Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #109

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In one breath we’re being told to get vaccines and boosters and in another there is talk about a lockdown. I’m sorry but if even after having 3 vaccines we still have to lockdown i can’t be doing with it anymore.

Reactions: 32
In one breath we’re being told to get vaccines and boosters and in another there is talk about a lockdown. I’m sorry but if even after having 3 vaccines we still have to lockdown i can’t be doing with it anymore.
Exactly this. And when they announced the new booster rules, millions complied with that aswell and its still NOT enough, no idea what is or will be tbh.

Reactions: 15
This year has been the worst year of my life.. if they put in new restrictions I will crumble! I’ve had the jabs for freedom but like you said it’s not enough.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
This year has been the worst year of my life.. if they put in new restrictions I will crumble! I’ve had the jabs for freedom but like you said it’s not enough.
Easier said than done but just try to focus on the things you can control, rather than bumbling Boris & twitty clan. It helps with anxiety and stress. Choose to feel happiness for things in your life rather than the focus on whatever mess they're creating. It helped me ALOT as I was approaching breakdown life for sure. But I realised nothing I do (clearly lol) changes the outcomes of the government so I make the choice to be happy and grateful for things I do have and can do (and will continue to do, lockdown or not they can piss off if they think I'll comply again 🤣)

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Yes definitely depends on location, me and my sister both had AZ for our first 2, both had our boosters today in different locations. I had Pfizer, she had Moderna.

I had an hr nap this afternoon but feel pretty much OK so far, she said her arm has hurt all day. Will see what tomorrow brings!
Me and my husband both had AZ first. For booster I had Pfizer and he had Moderna. I had a sore to touch arm for a few days. Didn’t hurt to use it, just if I touched it. He had Moderna and felt a bit tired and achy the next day. Nothing else. This was a few weeks ago.

Reactions: 3
Easier said than done but just try to focus on the things you can control, rather than bumbling Boris & twitty clan. It helps with anxiety and stress. Choose to feel happiness for things in your life rather than the focus on whatever mess they're creating. It helped me ALOT as I was approaching breakdown life for sure. But I realised nothing I do (clearly lol) changes the outcomes of the government so I make the choice to be happy and grateful for things I do have and can do (and will continue to do, lockdown or not they can piss off if they think I'll comply again 🤣)
Thank you ❤ My mental health has always been good I’ve been lucky in life. This year though my family and partners family have both had to deal with multiple things that have been so sad and devastating and unfair. All I wanted to do was enjoy the next few weeks with loved ones, whilst being safe and using common sense. If more freedom is taken away I probably will ignore it 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Thank you ❤ My mental health has always been good I’ve been lucky in life. This year though my family and partners family have both had to deal with multiple things that have been so sad and devastating and unfair. All I wanted to do was enjoy the next few weeks with loved ones, whilst being safe and using common sense. If more freedom is taken away I probably will ignore it 😂
Yeah it's not like we are all having raves or gatherings of 100s. The majority just want to be able to do what they want, I.e see family and friends lol I can't imagine many will accept that rule again, I know i won't be. I ignored it back in Feb as I knew my grandad wouldn't be getting out of the hospital again, and I regret nothing lol

We've done what we can. We can't get rid of it. So I'm going to focus on ME lol

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I just don't get the point of this? Do we have evidence that COVID doesn't spread before 8pm hence the cut off?!
I'd heard its because it originated from a bat and bats turn into vampires and vampires prefer the dark and are stronger in the dark than in the daylight....

Don't know if it's related to people's awareness being less the more they have to drink and therefore ignoring social distancing etc (relevant to pubs/restaurants/nightclubs)

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I just don't get the point of this? Do we have evidence that COVID doesn't spread before 8pm hence the cut off?!

In January this year the Quebec government put in place a curfew that was supposed to be for 2 weeks and it ended up lasting for 4 months.

No one allowed out before 5am and after 8pm

It's all BS and achieves nothing, pure theatre.

Fines were handed out to people if they were out and stopped by the police

At first the Premier said that even homeless people had to comply

There was a backlash about that and he allowed them an exemption.

• Sad
  • Wow
Those who make these stupid rules are so out of touch with real life . Are they unaware day drinking is a thing?
I much prefer a day drink, feels like a night out I get to go to bed at at my normal bed time!

Though I'm guessing they assume most people are at work during the day and not out drinking!

Reactions: 8
I much prefer a day drink, feels like a night out I get to go to bed at at my normal bed time!

Though I'm guessing they assume most people are at work during the day and not out drinking!
I’ve got the next two weeks off so pass me the baileys! 😂

• Haha
You are a breath of fresh air, definitely need to remember this

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Maybe we’ll need to brush up on our medical knowledge soon.

Reactions: 1
Family xmas party this afternoon. Can't bloody wait for us all to be together drunk singing Wizzard at 1am in the morning.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Maybe we’ll need to brush up on our medical knowledge soon.
What exactly are they claiming here?

The staff are sick or are isolating because they tested positive?

It's really not clear at all.

They talk about one trust and then expand it to fire and rescue

Most of the article is about predicting how many more will call in sick and tying it all to Omicron. The main focus being redeployment of staff from other services.

“This is being felt not only with the increase in patient attendances (Covid admissions have increased a third over the last week) but also on staff sickness and subsequent absence from work.

We know that the "admissions" numbers are being padded so this is really about staff shortages from what I can determine.

No clear details about why they are so short of staff- are people
supposed to think that they all have Covid.

Just another article to try and spread fear and encourage people to get the booster for a vaccine that didn't appear to offer much protection for all of these workers.

What exactly are they claiming here?

The staff are sick or are isolating because they tested positive?

It's really not clear at all.

They talk about one trust and then expand it to fire and rescue

Most of the article is about predicting how many more will call in sick and tying it all to Omicron. The main focus being redeployment of staff from other services.

“This is being felt not only with the increase in patient attendances (Covid admissions have increased a third over the last week) but also on staff sickness and subsequent absence from work.

We know that the "admissions" numbers are being padded so this is really about staff shortages from what I can determine.

No clear details about why they are so short of staff- are people
supposed to think that they all have Covid.

Just another article to try and spread fear and encourage people to get the booster for a vaccine that didn't appear to offer much protection for all of these workers.
Seems they’re either isolating due to sickness or close contacts maybe their kids have tested pos as there’s hundreds of thousands off school due to covid? It won’t be long till the supermarket’s and other things are impacted with so many pos tests.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
The government can go duck themselves if they think they can now dictate who I can have in my own house

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.