Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #109

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
bleeping swine. The fact that there is anyone left that can't see through this bullshit is absolutely beggars belief.

The government you trust so much is threatening to not treat a child who has been in a car crash. For a virus that has killed less than 1% of the population. If this isn't enough to make you see you have been fooled beyond measure, there is no hope you ever will. Really there isn't.
My First thought was that if the uk improved it's child car seat safety advice / regulations ( similar to the Swedish regulations) there would be fewer children injured in car crashes but that's me going off on a bit of a tangent.

Reactions: 9
No one is listening anymore, even my pro-independence friends aren’t listening to her ‘advice’.
We’re having a Hogmanay party with at least 15 people from well over 3 households, how do you like that Sturgeon 😉
She'll be livid you'll all be having a great time 🥳😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I hear you don’t want to get on the wrong side of anyone, but safeguarding children is everyone’s responsibility. You can call anonymously and report your concerns. Please, please for the sake of those poor children let professionals know; social services, your local authority, the police, NSPCC, they will all be able to handle your concerns sensitively and make sure those children are ok. Disabled children are statistically more likely to be abused and I am concerned with what I’ve read.
No one will know. You can contact your local MASH team anonymously, or Google your towns safeguarding number/email do do the same.
If you know their school you can also contact them on one off email address that doesn't give clue to who you are - if you tell them that you've contacted MASH that will really help their case too because repeated concerns will be prioritised.
You could also use that email address to contact the police on 101, but would understand why you wouldn't want to do that.
Even if they suspect you they can't prove it, and I think that of God forbid anything happens to the children you'd feel awful having done nothing.
If they give you grief then thats a direct call/email to 101.
I wouldn't let the bastards win. Goes ups can take tit, kids can't.
The government are doing a tit job at safeguarding children, so it's up to us to do it while they force kids to live with abusive parents because of needless lockdowns

I have suggested we contact someone, but my mum’s too worried about getting on the wrong side of the parents 😓

Sorry to derail the thread, but we’ve had to move into my dads because we were getting verbal abuse off our next door neighbour, so we don’t want to get on the wrong side of anyone else

I feel sorry for the kids (one of them is disabled), and she screams and screams and screams to the point where the parents are shouting “SHUT THE duck UP”. It’s such a toxic environment and we have no idea what to do
Quoted the wrong person sorry. The above message was for you.. it's been a long day 🤦🏼‍♀️

bleeping swine. The fact that there is anyone left that can't see through this bullshit is absolutely beggars belief.

The government you trust so much is threatening to not treat a child who has been in a car crash. For a virus that has killed less than 1% of the population. If this isn't enough to make you see you have been fooled beyond measure, there is no hope you ever will. Really there isn't.
It's not even 1%. Since March 20 less than 0.25% of the population have died with Covid. With not of.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
And I'm one of them. PCR came back positive

Still only got mild cold symptoms
Hopefully that's all you'll get ,any wonder there's no tests left with that sort of demand.

Reactions: 8
I've received a text from my gp partnership asking me to reply if I want to be given an appointment by them or if I have already made one elsewhere.

I'm not sure what I think about the booster situation, it's less than 5 months since my second jab. I certainly don't want to be travelling miles just to get one , I'll see if there's local appointments .

Reactions: 1
Javid says, if the NHS is overwhelmed because of Omicron, hospitals might not be able to treat all patients in need. For example, they might have to take difficult decisions, affecting perhaps a child who has been in a car crash. Would they get treatment?

He says some MPs might think this is just a “hypothetical” risk, “but it’s not”.

Using an example of a child in a car crash not getting treatment to stoke the fear.
I don't normally listen to radio now, mostly podcast but on talk radio this morning alone was 2 phone in saying they had to stay a few nights in hospital and it was empty, nurses sitting around drinking coffee and another said A and E was empty both times they went with a repeat message on a speaker saying we may not look busy right now but we are 🤔🤷‍♀️
It's so blatent now, propaganda and lies upon lies.

Reactions: 17
Unfortunately I belong to a UK online BC support group and am seeing this nearly every day.
It's simply a lack of bed. The surgeon told him he would be next this morning, but it's the lack of bed that's the issue. He'd been waiting there for 8 hours with no food or drink (he couldn't eat or drink due to going in for surgery) and then at the end he was given food and drink when they told him he would have to return home. It's just maddening this happens simply for lack of beds. He said the staff were brilliant though, including the nurses.

• Sad
Thank goodness this isn't the black death. We have far more ways to protect ourselves these days, yet our freedoms are far less. Make it make sense.
During the black death one of the ways to stop the spread was sealing the doors of the sick people and put a mark on their door - nobody was allowed to come in. It was either you survive either you die.

Plus when 30% of a town/village was dying of the plague, I am not sure freedom was the most important concern (like if as a farmer etc. you had any anyway!) but how to survive with the loss of all of those people and how long you will have before the next bout of the death plague/other diseases.

That made people even more religious as there was no way to understand what was happening so that could only be a divine punishment and it's quite fascinating to look at those very dark paintings from those periods with utterly sinistee scenes of the apocalypse/the purgatory.

Things suck at the moment but I would rather live nowadays than during of any of those pandemics during the middle ages! Today the plague can be cured with antibiotics, same as leprosis thanks god.

Someone I know got pinged as a contact last night and as shes double jabbed only had to isolate until midnight when the rules changed 🙄. Her PCR is negative but make it make sense 😂

• Haha
It's simply a lack of bed. The surgeon told him he would be next this morning, but it's the lack of bed that's the issue. He'd been waiting there for 8 hours with no food or drink (he couldn't eat or drink due to going in for surgery) and then at the end he was given food and drink when they told him he would have to return home. It's just maddening this happens simply for lack of beds. He said the staff were brilliant though, including the nurses.
I had to wait over 7 hours each time for two surgeries and that was before this mess even started. Hope he gets another slot ASAP!

Reactions: 4
How the hell has the red countries list been scraped and quarantine is no more on arrival into the UK. Is it because they need these hotel beds for the people that Government have said they will discharge because they don’t need to be in hospital. The proverbial box of frogs are running our country. They are laughing their arses off at us over their cheddar and jacobs crackers.

Reactions: 11
How the hell has the red countries list been scraped and quarantine is no more on arrival into the UK. Is it because they need these hotel beds for the people that Government have said they will discharge because they don’t need to be in hospital. The proverbial box of frogs are running our country. They are laughing their arses off at us over their cheddar and jacobs crackers.
I assumed it’s because they probably suspect omicron came from the uk but they don’t want to admit it 🤣

• Haha
Travel quarantine is useless once a variant is spreading through the community

Reactions: 13
Apparently there's been 1.3 million tests done today.

Even at the cheapest £26 pound per test that's over 26.5 million pounds!
It can cost up to £43 pound depending on where its sent though.

If they're sequencing at the cheapest cost of £19 per test then that's 36.4 Million!
It can go up to £69, again depending on who they use

That's just what one day has cost! 😱

• Wow
Apparently there's been 1.3 million tests done today.

Even at the cheapest £26 pound per test that's over 26.5 million pounds!
It can cost up to £43 pound depending on where its sent though.

If they're sequencing at the cheapest cost of £19 per test then that's 36.4 Million!
It can go up to £69, again depending on who they use

That's just what one day has cost! 😱

Just imagine if they had used the untold billions spent so far to improve the NHS

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.