Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #108

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Rumours are now swirling and emails going out that suggest the government is anticipating a possible scenario where schools don’t reopen after Christmas. I hope this doesn’t happen again.
I hope not 😫 my eldest working 4 years behind now, school were impressed with her progress over lockdown though 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’ve got covid at the moment. I’m unvaccinated (please don’t hate me it’s my choice) and I’m on day 5 and I’m honestly so bored and can’t wait to isolation ends. Has anyone any tips on things to do to pass the time? I’m isolated in my room trying to keep my 2 boys out (3 and 5 so quite hard) but if anyone has any ideas or suggestions it would be much appreciated. I’m largely asymptomatic so I feel like it’s such a waste laying in bed all day!! I’ve listened to so many podcasts and watched far too much Netflix so anything interesting is a bonus!
I do jigsaws and read.

I take it all Christmas cards and present wrapping are done?

Levels of vitamin D is also related to skin colour

Pale skinned people are more efficient at producing vitamin D in low light conditions

Redheads are especially efficient at this.

I used to regularly check my B12 . I haven't done it for some time but it was always in the normal range

I've been a vegetarian for a long time and have always taken daily B12.
I'm that pale, I'm almost blue but my body doesnt produce or retain Vit D. I went to the Drs a few years with crippling pain in my feet and legs that had been getting worse over the years and the cause was lack of Vit D to the point my bones were beginning to dry out and harden

Rumours are now swirling and emails going out that suggest the government is anticipating a possible scenario where schools don’t reopen after Christmas. I hope this doesn’t happen again.
Our secondary are delaying the start by a week

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Oh no.. Schools closing was always said to be a last resort 😳 Wasn’t all of this supposed to be irreversible anyway but here we go again..

Reactions: 5
They'll do it yearly, imo. Always planned on it.

Destroy things even more. Ruin our kids' future but at this point I doubt they have much of a future.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Anyone here young and immunocompromised? I’m in the severely immunocompromised category due to being on a biologic for Crohn’s disease.

The Omicron variant has tipped my mental health over the edge, the only advice I’ve seen directed towards vulnerable/immunocompromised is that we’re more likely to get severely ill if we catch it even if we’ve had all vaccinations (I’ve had 3) and pretty much telling people to not see vulnerable relatives indoors especially over Christmas so non directly telling us to avoid people..

I’m so fed up, I’m barely leaving the house and am not looking forward to Christmas at all. I wish there was a way of knowing what my risk was compared to someone not immunocompromised my age (I’m 30), in some countries my medication is almost considered a benefit if I caught covid as it prevents the immune system overdrive but in the UK I’m considered CEV and the most at risk.

My illness doesn’t give me any day to day symptoms as it’s under control so pre covid I’d be out partying, going abroad and doing everything anyone my age would be doing. I feel like I’ve been placed into a group which includes really elderly people and where my illness has never held me back it’s now my biggest hinderance. I’ve had enough of being called vulnerable and hate that it’s assumed vulnerable = sick and infirm. I’m in a senior position in my career and before covid know one even knew I had a condition, now I’m constantly reminded that I’m vulnerable or disabled when I would never have considered myself as this. This is also massively effecting my mental health.

I feel like I just need to risk it to improve my mental health but the news and government are constantly freaking me out over what might happen if I caught it.

Sorry for the rant, I’m truly at my wits end, I’ve lost so much of myself and feel like I live to work. What’s the point?
Hi, I’m so sorry you feel like this. I understand. I am in my late 30s and have an autoimmune condition which puts me in the vulnerable category. I am very nervous about getting sick, but that is also in part because I was only diagnosed earlier this year, so it would also be my first time dealing with illness and my condition.

I have decided that I will do whatever makes me feel comfortable and causes me the least stress. For example, I am happy to see my friends and family at home or in their homes, but I’d probably not feel comfortable meeting at a busy indoor venue. I have had a few long weekends off work, and have been Christmas shopping on Mondays, which are quieter. I prefer to drive than take public transport.

this isn’t a forever solution, but it is helping me deal with my anxieties, as well as balance my desire to avoid illness (for me this is of any kind, a cold, flu, or COVID) while not being a recluse at home.

Like you, I have a senior position at work, and I certainly don’t feel frail or disabled! I find it upsetting that I find myself in the vulnerable category...sometimes I feel upset when people say things like it’s only the old people or vulnerable that can get very ill and die. Because that includes me…Ive always lived a healthy lifestyle and my condition is just really bad luck!!

Not really any advice, but sometimes it’s good to know we’re not the only ones…!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Thank you so much for such a lovely message!

Great idea I love colouring and the boys have so many colouring books!! I must download some games I’ve been endlessly scrolling the internet and because I haven’t been doing much all day I feel like I’m not sleeping because I haven’t used my energy as normally I go running or for a swim so I’m not used to being so still for so long lol💕
You are more than welcome, hope you find some fun, entertaining things to do while you recover 😊

Reactions: 4
Schools cannot close again. This shouldn't be allowed to happen. Our children have suffered enough. I don't think my two will cope if they have to homeschool again. It wasn't a happy home during that time and we can't go back there. Please make this stop

Reactions: 20
My daughter's secondary school have just emailed to say we are being allocated a laptop for home learning.

I do hope this is a precaution, I will not be homeschooling again!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
My happy, sociable 12 year old was so miserable at home last time, she wouldn’t get out of bed until late afternoon some days and getting her to do work was a struggle. I asked school for help and they didn’t want to know.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
My daughter's secondary school have just emailed to say we are being allocated a laptop for home learning.

I do hope this is a precaution, I will not be homeschooling again!
Oh no ! I put it on the thread a few days ago about getting a message from my sons primary to make sure we'd set up google classroom I thought it was strange then ,what a nightmare if we're back to that again.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Why are we potentially looking at more restrictions when omicron isn't causing any real issues? It makes no sense.
Cases were always going to increase over winter regardless of new variants but hospital admissions are staying stable. Fucked off with it all today.

Reactions: 17
Why are we potentially looking at more restrictions when omicron isn't causing any real issues? It makes no sense.
Cases were always going to increase over winter regardless of new variants but hospital admissions are staying stable. Fucked off with it all today.
Apparently it's the size of the wave that's going to hit they're worried about even if it's mild illness for most if there's x amount infected at the same time the potential is there to completely overwhelm the healthservice especially as 3 vaccines only offer some people 75% protection .

Reactions: 1
Apparently it's the size of the wave that's going to hit they're worried about even if it's mild illness for most if there's x amount infected at the same time the potential is there to completely overwhelm the healthservice especially as 3 vaccines only offer some people 75% protection .
It's just all a load of bullshit now. We need to live alongside it not lockdown at every opportunity

• Heart
Reactions: 21
What are people view on birthday parties being allowed in Jan? We have a booked a hall and entertainment for my 6 year old son and he was going to invite his whole class. I just can’t see it being allowed and will need to start think about sending invites soon. We are in Scotland.

I know not the biggest problem in the world but my 6 year old will be devastated if he doesn’t get his party obviously last year we were in lock down as well. Hate the thought of having to tell him.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Oh no ! I put it on the thread a few days ago about getting a message from my sons primary to make sure we'd set up google classroom I thought it was strange then ,what a nightmare if we're back to that again.
I do think schools are none the wiser and just being prepared. Thats what im telling myself anyway!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
What are people view on birthday parties being allowed in Jan? We have a booked a hall and entertainment for my 6 year old son and he was going to invite his whole class. I just can’t see it being allowed and will need to start think about sending invites soon. We are in Scotland.

I know not the biggest problem in the world but my 6 year old will be devastated if he doesn’t get his party obviously last year we were in lock down as well. Hate the thought of having to tell him.
I’ve got a birthday party booked for the beginning of Jan for my eldest 😕

Does public health report norovirus and colds nationally? Everyone I know has had norovirus in the past month and half our school was off sick. Nothing reported or said?

Reactions: 2
The primary and secondary school by me have been shut to pupils twice this term because of staff being ill - so hopefully all the prep schools are doing now is in case of that happening more often!? It’s not fair for the poor kiddies to shut completely!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.