Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #109

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think they'd dare try lock the English down again. There would be crazy protests this time around

Reactions: 8
Oh gosh that sounds really awkward for you. Try not to worry too much! Let them assume all they like it’s really none of their business.

I don’t get why people get so bothered whether others have had a vaccine or not. I mean it’s really no one else’s business.

I’ve never discussed vaccines with anyone at work or even in my friend group until covid. It’s bonkers. Really sad too actually, I had a friend fall out with me because she asked me if I’d got an appointment for my jabs ok and I told her I didn’t and wasn’t planning on and she went batshit crazy about how I was contributing to the spread of covid and how could I sleep at night knowing I could be killing a granny. It stopped and ended there for me I don’t explain myself to anyone and no one should explain themselves to me. Live and let live as my granny always said!
Wow thats pretty sad that its ending friendships however I am sadly not surprised, its a totally personal choice as much as getting a smear test and similar is. My mum has a friend who has been woe vocal about 'the unvaccinated' in a very similar vein to your friend and its so tiresome.

I haven't been vaccinated (against covid) either for a number of reasons, it is solely down to each individual as to whether they get jabbed or not and I respect everyones autonomy and choice to do so. However I have not seen half as much hate coming from those who are not vaxxed towards those that are as much as vice versa. I also feel there is a lot of misinformation surrounding it - my mums friend is adamant that now she's had the vaccine she is bulletproof and doesn't seem to get that she can still carry, transmit and be ill with covid, and that the hope of the vaccine is to reduce severity and in turn reduce hospital admissions and ultimately fatalities. On the few occasions I have been asked if I'm jabbed, I have replied that I have medical reasons not to which is the truth but I really do think that its quite rude in general to go up and ask someone personal health information. No one should have to explain their choices either way to someone else!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
A curfew from Sunday on hospitality. Bars, cinemas and restaurants to close at 8pm every night. Other rules on indoor events too.
I just don't get the point of this? Do we have evidence that COVID doesn't spread before 8pm hence the cut off?!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I just don't get the point of this? Do we have evidence that COVID doesn't spread before 8pm hence the cut off?!
I think it’s something to do with drinking too much and losing your inhibitions - if everywhere closes at 8 then I guess you’re expected to just go home rather than mixing too much

Reactions: 9
I think it’s something to do with drinking too much and losing your inhibitions - if everywhere closes at 8 then I guess you’re expected to just go home rather than mixing too much
Those who make these stupid rules are so out of touch with real life . Are they unaware day drinking is a thing?

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I am genuinely losing track of time. How many waves have we had? And how many lockdowns? Genuinely so saturated with everything now I can’t even remember what we’ve been through! 🤣

I’m pretty sure I contributed to the 2nd wave personally by my use of eat out to help out 😂
I was bloody working - I had a week of annual leave for a holiday first week of September - just as the scheme finished 😩

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Some of these guys have never went day drinking before ... and it shows.

Reactions: 13
2 weeks? We've heard that somewhere before.
Who bets that it will be 2wks, then they'll say schools are the driving force so they'll close, then we'll be blagged off with the whole 2-3wk lag, so better have another 2 weeks.

It's about time that they realised that people are dying and suffering because of these restrictions.
The older people I work with are already worried they'll be stuck in again. They won't make it through another lockdown

I'm assuming Rishi has also found more money to bail out hospitality and the chain that works with them, along with all the other services that won't be able to run

Attachments

Reactions: 6
2 weeks? We've heard that somewhere before.
Who bets that it will be 2wks, then they'll say schools are the driving force so they'll close, then we'll be blagged off with the whole 2-3wk lag, so better have another 2 weeks.

It's about time that they realised that people are dying and suffering because of these restrictions.
The older people I work with are already worried they'll be stuck in again. They won't make it through another lockdown

I'm assuming Rishi has also found more money to bail out hospitality and the chain that works with them, along with all the other services that won't be able to run
The thing is the last lockdown was to get "jabs in arms". Will that be the excuse forever? Millions have complied. Those who do not want the jab will not be forced by neverending lockdown threats, seems the govt want everyone to turn on the unvaccinated to "make them get it". Nobody should be forced.

I got mine for "freedom". Now I feel like why bother. Doesn't meant freedom at all. Changes absolutely nothing when the rules change every 30 seconds....for a cold 😫

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.