Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CosmicCreepers

Chatty Member
So annoyed with people my own age (19-25) who think this is all one big joke and are still going out clubbing etc. Selfish, selfish, selfish. A couple of my friends are going about like nothing is happening and I've voiced to them how selfish they're being. I've told them I'm not worried about myself getting it, I'm worried about the fact I could easily infect my parents, grandparents and everyone else! People's true colours are finally showing now :rolleyes::unsure:

• Angry
Reactions: 51

Sweetcorn

Chatty Member
I’m a midwife but in the middle of a year career break. I’ve been feeling awful that I’m not in hospitals supporting other workers. Also the thought that patient care may suffer because the service is so overstretched breaks my heart. NHS workers nor patients deserve that. I am young, healthy (no underlying conditions) and no children or parents that rely on me yet. In truth, I’ve been feeling so guilty and feel like I owe it to NHS workers and patients to show up for them. Yesterday I was asked to join the emergency register and immediately did so. I’m looking forward to getting out there and doing my part the help overcome this horrible situation.

Screw my career break, this is more important.

• Heart
Reactions: 47

HideTheHunter

The hotel in the highlands which sacked and dismissed all its workers, (including a guy from spain who couldn't get home and would be living in a tent) has been slated terribly online. But......another hotel along the road has taken everybody in and given them accommodation and jobs! Heroes! :love:

• Heart
Reactions: 38

Bec3007

VIP Member
Unpopular opinion

I won’t lie, seeing all these posts from companies offering NHS workers special treatment is really bothering me. I know they’re doing amazing work and I know how hard they’re all working while putting themselves at risk, but what about those in supermarkets? Or those working long hours in distribution centres to make sure there’s food even on the shelves? Why aren’t they getting recognition too?

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 37

SarahGard83

VIP Member
Just had a knock on the door. Open it and my daughters friend and her dad are stood there asking if she'd like to come for tea and a sleepover. There's just no words

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 34

Jamhead

VIP Member
This is in reply to a post on the last thread but i can't quote it.
My children have been out 'playing in the street' we are socially distancing ourselves. Not self isolating and there is a big difference.
My children need exercise, for both their physical and mental health. We've taken short half hour bike rides everyday this week.
If we see someone else, we cross to the opposite side of the road. Ive passed a few elderly men out in their gardens or walking their dogs. They've stood and chatted, from a roads width distance.
Ive been out in the cul de sac with them, if other children were out there, we would wait till they went it.
Not every child playing outside is flouting the rules. We all need fresh air and im clinging on by my fingertips to the last threads of normality for my kids.

Reactions: 34

Al26

Hello all!
I am sending you all well wishes and hope you and yours are healthy as can be.
I have just finished a shift at a supermarket where I work and have been shouted at by customers including one shouting 'you should be disgusted with yourself' when I politely told him we were limiting sales of bread
I used to be a nurse and have been asked to re-register
My husband has COPD and his work have again said they'll let him go rather than allow him to be off for 12 weeks.

It's a sad and scary time for so many xx

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 33

LittleB

Apologies if this has already been discussed on here but does anyone get the feeling we’re not being told the full truth about this virus? Or how bad it really is?

Londoncailín

VIP Member
To give all of us the best possible chance of spending Mother’s Day next year with our mums, let’s give them the gift of social distancing.

• Heart

Sloggingaway

Chatty Member
I’m so weepy today
I don’t have any children so god knows how parents must be thinking
I have my own business and it’s very very worrying
The lady who runs the cake shopshe has lost thousands just in three days as people are cancelling weddings and birthdays
Just stood there weeping

it’s uplifting to hear about the lovely people in the world helping others, terribly sad about the selfish

it only just occurred to me that when I have just taken a Mother’s Day present for my grandma, that I might not ever see her again
She’s 92 and in a home, I couldn’t visit her as they are closed until further notice, had to hand over the present at the door
Must admit even at nearly 47 years of age, cried like a baby

terrible worrying times for everyone
And then the boss of Wetherspoons says he won’t be closing....
Bloods boiling!!

• Sad
Reactions: 32

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
My 88 year old mother made me laugh last night. (I worry about her as she is in England and I'm in Ireland but she has my daughter nearby and good neighbours).
Anyway she was on the phone last night and indignant about shops opening from 8 - 9am for older people. 'How on earth are we supposed to get up and ready for then?' - I was a bit speechless as every time I stay with her she is up at about bloody 5.30am dressed and ready for the shops. But when she is advised to go then it is completely different.
Also she found some pasta at the back of her cupboard (probably from my last stay) to see what all the fuss was about, tried it - 'disgusting - can't see why anyone would fight over that rubbish'.
It makes me happy that she is cross and irritated. I can cope with that far better than if she is worried.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Just here to give a shout out to all those people who were shrieking that their friend’s husband’s cousin’s old flat-mate’s boss’s nephew’s ex-school teacher who knows someone who used to be in the miltary, said the army would be on the streets by Friday night. 👋🏻

• Haha
Reactions: 31

imaginedragon83

VIP Member
My colleague who says everyone is overreacting about coronavirus, phoned into work yest and said she has symptoms of a cold....my boss tells her you have to follow guidelines and self isolate for 2 weeks. No work and no going out.
She was in a packed asda this morning 🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈 if we all come out if this I'm never wasting my breath on that selfish asshole again

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 31

Parttimegossip

My retired father in law (who is trained as a clinical neuropsychologist and worked for the NHS for over 40 years) has started to volunteer at one of the biggest hospitals in the north east. He is helping with patients who are struggling to cope with their mental health following being diagnosed with coronavirus and to help people who have dementia etc who have also been tested positive.

reassuring to know that people's mental health is being looked after as well as physical health. Hopefully helps the strain on the staff trying to treat their physical health too!

• Heart
Reactions: 30

stewpot

Chatty Member
My darling daughter has just informed me that she’s made a potion in the bathroom... with all the hand soap 😬😬😬

• Haha
Reactions: 28

caitlinbullen

VIP Member
Stupid question alert. Can I still get a takeaway on Saturday night? Asking for a friend...obvs..because I would never be that shallow.

• Haha
  • Heart

lozboz

A girl I went to school with works as admin at a hospital and has been posting all the free food she’s managed to get by showing her NHS ID today..now she’s going on a night out tonight!🤬 honestly couldn’t write this shit.

• Angry
  • Wow

Mizzdee

Got woken up startled this morning by the arsehole next door effing and blinding at his 5 year old daughter, we often hear them talking to her horrifically but I can guarantee it will get worse over the next weeks, you can tell they have absolutely no patience with her. I feel helpless and would gladly look after her.

I feel so sorry for all the children in abusive homes :( this is going to be so difficult for them, school and seeing their friends is their own little safe haven :(

Listen to the first 10 minutes of this.
I'm really really scared now. 😔

This should be listened to by everyone

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 27