Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Christ on a bike. And some people are whinging because they can’t go to the pub. You’re amazing (ps you ARE in a vulnerable group so if you can isolate do it; people will work round it. You count too)
im going to speak to my manager on Monday as I got a text from matron at 4pm on a Friday (who then turned her phone off!) saying leave was cancelled and rota’s may change. I was hysterical as I work set days; back in January I asked this matron if I could extend my working hours and she said no... what does she think she’s getting out of me now?

I have Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation. I’m so worried and upset, I feel breathless and my heart is skipping loads. I know it’s anxiety, but it gets worst if I’m sick.

I am not amazing! I’m clueless!

Yes I agree. Isolate if you can. Re childcare. You're a critical key worker so nursery/school should have your children for you during 8-6pm if you need. I'd they're not currently Inna nursery I imagine it won't be hard to register them
my son is at a nursery on a Friday; his nursery has gone from 60 kids to 6! They said they may close if they get less than 5 kids... sake!

• Sad
Reactions: 6
im going to speak to my manager on Monday as I got a text from matron at 4pm on a Friday (who then turned her phone off!) saying leave was cancelled and rota’s may change. I was hysterical as I work set days; back in January I asked this matron if I could extend my working hours and she said no... what does she think she’s getting out of me now?

I have Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation. I’m so worried and upset, I feel breathless and my heart is skipping loads. I know it’s anxiety, but it gets worst if I’m sick.

I am not amazing! I’m clueless!

my son is at a nursery on a Friday; his nursery has gone from 60 kids to 6! They said they may close if they get less than 5 kids... sake!
Look after yourself and definitely talk to your manager first thing. Take care

Reactions: 4
My father in law has been sent home from work for 12/16 weeks as he is in the vulnerable category. He has COPD, diabetes and something else and has been told to self isolate and he will receive full pay.
His wife works in a hospital, so she could be carrying anything. Should they be separated while he is self isolating so he isnt at risk?

• Angry
Reactions: 5
Having a lovely strange weekend social distancing. Probably drunk more alcohol (in my living room!) than I usually do in a month. Went for a long walk and got a takeaway coffee through a hatch. Was supposed to see friends tonight but we cancelled. Seems a bit pointless when I have to go back to work on Monday into my small hot-desking office but I guess limiting social contact outside work is better than nothing. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 8
There are now 785 confirmed cases in the Republic of Ireland,
102 new cases
13 cases admitted to ICU - representing 2% of all cases hospitalised
147 cases - 25% of cases are associated with healthcare workers
Dublin has the highest number of cases at 55%, followed by Cork 15%

584 cases notified, 55% are male and 44% are female, with 29 clusters involving 157 cases.
The median age of confirmed cases is 44 years
30% of cases have been hospitalised

Of those 584 examined, for whom transmission status is known, community transmission accounts for 42%, close contact accounts for 23%, travel abroad accounts for 35%.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
My father in law has been sent home from work for 12/16 weeks as he is in the vulnerable category. He has COPD, diabetes and something else and has been told to self isolate and he will receive full pay.
His wife works in a hospital, so she could be carrying anything. Should they be separated while he is self isolating so he isnt at risk?
We have been told that we either stay in hospital accommodation, or we self isolate too.

Reactions: 2
I sincerely hope that my family can get some food and supplies since we’re back. We didn’t get the chance to buy anything before this tit happened!

Reactions: 1
Someone in my town died of coronavirus on 15th March and it has only just been announced today. The numbers are not accurate.... it still shows as 0 cases of testing positive for coronavirus in my town 🤷‍♀️

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Reading someone age 41 died today in England just made me burst into tears. I’m that age, I have a few health conditions (fibro, ME and POTS) and my husband has asthma. I don’t know what health condtiins they had of course but it’s made me feel anxious and upset tonight 🙁 Will that be me soon 😢

If Italy is in lockdown how in earth gave they had 793 new deaths today? This is scary.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Glad you are feeling a bit happier.
Pity about the neighbours carrying on like normal. This is no longer something for people to shrug off. It's happening to us and will continue to kill people until we stop unnecessary contact!

My mother in law text the family group chat last night...since we can't all go out for mothers day dinner (had it booked and arranged since about Christmas time) do you all want to come here for a takeaway instead? This would be for 17 family members including MiL and FiL. Politely declined, everyone else is going 🤷‍♀️😩 people need to wake up!!
They need to read this article of family members in America meeting up, so far a few have died... Just drop that screenshot in your group chat!

Attachments

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Mountain rescue telling people to stay home and don't go hillwalking cos they can't guarantee rescue. Islands off the Scottish coastline saying don't visit. Just how many times do people have to be told just stay at home - this is not a bloody holiday! (sorry if I'm ranty, I just can't believe how dense folk can be. Not Tattlers, obvs, Tattlers are amazing :giggle: )
I know, it's incredible isn't it!? My sister's husband is a case in point, still seems to think he can travel from Berkshire to Norfolk to visit his 75 year old mother. I emailed my sister a link to the video of the Italian hospital that Sky News made. Firstly he refused to watch it, then when my sister insisted he watched part of it and said "I've got the point, now stop spreading the fear". He's so bleeping ignorant, fear is something that serves a purpose, it makes us cautious and protects us and helps ensure our survival - only he's too dense to realise this. I said to my sister if he goes to Norfolk tell him to stay there until this is over, which could be a year or more. They have two daughters aged 11 and 16 and he just couldn't care less about their safety or my sister's safety. God I hate him, he's always been a tosser.

I know, it's incredible isn't it!? My sister's husband is a case in point, still seems to think he can travel from Berkshire to Norfolk to visit his 75 year old mother. I emailed my sister a link to the video of the Italian hospital that Sky News made. Firstly he refused to watch it, then when my sister insisted he watched part of it and said "I've got the point, now stop spreading the fear". He's so bleeping ignorant, fear is something that serves a purpose, it makes us cautious and protects us and helps ensure our survival - only he's too dense to realise this. I said to my sister if he goes to Norfolk tell him to stay there until this is over, which could be a year or more. They have two daughters aged 11 and 16 and he just couldn't care less about their safety or my sister's safety. God I hate him, he's always been a tosser.
I know a few people like him, sadly. Dismissing it as a load of drama and fear mongering. I'm still hearing the "Blah blah people die of the flu and you don't get all this shutting down the country" People are not getting the enormity of this situation because it makes them feel out of control. They are trying to stay in control by deciding to live "normally" and play down the seriousness of it. What they don't realise is that we are entering a new lifestyle. And its looking pretty permanent. :cry:

Reactions: 10
My vagina has been self isolating since 2018 so I'm alright tbh. It's like an abandoned mineshaft.
Oh my god! This is the best comment ever 😂😂😂 howling.

Thanks for cheering me up; was in despair over the number increase.

• Heart
I know a few people like him, sadly. Dismissing it as a load of drama and fear mongering. I'm still hearing the "Blah blah people die of the flu and you don't get all this shutting down the country" People are not getting the enormity of this situation because it makes them feel out of control. They are trying to stay in control by deciding to live "normally" and play down the seriousness of it. What they don't realise is that we are entering a new lifestyle. And its looking pretty permanent. :cry:
Indeed, I suggested my sister point out to him that the government would not have closed all pubs, gyms, cinemas etc etc for no good reason. The problem her husband has is that he has never grown up, even now he's 48! He's always had this attitude that life is just one long party and never takes responsibility for anything, their 16 year old daughter is more sensible and responsible than he is. My sister has just carried him for years, I do wonder if this situation will give her the courage to tell him to bugger off and never come back. I don't normally swear this much but I'm just SO angry with him. 😠😠😠😠

• Sad
Reactions: 6
My friend who has a son with cancer (that’s how we met - through our kids and their diagnosis), is displaying symptoms. She’s trying to get tested but so far no luck but she says she really doesn’t feel good and lives in London. One of her neighbors was apparently diagnosed and in hospital.
Shes very worried about her son. He’s not doing well already.
I wish I could help. But I wouldn’t even know how. 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 15
No cheers we don’t want him haha

No cheers we don’t want him haha
(In Norfolk I mean!!)

Reactions: 1
My friend who has a son with cancer (that’s how we met - through our kids and their diagnosis), is displaying symptoms. She’s trying to get tested but so far no luck but she says she really doesn’t feel good and lives in London. One of her neighbors was apparently diagnosed and in hospital.
Shes very worried about her son. He’s not doing well already.
I wish I could help. But I wouldn’t even know how. 😔
Oh no 😔
Is he in hospital?
Not sure whether he's better off in hospital or at home at the moment by the way the numbers are rising.
Its so hard to know what to say in these times let alone what we can actually do.
I'm sure just knowing that you're there to listen is a great help to her.
I hope her son gets well soon
❤

The zoo has just closed by us. Mother’s Day tomorrow an I’m dreading it. I just want to stay home an only go out when/if I have to.

But tomorrow I can see me being dragged round cause no-one bleeping gets it 😔
I'm sure you are big enough to say no and not go. No one can physically drag you around against your will

Protesting against it and still going out is pointless and makes no difference. At the end of it, being against it or not, you are stl making the decision to go out.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.