Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #108

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve got covid at the moment. I’m unvaccinated (please don’t hate me it’s my choice) and I’m on day 5 and I’m honestly so bored and can’t wait to isolation ends. Has anyone any tips on things to do to pass the time? I’m isolated in my room trying to keep my 2 boys out (3 and 5 so quite hard) but if anyone has any ideas or suggestions it would be much appreciated. I’m largely asymptomatic so I feel like it’s such a waste laying in bed all day!! I’ve listened to so many podcasts and watched far too much Netflix so anything interesting is a bonus!
Glad you are doing okay, no hate (another unvaccinated here 👋)
Pinch some of the little ones colouring books if they have any (I love colouring in) I watched re runs of old 80 shows when I had covid... Hart to Hart, The A team, little house on the priare (showing my age here haha)
Do you have a deck of cards?... Download a game to play.... Klondike on Facebook can be addictive blitz bingo, find a good book to read... Amazon do a lot of free ones if you have a amazon fire tablet. Get well soon 👍

Reactions: 7
Glad you are doing okay, no hate (another unvaccinated here 👋)
Pinch some of the little ones colouring books if they have any (I love colouring in) I watched re runs of old 80 shows when I had covid... Hart to Hart, The A team, little house on the priare (showing my age here haha)
Do you have a deck of cards?... Download a game to play.... Klondike on Facebook can be addictive blitz bingo, find a good book to read... Amazon do a lot of free ones if you have a amazon fire tablet. Get well soon 👍
Thank you so much for such a lovely message!

Great idea I love colouring and the boys have so many colouring books!! I must download some games I’ve been endlessly scrolling the internet and because I haven’t been doing much all day I feel like I’m not sleeping because I haven’t used my energy as normally I go running or for a swim so I’m not used to being so still for so long lol💕

Reactions: 1

Good news all around. Remains to be seen if governments will react properly to good news.

Adult coloring books are so much fun! I've got a lot of them. Feel better soon!

Reactions: 11
I’ve got covid at the moment. I’m unvaccinated (please don’t hate me it’s my choice) and I’m on day 5 and I’m honestly so bored and can’t wait to isolation ends. Has anyone any tips on things to do to pass the time? I’m isolated in my room trying to keep my 2 boys out (3 and 5 so quite hard) but if anyone has any ideas or suggestions it would be much appreciated. I’m largely asymptomatic so I feel like it’s such a waste laying in bed all day!! I’ve listened to so many podcasts and watched far too much Netflix so anything interesting is a bonus!
A friend of mine crocheted a beautiful blanket while she was isolating and she was glad that she'd achieved something during the 10 days. Not sure if knitting/crocheting is your thing but it might be something to keep you occupied? Or a chance to learn a new skill if you don't already knit/crochet.

Reactions: 2

Great idea I love colouring and the boys have so many colouring books!! I must download some games I’ve been endlessly scrolling the internet and because I haven’t been doing much all day I feel like I’m not sleeping because I haven’t used my energy as normally I go running or for a swim so I’m not used to being so still for so long lol💕
Not sure if you play Candy Crush but it’s a good way to pass the time 😂

Reactions: 4
Try the antistress games on play.com They are very interesting. My grandchildren have stopped watching certain things in favour of these games.

Reactions: 3
Many triple vaxxed people I know literally refuse to leave the house now because they truly believe they will die. What is the point honestly if you are going to be even more scared of living than before you had any vaccines?
Its like people have forgotten that you can die of other things besides covid. You can dodge covid for the rest of your life but you will still die at some point!

Reactions: 17
Anyone here young and immunocompromised? I’m in the severely immunocompromised category due to being on a biologic for Crohn’s disease.

The Omicron variant has tipped my mental health over the edge, the only advice I’ve seen directed towards vulnerable/immunocompromised is that we’re more likely to get severely ill if we catch it even if we’ve had all vaccinations (I’ve had 3) and pretty much telling people to not see vulnerable relatives indoors especially over Christmas so non directly telling us to avoid people..

I’m so fed up, I’m barely leaving the house and am not looking forward to Christmas at all. I wish there was a way of knowing what my risk was compared to someone not immunocompromised my age (I’m 30), in some countries my medication is almost considered a benefit if I caught covid as it prevents the immune system overdrive but in the UK I’m considered CEV and the most at risk.

My illness doesn’t give me any day to day symptoms as it’s under control so pre covid I’d be out partying, going abroad and doing everything anyone my age would be doing. I feel like I’ve been placed into a group which includes really elderly people and where my illness has never held me back it’s now my biggest hinderance. I’ve had enough of being called vulnerable and hate that it’s assumed vulnerable = sick and infirm. I’m in a senior position in my career and before covid know one even knew I had a condition, now I’m constantly reminded that I’m vulnerable or disabled when I would never have considered myself as this. This is also massively effecting my mental health.

I feel like I just need to risk it to improve my mental health but the news and government are constantly freaking me out over what might happen if I caught it.

Sorry for the rant, I’m truly at my wits end, I’ve lost so much of myself and feel like I live to work. What’s the point?

You are no more at risk than you were before with flu. Staying indoors does no one any favours, to keep healthy you need to be around germs all the time. The worse thing that happened was to lock people away from friends and family. I have seen many people near me go downhill since lockdown. Do what you feel is best for you. Turn the TV off, or at least don't have live TV radio on. there are 1000 and 1000s of Drs with different opinions that you are not being allowed to hear.

Usually, the typical human can make and store enough Vit d through summer to last the winter and can get the shortfall through a balanced diet.

Too much Vit D can be bad for you and give unpleasant side effects which is why there is an RDA if you take a supplement. Too much Vit D can cause a build up of calcium in your blood which can then lead to several other side effects
I have taken 10,000 IU a day for over 20 years now, I take it with K2 to stop the calcium issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Anyone here young and immunocompromised? I’m in the severely immunocompromised category due to being on a biologic for Crohn’s disease.

The Omicron variant has tipped my mental health over the edge, the only advice I’ve seen directed towards vulnerable/immunocompromised is that we’re more likely to get severely ill if we catch it even if we’ve had all vaccinations (I’ve had 3) and pretty much telling people to not see vulnerable relatives indoors especially over Christmas so non directly telling us to avoid people..

I’m so fed up, I’m barely leaving the house and am not looking forward to Christmas at all. I wish there was a way of knowing what my risk was compared to someone not immunocompromised my age (I’m 30), in some countries my medication is almost considered a benefit if I caught covid as it prevents the immune system overdrive but in the UK I’m considered CEV and the most at risk.

My illness doesn’t give me any day to day symptoms as it’s under control so pre covid I’d be out partying, going abroad and doing everything anyone my age would be doing. I feel like I’ve been placed into a group which includes really elderly people and where my illness has never held me back it’s now my biggest hinderance. I’ve had enough of being called vulnerable and hate that it’s assumed vulnerable = sick and infirm. I’m in a senior position in my career and before covid know one even knew I had a condition, now I’m constantly reminded that I’m vulnerable or disabled when I would never have considered myself as this. This is also massively effecting my mental health.

I feel like I just need to risk it to improve my mental health but the news and government are constantly freaking me out over what might happen if I caught it.

Sorry for the rant, I’m truly at my wits end, I’ve lost so much of myself and feel like I live to work. What’s the point?
28 & CEV due to a biologic for psoriasis, so I can relate.
I'm much more relaxed about if I get covid-19 now, which I know isn't helpful to you and how you're feeling.
Personally, I've declined the 3rd jab and I'm going to continue living my life as best I can. I'm prioritising my mental health this time round.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
That’s a great idea I will search YouTube I never even thought I could get those for free! Thanks so much
Have you thought about doing a research project? Find something that interests you and go delving through the internet, it can take you in all directions 😂, also something like ancestry.com is a great way to research your family history and can get extremely addictive .... I found my family had an awful amount of un married mothers in the 1800's... I'm so pleased I was adopted 🤣

• Haha
Bit of advice please! I’m due my booster now , but I must say I’ve heard so many people having rough reactions to it I am a little scared! Anyway, I’m in my first trimester of pregnancy- nearly at the end of it, but still, I’m a little nervous of having it done… anyone else been in the same boat and been fine?

I'm a redhead. I go out in all weathers. I wear sunscreen as redheads are more at risk for skin cancer. Everyone should wear sunscreen though.

The thing is redheads are more efficient at Vitamin D synthesis.

It's a genetic development so they don't need as much sun exposure as others to synthesize the amount of vitamin D needed.

There are quite a few medical and scientific articles online on the subject. It's quite interesting
i was just about to say this as I am one too! I wonder if they’ll do a study on whether the Vit D/lesser symptoms has any correlation to redheads too..

Rick Bhullar’s walking workouts on YouTube are a great way to get steps in when isolating.

Reactions: 3
Thanks for all these great ideas it’ll keep me busy and mentally engaged. The only good thing about getting covid now is I’ll now have a covid pass for 6 months so I can go out for dinner without having to do them lfts 😂 (after isolation ends obvs 🙄)

Bit of advice please! I’m due my booster now , but I must say I’ve heard so many people having rough reactions to it I am a little scared! Anyway, I’m in my first trimester of pregnancy- nearly at the end of it, but still, I’m a little nervous of having it done… anyone else been in the same boat and been fine?
I personally have decided not to be vaccinated while pregnant and I think that it ultimately has to be your choice and what you think it best. You will find strong arguments for and against but only you can be the judge of your own circumstances! Good luck whatever you decide to do. X

Reactions: 8
Im pregnant too and not having the vaccine, but I didn’t want it anyway in honesty. I’ve had a mixed reaction, mainly bad of course but all I can say is trust your own choices either way and don’t let anyone sway you. It is your body and your baby, so whatever you say goes. There will be data to support either way so ultimately, you just have to go with your gut. Hugs for a smooth pregnancy ❤

Reactions: 5
Rumours are now swirling and emails going out that suggest the government is anticipating a possible scenario where schools don’t reopen after Christmas. I hope this doesn’t happen again.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Rumours are now swirling and emails going out that suggest the government is anticipating a possible scenario where schools don’t reopen after Christmas. I hope this doesn’t happen again.
As a teacher, me too. Online learning was horrendous and I worry so much for the students whose home isn't a safe space.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.