Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #109

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cases DO NOT matter. Hospital admissions and deaths do. South Africa are literally saying it’s highly contagious but a cold so why are we all getting in such a flap about everything. Equally every man and their bleeping dog is testing almost daily it feels at this point so of course we’ve got more cases than ever!!!!!!
Well that’s what I’m saying two weeks from now we’ll see these number reflected in admissions and we’ll know for sure.SA are seeing a rise in admissions btw.

Reactions: 4
You keep mentioning all these crazy case counts like all of those people are in hospital. Counts really mean duck all if they aren't, which they very clearly aren't. We shouldn't care if 10,000 or 5 million people have Omicron if they all have a case of Mr Sniffles.
No I’m saying we’lll see how healthcare copes and we’ll know for sure then how bad it is they’ll be no more speculation it will be in front of us.

Reactions: 4
Well that’s what I’m saying two weeks from now we’ll see these number reflected in admissions and we’ll know for sure.SA are seeing a rise in admissions btw.
And are who are these admissions in SA? Are they vaccinated? Do they have conditions or other things which means if they got flu or a bad cold for example they’d be hospitalised and potentially die?

Reactions: 5
No I’m saying we’lll see how healthcare copes and we’ll know for sure then how bad it is they’ll be no more speculation it will be in front of us.
We won't though. Because all they have to say is oooooooohhhhhh look at all the cases! The NHS is crippled! and that's it, restrictions.

They never *actually* tell us how healthcares coping, because the truth doesn't hurt and instill compliance.

Reactions: 14
The absolute worst thing is the irritated throat and constant need to cough - keep waking up in a coughing fit or with gagging/choking feelings - deeply unpleasant and means I’ve slept terribly all week. Has anyone else experienced anything like that, in COVID or other bugs? Cant wait for that symptom to go.
I currently have covid and this is my most irritating symptom. Its made worse by me breathing through my mouth and making it drier.

Bit of night nurse has made last 2 nights a much better sleep

Reactions: 3
We won't though. Because all they have to say is oooooooohhhhhh look at all the cases! The NHS is crippled! and that's it, restrictions.

They never *actually* tell us how healthcares coping, because the truth doesn't hurt and instill compliance.
If cases like that turn into hospital admissions you’ll see them spilling out the door your talking an Italian situation in that instance .

If they made people pay for them then there'd be a lot fewer. I definitely agree people are testing far too much. Any little sign of them feeling a bit different and they're off for one.

Reactions: 15
It sounds like some people are already restricting themselves. I think that’s partly down to CW running his mouth because Boris wanted us to continue using hospitality and rightly so. The amount of cancellations they’ve had must be crippling.

Reactions: 3
And are who are these admissions in SA? Are they vaccinated? Do they have conditions or other things which means if they got flu or a bad cold for example they’d be hospitalised and potentially die?
Well I wouldn’t know that only that they’re on a steep trajectory going by their data
470D25BD-6C5C-4C07-A87A-80C63F8BAEBC.jpeg

If cases like that turn into hospital admissions you’ll see them spilling out the door your talking an Italian situation in that instance .
You are missing my point. What I'm saying is, buying into the hype of the huge case count everyday is pointless, because it doesn't equate to knowing the 'truth' about how the NHS is coping. The reality is, if the NHS was as crippled as they say it is and deaths were going to reach as high as they claim, you wouldn't need to worry about lockdowns or boosters, because they'd all duck off to their bunkers and leave us dead in the water.

Counts mean nothing more than overzealous testing to keep fear brewing. If we started doing the same for the cold and the flu, half the world would have it.

Reactions: 12
You are missing my point. What I'm saying is, buying into the hype of the huge case count everyday is pointless, because it doesn't equate to knowing the 'truth' about how the NHS is coping. The reality is, if the NHS was as crippled as they say it is and deaths were going to reach as high as they claim, you wouldn't need to worry about lockdowns or boosters, because they'd all duck off to their bunkers and leave us dead in the water.

Counts mean nothing more than overzealous testing to keep fear brewing. If we started doing the same for the cold and the flu, half the world would have it.
Like I say the proof will be in pudding shortly! These are the highest reported cases yet and if they’re able to cope with them it will be tickety boo going forward

I don't know how Johnson will manage to stay PM after the last leaking. Seems to me he has lost all the support he had and they want him out because it seems very suspicious all those revelations just right now.

I currently have covid and this is my most irritating symptom. Its made worse by me breathing through my mouth and making it drier.

Bit of night nurse has made last 2 nights a much better sleep
Thanks for the reply, yes that’s exactly it, can’t breathe through nose as bunged up but breathing through mouth exacerbates the cough. Unfortunately I have no night nurse in but have been making do with medicinal whisky 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Like I say the proof will be in pudding shortly! These are the highest reported cases yet and if they’re able to cope with them it will be tickety boo going forward
I don't know how you can honestly think that after 2 years of this. Even if admissions go up, it means very little saying as they don't even differentiate from OF Covid and WITH Covid. Obviously counts are going to up when we insist on testing Aunt Sally with her broken ankle. At this point, the only "proof" would be deaths OF Omicron spiralling beyond comprehension, which hasn't happened anywhere in the world despite it having been many weeks now. I'm not sure what magic doom data you are waiting on.

Stupid question but... How do we go from "there are no tests available anywhere" and people panicking, to 1.6million tests in a day?!

Reactions: 23
Stupid question but... How do we go from "there are no tests available anywhere" and people panicking, to 1.6million tests in a day?!
There are no PCR centres with appointments near me. Unless I want to drive 20miles (as the crow flies)

All the nearest ones are fully booked

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.