Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I posted a few posts back about being and ICU deputy sister and how scared we all were. The NHS is changing daily and it’s very scary. A lot of people are self isolating, which is leaving us relying on agency. Students have been pulled out by their universities. I’ve been told because I’m seen as highly skilled (vent trained, Trachy trained, ALS, ILS etc), there’s a possibility that I could be put up in hospital accommodation when it gets worse. I really don’t want to be apart from my family. I’ve told my husband that he must take our son to his Mums if I end up being “drafted in” but he wants to stay close by.

My matron risk assessed staff this week. Medically suspended another of my deputy sister as she suffers from ear infections and colds. I have a heart condition, asthma and arthritis (I take steroids, beta blockers etc) and I’ve been told I have to stay until I get symptoms. Serves me right for being highly skilled. All our annual leave and bank holidays have been cancelled until May. My annual leave is to cover childcare, so no clue what to do.

My mum is putting pressure on me to self isolate because of my heart, but I don’t want to cause issues in my team and put pressure on people.

yesterday I went into town as Sainsburys only delivered half my order. I couldn’t get any nappies, mince beef, sausages, eggs, sanitary towels etc. I cried as I walked to a boots on the other side of the city centre as no where had nappies. My Mum lives in Norfolk and had to post some to me.

I went shopping basically to ensure my husband and my son are okay when I go to work... and not come back for a bit. I have a suitcase in my car.

dire bleeping times.
Just self isolate. You have to look after yourself, you will 100% regret it if you get unwell and then can’t look after your family. I work for the NHS and know that we will get through, as we always do. Don’t put your own life at risk. How can your deputy get authorised leave for a recurrent ear infections?! Are you sure she doesn’t have an underlying issue maybe she doesn’t want to disclose. I am very surprised you haven’t been granted leave with a cardiac condition..I would raise that with HR. Especially if other colleague doesn’t have medical issues as that seems like unfair bias from the matron.

Reactions: 10
No (face to face) dating, no actual kissing, no sex or other intimate activities (with randoms - your regular partner is ok I'm assuming). That's the guidance now. :oops: So long as they don't ban chocolate or wine, I'll be a happy bunny!
No sex, No shopping, bloody hell Boris kick a girl when we're down why don't you! 😊

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Jesus Christ. I just got a message from someone in our ward who responded to a mutual aid leaflet. He’s recovering from non-Corona illness and can’t get an Ocado shop until Thursday so would like some veg and fruit delivered by Tuesday latest to keep him going. He’d like bananas (greenish if possible) and jazz apples. Oh and pak Choi or brussel sprouts. I wish at times I lived on the same planet as some people. 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Just self isolate. You have to look after yourself, you will 100% regret it if you get unwell and then can’t look after your family. I work for the NHS and know that we will get through, as we always do. Don’t put your own life at risk. How can your deputy get authorised leave for a recurrent ear infections?! Are you sure she doesn’t have an underlying issue maybe she doesn’t want to disclose.
This deputy sister is waaaayyy too open about everything 🤣🤣🤣 she has a condition which affects her balance and causes the ear infections, and as matron put it “she’s unsafe to have at work”. the only person who knows about my heart is my line manager, just in case I’m unwell at work. I got told to work until I am able too. They told us this week that we won’t be authorised overtime... erm duck off!!!!

Reactions: 3
I had a thought earlier. Giving blood. Are we still allowed to give blood or can this virus be passed through blood donations? It hasn’t been spoken about.
Great point - can anybody answer this? I guess they can test the blood before using ?

Reactions: 1
Jesus Christ. I just got a message from someone in our ward who responded to a mutual aid leaflet. He’s recovering from non-Corona illness and can’t get an Ocado shop until Thursday so would like some veg and fruit delivered by Tuesday latest to keep him going. He’d like bananas (greenish if possible) and jazz apples. Oh and pak Choi or brussel sprouts. I wish at times I lived on the same planet as some people. 🤦🏼‍♀️
this is hilarious! My friend is unwell and couldn’t pick up her parcel from the post office, but couldn’t bare the thought of asking her neighbour. I kept joking that she won’t know unless she asks!

I posted a few posts back about being and ICU deputy sister and how scared we all were. The NHS is changing daily and it’s very scary. A lot of people are self isolating, which is leaving us relying on agency. Students have been pulled out by their universities. I’ve been told because I’m seen as highly skilled (vent trained, Trachy trained, ALS, ILS etc), there’s a possibility that I could be put up in hospital accommodation when it gets worse. I really don’t want to be apart from my family. I’ve told my husband that he must take our son to his Mums if I end up being “drafted in” but he wants to stay close by.

My matron risk assessed staff this week. Medically suspended another of my deputy sister as she suffers from ear infections and colds. I have a heart condition, asthma and arthritis (I take steroids, beta blockers etc) and I’ve been told I have to stay until I get symptoms. Serves me right for being highly skilled. All our annual leave and bank holidays have been cancelled until May. My annual leave is to cover childcare, so no clue what to do.

My mum is putting pressure on me to self isolate because of my heart, but I don’t want to cause issues in my team and put pressure on people.

yesterday I went into town as Sainsburys only delivered half my order. I couldn’t get any nappies, mince beef, sausages, eggs, sanitary towels etc. I cried as I walked to a boots on the other side of the city centre as no where had nappies. My Mum lives in Norfolk and had to post some to me.

I went shopping basically to ensure my husband and my son are okay when I go to work... and not come back for a bit. I have a suitcase in my car.

dire bleeping times.
This made me tear up. I wish I could help but I’m not in the U.K.so can’t even send you anything.
Sending you a big hug ❤

Great point - can anybody answer this? I guess they can test the blood before using ?
Giving blood is encouraged - just phone and make an appointment so you don't have to queue and they have time to clean between donations. (y)

Ours has had that facility for years. I now ring the chemist and they request if it is a repeat one.

A friend is a surveyor. An estate agent told him they did a house viewing yesterday and the couple stole 3 loo rolls out the bathroom! 😳🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
I don't understand why the news channels arent playing soundbites from it. It is really sobering and lays it starkly on the line. Yes it's terrifying but sadly it's the only way some morons will take heed.
I've been off FB for months but reactived just to share the interview. I've been sensible and I'm clued up but so many aren't taking it seriously enough, unfortunately I'm guessing most won't listen as they'd rather not face the truth!

Reactions: 2
Schools have closed and the A30 has so many caravans and cars with roofboxes on. Why cant people stay put? Our hospital here in Cornwall cant cope with the people we have living here, let alone all the extras. It terrifies me.
spoke to my Dad today who lives Devon, he said their local facebook group was moaning about people deciding to come down to their second homes to get away from London. just stay put ..nothings open so whats the point..your risking bringing the infection with you spreading it along the motorway

Reactions: 9
I wish my teens would stay on board, one minute they understand fully, the next they’re challenging me to go out with their friends or have their gf/bf over, my eldest has started seeing someone recently and typically the virus is now so bad I won’t allow their boyfriend over and they keep saying please mum, they’ve not got it, please. Now Im feeling like the worst mum ever and constantly repeating myself explaining it’s a risk, it’s so draining.

My husband is asthmatic and I have some health issues, we’ve explained this and one minute they get it, the next they’re challenging us. I’m so tired of it all already, All the extra cleaning, constantly making people wash hands, keep rooms clean, if they must go out (eldest still in work) remind them to use handgel and be careful once returning home. I’m drained And I battle fatigue daily as it is with my conditions.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 14

dire bleeping times.
Christ on a bike. And some people are whinging because they can’t go to the pub. You’re amazing (ps you ARE in a vulnerable group so if you can isolate do it; people will work round it. You count too)

Reactions: 7
With he 80% of wages being paid, does that include people that have had to socially isolate for health reasons? My mum has diabetes and works in a nursing home so I want her to stay at home but she’s worried about not being paid?
I'd like to know this. did you get an answer? X

Can ppl just stop stressing about mothers day please. Mothers know you love them, its just a money making exercise by companies. I was taught to show my love every day and have taught my child the same. The greatest love is keeping them safe and well and just talk on the phone and tell them youre not risking their health by visiting. Even dropping off flowers or chocs might have the virus on them 😊
This!
My son’s wanted to go to the shops yesterday and I told them not to. They said they needed to buy me a card, etc.
I told them having them safe at home was more important to me and they can make me one instead. Goodness knows if they will - they’re 23 and 20 so don’t have colouring pens anymore so if they do make one it will be a copy and paste job from the internet. I dread to think... 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Christ on a bike. And some people are whinging because they can’t go to the pub. You’re amazing (ps you ARE in a vulnerable group so if you can isolate do it; people will work round it. You count too)
Yes I agree. Isolate if you can. Re childcare. You're a critical key worker so nursery/school should have your children for you during 8-6pm if you need. I'd they're not currently Inna nursery I imagine it won't be hard to register them

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.