Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #108

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My boys are privately educated so not sure if it makes a difference but their school said to me last week theyā€™ve no reason they would envisage closing in the near future as they donā€™t have any staff off or kids off with covid so it makes no sense (for us). Our school is tiny compared to most which Iā€™m assuming helps control it but itā€™s ridiculous itā€™s even a thought to close the schools again.

When schools were forced to close last time we were allowed to keep sending our kids as my husbands a ā€œkey workerā€ I thought itā€™s a bit rich of a term to use to describe any workforce, I mean everyoneā€™s work is essential to them. We all rely on our jobs and businesses to keep our lives ticking. This past 5 days for me has been mental torture, if I was sick it would probably pass much easier because Iā€™d rest but I just feel so irritable and caged!!

Reactions: 6
Iā€™ve got a birthday party booked for the beginning of Jan for my eldest šŸ˜•

Does public health report norovirus and colds nationally? Everyone I know has had norovirus in the past month and half our school was off sick. Nothing reported or said?
Donā€™t know about now but previously our school has closed for deep cleaning when we hit a certain percentage of noro virus cases.

Reactions: 1
My kids have been thriving at school this year, the routine has done them wonders. They have made so much progress both educationally and socially. Being around their friends and being taught in person has made such a difference and they seem much happier in themselves. Home learning via teams and Google classroom doesnā€™t compare. Households with more than one child donā€™t always have the equipment to home educate efficiently. Iā€™ll be so angry if schools are made to close again, there is no good reason for it. All this disruption to their education isnā€™t right.

What are working parents meant to do if schools close? Magic money to pay the bills out of thin air? I also worry for the children whoā€™s home life isnā€™t great and how much they will suffer as a result. Covid isnā€™t the only thing that can potentially kill a person. There seems to be no consideration for mental health or anything apart from bleeping covid. Getting so, so tired of this now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
Push for all 12 year olds and over to be vaccinated and stress how important it is to keep schools open and protect teachers and themselves.

Then close schools. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
It was always blindingly obvious that this would happen. The vaccine doesn't stop transmission, and I don't know why people didn't think of that when the government tried to convince parents that their child should have a vaccine against an illness that they've been told for 2yrs doesn't really affect them when cases between vaccinated people were clearly being reported.

Even if we injected 100% of the world this would all still be happening.
At some point everyone has to realise that we just have to live with this.

Reactions: 15
It was always blindingly obvious that this would happen. The vaccine doesn't stop transmission, and I don't know why people didn't think of that when the government tried to convince parents that their child should have a vaccine against an illness that they've been told for 2yrs doesn't really affect them when cases between vaccinated people were clearly being reported.

Even if we injected 100% of the world this would all still be happening.
At some point everyone has to realise that we just have to live with this.
Because its easier to blame unvaccinated than to admit that they got the vaccine thinking it meant they could go back to life pre covid.

The covid passport comes into effect from the 15th December according to a tweet which was then removed.

Until March, a negative covid test is acceptable if you aren't vaccinated.

I think from March 22nd, unvaccinated wont be allowed to attend concerts, theatres or large scale events or leave the country. Unless they add hospitality to the passport list too, which I wouldn't put past them.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Because its easier to blame unvaccinated than to admit that they got the vaccine thinking it meant they could go back to life pre covid.

The covid passport comes into effect from the 15th December according to a tweet which was then removed.

I think from March 22nd, unvaccinated wont be allowed to attend concerts, theatres or large scale events or leave the country. Unless they add hospitality to the passport list too, which I wouldn't put past them.
The covid pass is already in place where I am (NI). Its required and enforced to eat in restaurants, go to the bar or anywhere that serves alcohol, large venues, theatre, outdoor with so many people even for the Christmas markets. Itā€™s nuts. You can either show negative lft, precious positive or proof of vaccines (at the minute!) the parties seem to be against mandatory vaccination here so far so hopefully it stays that way.

Reactions: 1

I think blaming the parents who sensibly didn't allow their children to be vaccinated will definitely be blamed if school closures happen. It will be said the uptake wasn't high enough which is why its happened, so be sure to get your child vaccinated

I can see passports coming too, again it was obvious from the start.
As soon as the nhs are mandated it can only go that way, or the whole point makes no sense.
Didn't they say they wanted the booster programme to be largely over by February? That gives just enough time for everything to be implemented

• Angry
Reactions: 3
The vaccination team came to my daughters secondary school and did 2 year groups and said sorry weā€™ve ran out of time to do the rest and we wonā€™t be back! Luckily I managed to book hers at a vaccination centre but they donā€™t help things do they? Not all kids will have parents that take them.

• Wow
Reactions: 3

Sorry is this speculation or have you read this somewhere? I'm not reading the news much to protect my mental wellbeing.

I think blaming the parents who sensibly didn't allow their children to be vaccinated will definitely be blamed if school closures happen. It will be said the uptake wasn't high enough which is why its happened, so be sure to get your child vaccinated

I can see passports coming too, again it was obvious from the start.
As soon as the nhs are mandated it can only go that way, or the whole point makes no sense.
Didn't they say they wanted the booster programme to be largely over by February? That gives just enough time for everything to be implemented
That was tweeted, they havent even voted on it yet and the tweet got removed.

It's very much been planned out.

I'm not vaccinated. I wear a mask, i wash my hands and I test twice a week for work.

All those I know that are vaccinated do none of the above and they are spreading it rapidly between themselves.

Woman at work, no smell or taste, sore throat, aching all over tired. Doesnt need to test as she's been vaccinated twice as has.all her household therefore couldn't possibly be covid. We have staff members off who've been close contact with each other and spread covid amongst themselves. None of them test or wear masks.

But yep, I'm the problem

Sorry is this speculation or have you read this somewhere? I'm not reading the news much to protect my mental wellbeing.
That was tweeted then removed. Passports in effect from 15th but hasnt been voted on yet.

The rest is guesswork given their limited options. Though this time last year I was shot down for saying covid passports would be introduced and told several times to take myself to the conspiracy theory thread!

Attachments

Reactions: 7

I'm not vaccinated. I wear a mask, i wash my hands and I test twice a week for work.

All those I know that are vaccinated do none of the above and they are spreading it rapidly between themselves.

Woman at work, no smell or taste, sore throat, aching all over tired. Doesnt need to test as she's been vaccinated twice as has.all her household therefore couldn't possibly be covid. We have staff members off who've been close contact with each other and spread covid amongst themselves. None of them test or wear masks.

But yep, I'm the problem

That was tweeted then removed. Passports in effect from 15th but hasnt been voted on yet.

The rest is guesswork given their limited options. Though this time last year I was shot down for saying covid passports would be introduced and told several times to take myself to the conspiracy theory thread!

So this is the passport that was already announced a few days ago

Is it just the start date that's new here?

But yep, I'm the problem

They know damn well it will go through thanks to Starmer.
All they're going to do is segregate people and not help control the virus at all - they control people, but not covid.
Laughably MP's won't even have to show their passports to get into Parliament, diplomats are exempt too!

Even though its all plain to see now the conspiracy theory card is still thrown about. Maybe it makes them feel better about believing what rubbish they're being told

Reactions: 10

But yep, I'm the problem

You are supposed to test if you have symptoms regardless of vacc status .

In Scotland this weekend I have seen stands with people giving out boxes of LFTs twice - in a shopping centre and in IKEA. I was going to order some anyway so picked up a few boxes, they just asked a few questions and handed them over to me!

I feel like it does make sense to make testing more available to everyone but also.. feels a bit weird.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.