Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #109

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Boris is probably gonna lock us down soon to distract from his embarrassing by-election failure.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Wouldn’t you know they’d be extra security on ours 😂
I don't know how secure it is tbh - had to show it the cinema the other day. The fella glanced at it and waved me on. Pretty sure as long as it looked a bit like me I was good to go!

Reactions: 2
I don't know how secure it is tbh - had to show it the cinema the other day. The fella glanced at it and waved me on. Pretty sure as long as it looked a bit like me I was good to go!
The young fellas mightn't bother so much but you'll always find a " jobsworth" wherever you go :rolleyes:

Reactions: 4
I haven’t applied for one but ours are photographic I think? View attachment 928836
No photos on the UK NHS covid pass (well not on the "domestic" non-travel one anyway), just name, date of birth, 30 day expiry date, and a QR code. And the option to add it to the Apple Wallet in an even plainer and more basic form, ripe for screenshotting and sharing. Maybe the idea is you are supposed to show photo ID alongside it, I don't know, nor do I know what info is in the QR code or what equipment venues are supposed to have to scan that QR code. But anyway all they did at Winter Wonderland was glance at the phone screen and wave us in.

When I worked for a supermarket I had a discount card I could store on my phone and even that was more secure just by having the date/time on the "card" and a little animated logo in one corner that was constantly changing colour thus showing in an instant that it was not a screen shot.

Just seems like lunacy, the NHS has thrown millions if not billions into this covid pass and the related procedures and you can just bypass the whole thing by screenshotting and sharing.

Reactions: 14
No photos on the UK NHS covid pass (well not on the "domestic" non-travel one anyway), just name, date of birth, 30 day expiry date, and a QR code. And the option to add it to the Apple Wallet in an even plainer and more basic form, ripe for screenshotting and sharing. Maybe the idea is you are supposed to show photo ID alongside it, I don't know, nor do I know what info is in the QR code or what equipment venues are supposed to have to scan that QR code. But anyway all they did at Winter Wonderland was glance at the phone screen and wave us in.

When I worked for a supermarket I had a discount card I could store on my phone and even that was more secure just by having the date/time on the "card" and a little animated logo in one corner that was constantly changing colour thus showing in an instant that it was not a screen shot.

Just seems like lunacy, the NHS has thrown millions if not billions into this covid pass and the related procedures and you can just bypass the whole thing by screenshotting and sharing.
Look at the lunacy that is track n trace constantly throwing good money after bad Kev.

Reactions: 5

Even better you can download a pdf version to print off.

I downloaded mine last week incase they asked for it at my Xmas party on Friday to save my phone battery on the night.

It means I'm currently positive for covid but have a bit of paper that says I'm safe to get into venues until 12th January when it expires...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I've had one experience of showing the covid pass and this was at a gig in September. The app crashed so all I could do was show them the text I got saying negative lft. But I could of shown them anything and they'd have waved me through.

Went to Twickenham for 3 weeks running and not once did I get asked for it. My parents did once and they said yeah sure let us get them up and the guy said no I don't want to see them I just have to ask.

I don't agree with vaccine/covid passes at all for many reasons but the whole system is open to abuse (fair play cos they're a bleeping stupid idea) and as above in practise doesn't actually work.

Reactions: 7
Mentally I’ve definitely gone backwards to March 2020.

back then I’d worry continuously over restrictions, listen to the updates, read every news article going, obsess over everything. I’d stopped that when things felt more normal and now I’m back to it again and can’t stop myself

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

back then I’d worry continuously over restrictions, listen to the updates, read every news article going, obsess over everything. I’d stopped that when things felt more normal and now I’m back to it again and can’t stop myself
Same, really struggling with it all.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Email from kids school asking if we need laptops for home learning 🤬
I can’t be sure because I’m in Scotland but Im a teacher and I know that here even if the schools were closing after Christmas holidays teachers wouldn’t know about it yet. We’d likely find out same time as everyone else. It’s probably getting prepared just in case or in case they have high numbers of staff absences rather than because they know they’ll be off.

Reactions: 9
I can’t be sure because I’m in Scotland but Im a teacher and I know that here even if the schools were closing after Christmas holidays teachers wouldn’t know about it yet. We’d likely find out same time as everyone else. It’s probably getting prepared just in case or in case they have high numbers of staff absences rather than because they know they’ll be off.
Yeah I'm hoping it's just precautionary.

Reactions: 9
My friend was just telling me she took her eldest to school this morning and they were all waiting outside longer than is normal and then said they are testing all the children in the playground. We have freezing fog here so she took him back home. This is a school for autistic children. I am really shocked and sadden that they are doing this to children.

• Sad
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
last day of school here and most of the classes were off due to cases. My year 1 and year 6 kids were off so my year 4 boy was in a foul mood because of the change of routine and not having his siblings in school. His class was half empty too. I didnt see much point in the school being open today really, it was deserted.
We've had the childrens SeeSaw logins handed out for home learning already, we've had classes closed at 8:20am when school opens 8:45am. Its been a nightmare this term, especially for my 2 that have additional needs. The uncertainty is horrible

• Sad
Reactions: 7

There's this program called Coldturkey you can download onto your PC or laptop that will block any website for a set amount of time.

Reactions: 2
I am shattered, I am 7 months pregnant with our second child, fatigued from working allllll the way through the pandemic (both key workers, my lockdown highlight was our nursery staying closed even to key workers due to staffing issues but being expected to juggle my job as a social worker with an 18 month old toddler!!!) i am desperate just for a ‘break’ - my son (now 3) was due to stay with my mother in law this weekend so that my husband and I could have a weekend just us to do some wrapping, housework and maybe a meal out for the first (and last!!!) time in years, but have now cancelled due to covid cases rising and the risks in 3rd trimester. We are meeting MIL in a park instead to exhange gifts. It’ll be nice…But it’s no kid free roast dinner in a nice pub that doesn’t have chicken nuggets on the menu 😂

I just need a bit to time to myself - I have had no social life since this started. Part of me is dreading maternity leave now - with my son I had PTSD and anxiety afterwards and became a bit of a hermit. My resolution this baby was to get out, not cancel those coffee dates, not put too much pressure on myself to do baby groups etc but do things for me to look after myself as well as baby. Now I feel like I’ll end up being petrified of bringing the virus home to a small baby 😩

part of me very fed up of the restrictions and inconsistent nonsense messaging from the government…and envious of friends I’ve drifted apart from who are carrying on as normal now and I find myself wanting to do the same. But then I feel fearful I will end up being one of those (or a member of my family will) who I’ve seen contrwct the virus and become seriously unwell/chronically unwell with long term complications.

feelingsorry for myself today!

trying to do some housework with 3yo ‘helping’ but it takes ten times as long and my back is killing!!!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
I can’t sleep because I’m so so so scared of being locked in Wales again, whilst my boyfriend and friends are all out living their lives across the border
Please don’t worry, my parents live in Wales and I/they made multiple trips in and out throughout last/ earlier this year via car and train, there was no checkpoint nonsense etc… ♥ Stop watching the news and reading online media, the fear propaganda really is toxic! 👌🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I can’t sleep because I’m so so so scared of being locked in Wales again, whilst my boyfriend and friends are all out living their lives across the border
They can shut down what they want but they will categorically never be able to stop people seeing loved ones. Even during the absolute height of lockdown here in wales when we couldn’t even buy a bleeping duvet set in Asda I still managed to travel to see my friends in England on a regular basis, what can they do? They can’t stop every single car. Please try not to worry.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.