Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t know if this was already posted..

Private sector hospitals will partner with NHS England in a first-of-its-kind deal to provide thousands more beds, extra ventilators and additional staff as the health service attempts to fight against the spread of the Covid-19 coronavirus in this country. The deal includes the provision of 8,000 hospital beds across England, nearly 1,200 more ventilators, more than 10,000 nurses, over 700 doctors and over 8,000 other clinical staff.

Starting next week.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
As of 9am on 21 March 2020, 72,818 people have been tested in the UK, of which 67,800 were confirmed negative and 5,018 were confirmed positive.

As of 9am, 233 patients in the UK who tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19) have died.

So up about 1000?

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Does anyone know if there is anything in place for those who are forced to take unpaid leave due to lack of childcare? Not entitled to the 80% of wages and not a furloughed worker, just unable to work due to childcare issues now nursery has closed!

Reactions: 3
UK4,145+162233+56
That's not accurate on the gov site it says

As of 9am on 21 March 2020, 72,818 people have been tested in the UK, of which 67,800 were confirmed negative and 5,018 were confirmed positive.

As of 9am, 233 patients in the UK who tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19) have died.

I read something on the BBC whereby they suggested keeping people a "Broom handles length" away from you. :unsure: Now, a) I don't own a broom, and b) If I did, and went out swinging it around, I would end up in jail. Maybe I could just print a T shirt with "If you can read this, please step back" or words to that effect...…..

Reactions: 1

So up about 1000?
Big jump, is it the biggest so far

Reactions: 1
No (face to face) dating, no actual kissing, no sex or other intimate activities (with randoms - your regular partner is ok I'm assuming). That's the guidance now. :oops: So long as they don't ban chocolate or wine, I'll be a happy bunny!
My vagina has been self isolating since 2018 so I'm alright tbh. It's like an abandoned mineshaft.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I've had a good cry today ... Just everything felt massive today - (hugs) to you ❤
Same.... last night and today twice. I just hit by waves of realisation and feel completely overwhelmed. Have vulnerable parent and a grandparent. Have 4 children. Schools shut now and feeling overwhelmed with organising our days to keep them occupied and engaged. Then feel like supermum and plan to make it work which then leads to relief and another cycle of tears and worry! Husband is still working up and down the country daily which terrifies me. He's very careful but this thing is everywhere and he's not invincible. It just feel so surreal and unreal.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Same.... last night and today twice. I just hit by waves of realisation and feel completely overwhelmed. Have vulnerable parent and a grandparent. Have 4 children. Schools shut now and feeling overwhelmed with organising our days to keep them occupied and engaged. Then feel like supermum and plan to make it work which then leads to relief and another cycle of tears and worry! Husband is still working up and down the country daily which terrifies me. He's very careful but this thing is everywhere and he's not invincible. It just feel so surreal and unreal.
You are amazing. ❤

Reactions: 2
I posted a few posts back about being and ICU deputy sister and how scared we all were. The NHS is changing daily and it’s very scary. A lot of people are self isolating, which is leaving us relying on agency. Students have been pulled out by their universities. I’ve been told because I’m seen as highly skilled (vent trained, Trachy trained, ALS, ILS etc), there’s a possibility that I could be put up in hospital accommodation when it gets worse. I really don’t want to be apart from my family. I’ve told my husband that he must take our son to his Mums if I end up being “drafted in” but he wants to stay close by.

My matron risk assessed staff this week. Medically suspended another of my deputy sister as she suffers from ear infections and colds. I have a heart condition, asthma and arthritis (I take steroids, beta blockers etc) and I’ve been told I have to stay until I get symptoms. Serves me right for being highly skilled. All our annual leave and bank holidays have been cancelled until May. My annual leave is to cover childcare, so no clue what to do.

My mum is putting pressure on me to self isolate because of my heart, but I don’t want to cause issues in my team and put pressure on people.

yesterday I went into town as Sainsburys only delivered half my order. I couldn’t get any nappies, mince beef, sausages, eggs, sanitary towels etc. I cried as I walked to a boots on the other side of the city centre as no where had nappies. My Mum lives in Norfolk and had to post some to me.

I went shopping basically to ensure my husband and my son are okay when I go to work... and not come back for a bit. I have a suitcase in my car.

dire bleeping times.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
You are amazing. ❤
I think all of us are finding strength with pockets of emotion throughout our days. All I can tell myself is everyone's in this together. We are all facing the same uncertain prospects. Thank you for the boost x

I am so sorry, I didn't mean to freak you out :confused:

Just be rational, if you find yourself increasingly unwell, go through whatever process you need to do. Here its call your GP and they ask some questions, it takes about 5-10 mins.
Anybody wanting to still go out for a coffee is a moron. Make a coffee at home and go for a walk with space between you and others.

Oh wow lol, I will try my best

My husband got it first, he was unwell on mon night into tue morning and we called up the GP. He was tested on wed.
Neither of us were abroad. My husband works in Cork city and I work from home, so im convinced he brought it home (FECKER!)

He isnt the most descriptive person but he looked like crap on paddy's day and he said it felt like flu, he had a sky high temperature and as of yesterday he feels he is exhausted when doing simple things.

My own symptoms were a thumping headache and a pressure type pain behind my eyes and nose. I didn't think much at that point but once I got the chills I knew I was in bother. My temp is 38.9 and when I get out of bed it feels like someone has thrown a bucket of ice water on me, just shaking and shivering in general (apologies i know its not the best description). I have experienced the exhaustion today a little but I am putting that down to not sleeping well.

The test, for anyone wondering is a swab with a long cotton bud type thing up the nose. Its an awful sensation but its done pretty quick.
Thank you for responding.
So neither of you had this cough they describe? I thought every got that with COVID-19 so I bet there are loads of people who have it but are writing it off as normal flu because they’ve no cough. They then won’t isolate.
Worrying that your husband got it just going about his usual day.
I hope you both improve soon.
Take care xx

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.