Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #109

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I still stand by the fact my GP surgeries have never been as quiet, I'm talking 1-2 people everytime you go at best. It's actually been paradise in that respect! I know that won't be everyone's experience but it is at least the case for everyone I know. I mean don't get me wrong, I'm sure they've had a tit ton of phone calls, but it's not the truth that there is simply no GPs in the surgeries.
I completed an online consultation at about 9pm last night - my gp called at 7am this morning and offered me an appointment for 9am where there was only one other waiting. The doctor said it’s so much better because they can get people that need to be seen in ASAP.

Reactions: 8
What has everyone been like that has had 2 pfizer and then a pfizer booster? Got mine tomorrow and really don't want to be ill πŸ™„
i was fine! I was nauseous after first Pfizer and then shivery, had a temp and was exhausted, fell asleep and has the deepest sleep I have had in a very long time but woke up next day and felt much better- just bad head and tired.
Second dose was much milder but similar reaction to first - except I didn’t need a nap and was fine after an early night.

3rd dose of Pfizer - nothing of note apart from a sore arm.

good luck!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Tonight was lovely. There was a 90 year old woman who got up dancing to the abba tribute and didn't give a F and everyone cheered her. Living her goddam life and not hiding away ❀

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Would anybody stop taking tests just in case it ruins their Christmas plans??? I work with older people so I've no choice - daily tests. But feel some people would take the risk.

Reactions: 8
Whose going to want to sit outside in that weather :rolleyes:

Would anybody stop taking tests just in case it ruins their Christmas plans??? I work with older people so I've no choice - daily tests. But feel some people would take the risk.
They're calling for PCR tests to be scrapped as the virus is moving too quick

Reactions: 6
No photos on the UK NHS covid pass (well not on the "domestic" non-travel one anyway), just name, date of birth, 30 day expiry date, and a QR code. And the option to add it to the Apple Wallet in an even plainer and more basic form, ripe for screenshotting and sharing. Maybe the idea is you are supposed to show photo ID alongside it, I don't know, nor do I know what info is in the QR code or what equipment venues are supposed to have to scan that QR code. But anyway all they did at Winter Wonderland was glance at the phone screen and wave us in.

When I worked for a supermarket I had a discount card I could store on my phone and even that was more secure just by having the date/time on the "card" and a little animated logo in one corner that was constantly changing colour thus showing in an instant that it was not a screen shot.

Just seems like lunacy, the NHS has thrown millions if not billions into this covid pass and the related procedures and you can just bypass the whole thing by screenshotting and sharing.
I've just got back from the O2 I'm London(to see Gary Barlow) and they kept telling us to have our COVID pass ready, they literally just glanced at them and waved us through, on the queue next to us the chap was just looking letting people through without looking at everyones passes, just letting quite a few people through then looking at a couple of phones, then letting a lot more through unchecked. Gary Barlow was brilliant and I'm not a fan, my daughter is πŸ˜•

Reactions: 5
Other half had 2 AZ and had Moderna for Booster, think it depends on what the location have on the day as it was same location that I had 3 pfizer
Yes definitely depends on location, me and my sister both had AZ for our first 2, both had our boosters today in different locations. I had Pfizer, she had Moderna.

I had an hr nap this afternoon but feel pretty much OK so far, she said her arm has hurt all day. Will see what tomorrow brings!

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.