Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reading someone age 41 died today in England just made me burst into tears. I’m that age, I have a few health conditions (fibro, ME and POTS) and my husband has asthma. I don’t know what health condtiins they had of course but it’s made me feel anxious and upset tonight 🙁 Will that be me soon 😢

If Italy is in lockdown how in earth gave they had 793 new deaths today? This is scary.
My sons former teacher is now teaching in Italy,she is on SM pleading with people to take this seriously now..she said the Italians left it far to late to respond and that people were still going about like 'nothing was happening.'..people then started to panic and started fleeing the virus hotspots before lockdown was implemented ,this in turn spread the thing all over and was then impossible to contain ..she said people need to keep a level head and stop bulk buying as there is no food shortage,only the supply is a bit slow to get through as nearly everyone is sick ..but their OK for food...her message was very clear take this seriously now.'.not tomorrow 'now if another Italy is to be avoided..

Reactions: 12
Do you think we are headed for a lockdown? Even businesses are not taking it seriously. We are closed. But are still having to work all our hiurs, we are not entitled to the 80 percent wage protection apparently as we are not closed to staff. So staff are cleaning and painting etc. For the foreseeable? We are not a critical business, by any stretch. We have voulnerable staff. Parents etc many traveling via public transport?

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Ain't posted in a while! So me staying at my friends house did not work, legit most people i knew thought it would be a good idea but pretty soon we were arguing about things. I had been feeling really anxious and panicky then her seeing me like that was making her feel worse. I was wanting to avoid the news and she was wanting to watch it and i felt like i couldnt really tell her not to as its her rules her house. I said to her i think I'm better leaving as if we are like this for months it will ruin our friendship it was really hard to do but with the possibility of lockdown approaching if I stayed I'd have no way to leave and it would've got worse. I hope anyone else staying with people for lockdown it's actually going better for you and you make it longer than a week 😂

Also omfg guys i lost my purse on the bus containing my gas/electric key card, my money, ID went in my house no gas no electric all night. Although someone handed it in and I got the next day. Really badly freaking out last night as with my anxiety not being able to contact anyone being in darkness. Worried about how I'll face this alone now since I was expecting to have someone with me. Apologies in advance if you get sick of reading my posts. 😂

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Does anyone know if there is anything in place for those who are forced to take unpaid leave due to lack of childcare? Not entitled to the 80% of wages and not a furloughed worker, just unable to work due to childcare issues now nursery has closed!
Universal credit seems to be the next option.

Currently self isolating due to shortness of breath requiring me to use my blue inhaler. I was wondering, I assumed I had asthma as dr prescribed me blue inhalers over 10 years ago after a breath test due to asthma symptoms from allergies. Do I have asthma or just very bad allergies? Don’t want to call dr (as spoke to one the other day who prescribed me a brown inhaler aswell) at this busy time to ask a question that’s far from urgent. Any opinions welcome. Thanks and keep well. X

Is it possible to report them? I thought yesterday’s announcement wasn’t advice, but an order
We had similar round where I live. Their get-out-of-jail clause was that everyone had to bring their own plastic glass which they then fill up as a “takeaway” and the customers had to take it out into the beer garden. 🙄

• Wow
  • Angry
We had similar round where I live. Their get-out-of-jail clause was that everyone had to bring their own plastic glass which they then fill up as a “takeaway” and the customers had to take it out into the beer garden. 🙄
How stupid. Surely a takeaway involves taking what you bought away from where you bought it?!

Reactions: 2
I'm sure you are big enough to say no and not go. No one can physically drag you around against your will

Protesting against it and still going out is pointless and makes no difference. At the end of it, being against it or not, you are stl making the decision to go out.

That I am. Sorry I was just moaning.

I had to go an pick a prescription on Friday and the amount of people that were swearing and being abusive to staff was absolutely ridiculous ‘saying things like it’s just the flu’ people need to get over it.

Until the government get tougher I believe cases will continue to grow and people dying will continue.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Great point - can anybody answer this? I guess they can test the blood before using ?
It's already been answered.

It doesn't pass through blood and usual donation rules apply, you can't donate the beginning stages of a cold anyway

Reactions: 1
That I am. Sorry I was just moaning.

I had to go an pick a prescription on Friday and the amount of people that were swearing and being abusive to staff was absolutely ridiculous ‘saying things like it’s just the flu’ people need to get over it.

Until the government get tougher I believe cases will continue to grow and people dying will continue.
Unfortunately it seems to be something in the British psyche. There's going to be a lot of death as the result of Darwinism. The strong survive, the stupid don't.

Reactions: 3
I posted a few posts back about being and ICU deputy sister and how scared we all were. The NHS is changing daily and it’s very scary. A lot of people are self isolating, which is leaving us relying on agency. Students have been pulled out by their universities. I’ve been told because I’m seen as highly skilled (vent trained, Trachy trained, ALS, ILS etc), there’s a possibility that I could be put up in hospital accommodation when it gets worse. I really don’t want to be apart from my family. I’ve told my husband that he must take our son to his Mums if I end up being “drafted in” but he wants to stay close by.

My matron risk assessed staff this week. Medically suspended another of my deputy sister as she suffers from ear infections and colds. I have a heart condition, asthma and arthritis (I take steroids, beta blockers etc) and I’ve been told I have to stay until I get symptoms. Serves me right for being highly skilled. All our annual leave and bank holidays have been cancelled until May. My annual leave is to cover childcare, so no clue what to do.

My mum is putting pressure on me to self isolate because of my heart, but I don’t want to cause issues in my team and put pressure on people.

yesterday I went into town as Sainsburys only delivered half my order. I couldn’t get any nappies, mince beef, sausages, eggs, sanitary towels etc. I cried as I walked to a boots on the other side of the city centre as no where had nappies. My Mum lives in Norfolk and had to post some to me.

I went shopping basically to ensure my husband and my son are okay when I go to work... and not come back for a bit. I have a suitcase in my car.

dire bleeping times.
I have nothing to offer you but a virtual hug and my utmost respect. I'm so sorry that this is happening. Love and strength to you and the entire NHS teams xxxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Why are idiots in the UK fleeing virus hotspots like London to go to holiday homes in the south west etc?! This is exactly why things got out of hand in Italy. Releasing the virus to every corner of the country! People should be banned from leaving their town/village/city.
MORONS!

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
Oh no 😔
Is he in hospital?
Not sure whether he's better off in hospital or at home at the moment by the way the numbers are rising.
Its so hard to know what to say in these times let alone what we can actually do.
I'm sure just knowing that you're there to listen is a great help to her.
I hope her son gets well soon
❤
He's at home. She told me she's thought about seeing if they'll admit him to hospital but then she also doesn't want him alone. But then she's worried that she'll get bad enough that she will have to go to hospital. She's a single parent so she's not sure whats best to do :( I pray she doesn't have it.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
New to this thread, although reading constantly.

This is a bit niche but there may be some fans out there. I have loads of drag shows booked which are likely to be cancelled alongside holidays. The thought of missing all these things makes me feel pretty tit, even though I know it’s for the benefit of everybody that these cannot happen now. However, RPDR queens have come together to do an online drag show fest. You can buy individual tickets, some are ok times for us, some not so much. I’ve just booked a couple to look forward to after what will be a mentally exhausting week. I think it’s a wonderful idea that benefits those queens losing out on money and those of us socially distancing ourselves but getting bored!
Here is the link: https://www.stageit.com/digitaldragfest?page=2

If not allowed... look on Instagram of any big RPDR queens (Alaska, jinkx, dela, Nina west etc) and it’ll be linked 😊

Hope this helps lift someone’s spirits up a little 😊

Just clicked onto Facebook to see some baby gender reveal party photos full of people from today. Honestly 🙃

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.