very mild.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I’ll be glad if that cold stuff turns out to be true as I’ve had 3 horrible colds in the last 2 months and have been really annoyed that none of them were covid (because that means I still have covid to catch and I am bored of being poorly!)

The cold that’s gone round this winter seems to be worse than omicron anyway - both my husband’s grandparents ended up hospitalised with it for a couple of weeks and the rest of our family were really ill. (Grandparents in their 80s and developed pneumonia.)

Some of you might remember just before NY I posted my brother tested positive and had to go to hospital as he was bringing up blood - turns out it wasn’t due to covid, it was ibuprofen he took for the covid headache. His actual covid symptoms were very mild.
Hope your family are all doing better now!

It seems the world has forgotten there is other illnesses that still exist. Everything is just covid covid covid.

And the hospitals and GP surgeries need to pull themselves together by now, all sorts of treatment and appointments have been cancelled and post phoned and still are being. They need to start catching up, its already too late for some people.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.