Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My husband is type 1 diabetic - we have both been at home all week (he just came back from Cheltenham).
He hasn’t seen his kids since last week or his Mum. Unsure as to when that would be OK? Concerned for him passing anything on to his Mum after being at the races, but also now the fact his kids have been at school and going out and about getting bits from the shops this week.... I don’t want them to pass anything on to him. It’s so confusing and hard. I just told him I think he should wait until they’ve been off school / away from people longer and we’ve just had a row because “I don’t understand the importance of him seeing his kids”. Like it hasn’t been tit for me not seeing my grandparents either and having the worry of his health on top of it. It’s all getting a bit much today. I’ve been fine all week, I think I’m going to run myself a bath and have a big cry.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Where are today's numbers for the UK?

Also why are italys numbers so high if they are on lockdown?
That’s the scary thing. I think they were expecting the numbers to come down after about 14 days lockdown as that’s the current estimated incubation (or whatever it’s called I’m no scientist lol) but it’s not looking that way at the moment. 😧

• Sad
I always find the gentle truth is the way to go with kids and ask if they have any questions
Thank you x The teacher gave them a book yesterday to keep as a diary ,to record all their thoughts and feelings ..I thought that was a great idea ,don't know if all the schools are doing it though ..

• Heart
I don't understand why the news channels arent playing soundbites from it. It is really sobering and lays it starkly on the line. Yes it's terrifying but sadly it's the only way some morons will take heed.
i think the issue is the people who are worried and taking this seriously are the ones who watch the news and take precautions. The idiots who aren’t, won’t bother watching the news or taking in the information and understanding the severity of this.

Reactions: 7
Is there any answer from anywhere as to why Italy’s lockdown measures don’t seem to be doing much? I know that guy on the LBC said it takes around 10 days for the respiratory stuff to really take hold but surely now they should be starting to drop?

Reactions: 2
I don't understand why the news channels arent playing soundbites from it. It is really sobering and lays it starkly on the line. Yes it's terrifying but sadly it's the only way some morons will take heed.
Esp the bit where he says for every 8 patients they will only have one ventilator. They will have to pick who gets it and let the rest go. Stephen nolan asks does he mean go to another ward and the dr says no, let them go. They wont survive.
Absolutely terrifying

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
We have been social distancing since Wednesday . Have been going in small walks near our quiet lanes . I’m absolutely terrified , I’ve sworn the last 3 days sobbing four times a day. We have three children and im pregnant . My husband still has to work and the only precaution his employer is taking , is them wearing gloves when serving people . I’m a mess about him going to work Monday .

• Sad
Reactions: 7
My husband is type 1 diabetic - we have both been at home all week (he just came back from Cheltenham).
He hasn’t seen his kids since last week or his Mum. Unsure as to when that would be OK? Concerned for him passing anything on to his Mum after being at the races, but also now the fact his kids have been at school and going out and about getting bits from the shops this week.... I don’t want them to pass anything on to him. It’s so confusing and hard. I just told him I think he should wait until they’ve been off school / away from people longer and we’ve just had a row because “I don’t understand the importance of him seeing his kids”. Like it hasn’t been tit for me not seeing my grandparents either. It’s all getting a bit much today. I’ve been fine all week, I think I’m going to run myself a bath and have a big cry.
He is the one who went to Cheltenham FFS. Sending you a hug x

Reactions: 3
I just don't understand some people, my mum wanted to take my 3yo to a busy shopping centre just to look round and looked at me like I was crazy for refusing!! We went for a walk to a local forest there were sooo many people! I find it so hard just staying in not going out atall but maybe we will have to. Or maybe a walk on the streets avoiding people 😭😭 am I being too cautious 🤣🤣
People are scared and trying to "normalise" things by carrying on doing the stuff they do. By refusing, and rightly so, you are forcing them to face this new reality, and they don't like it. You (and others) are doing the right thing by distancing yourself, and god knows how hard that must be for everyone - especially with Mothers Day tomorrow. But cautious is the key word for now......we are saving lives by NOT being with other people. Its harsh, and stark, but its our new reality. Its hard to be apart from our loved ones, but thanks to the devil that is social media, or phones, we aren't abandoning them, but helping them stay alive. :)

I just don't understand some people, my mum wanted to take my 3yo to a busy shopping centre just to look round and looked at me like I was crazy for refusing!! We went for a walk to a local forest there were sooo many people! I find it so hard just staying in not going out atall but maybe we will have to. Or maybe a walk on the streets avoiding people 😭😭 am I being too cautious 🤣🤣
People are scared and trying to "normalise" things by carrying on doing the stuff they do. By refusing, and rightly so, you are forcing them to face this new reality, and they don't like it. You (and others) are doing the right thing by distancing yourself, and god knows how hard that must be for everyone - especially with Mothers Day tomorrow. But cautious is the key word for now......we are saving lives by NOT being with other people. Its harsh, and stark, but its our new reality. Its hard to be apart from our loved ones, but thanks to the devil that is social media, or phones, we aren't abandoning them, but helping them stay alive. :)

My sister is now at home looking after their three young kids who are off school. Her husband said if his work dries up he is going fishing. I think her response had a few f words in there 🤣🤛🏻 X

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I went yesterday and it was packed really struggled to keep away from ppl. Its actually on the news now saying it is rammed today and ppl need to stay away
I go most days down there. Was quiet most this week. Feel quite sad as it my happy place. I enjoy going and switching off for an hour.

Reactions: 1
I’m glad to still be living with my mum and able to spend tomorrow with her. I had a lovely meal booked in our favourite restaurant but now I’m going to improvise and cook myself. Hugs to everyone who isn’t as fortunate and won’t be able to spend tomorrow with their mums xx

Reactions: 10
There are two things that terrify me about this

1. Our world will never be the same again. I know its not outside our own doors, but its a country nearby, that has just experienced more death's than Sept 11th and its not stopping.

2. Both Ireland and the UK have not even touched the peak of this yet.

Please everyone just stay safe, call out dumb f*kers where you see them not adhering to the distancing rules, and check in on people by phone.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
He hasn’t seen his kids since last week or his Mum. Unsure as to when that would be OK? Concerned for him passing anything on to his Mum after being at the races, but also now the fact his kids have been at school and going out and about getting bits from the shops this week.... I don’t want them to pass anything on to him. It’s so confusing and hard. I just told him I think he should wait until they’ve been off school / away from people longer and we’ve just had a row because “I don’t understand the importance of him seeing his kids”. Like it hasn’t been tit for me not seeing my grandparents either. It’s all getting a bit much today. I’ve been fine all week, I think I’m going to run myself a bath and have a big cry.
You do that, and I hope you feel better for it. We are all here for you. x

Reactions: 3
sinusitis is AWFUL, I had that off of a awful flu type illness that everyone has before xmas. I couldn’t taste, smell, eat and I couldn’t walk far without shortness of breath. it was mid December so could have been covid-19 🤷🏻‍♀️ But everyone seemed to have a dodgy flu about then didn’t they?
Anyway, back then my GP gave me antibiotics over the phone and they worked in 2 days, so do give them a bell on Monday! I feel for you, it’s horrid x
I’ve been fine all week, I think I’m going to run myself a bath and have a big cry.
I've had a good cry today ... Just everything felt massive today - (hugs) to you ❤

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.