Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #108

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My big vaccination centre has had a 3 hour queue for drop in boosters today 😳

• Wow
Reactions: 3
My big vaccination centre has had a 3 hour queue for drop in boosters today 😳
Theirs one at the shopping center we were at today and it was dead! My husband asked about his booster but they were doing over 40s only. They could have just stabbed him, no one else was about. 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Theirs one at the shopping center we were at today and it was dead! My husband asked about his booster but they were doing over 40s only. They could have just stabbed him, no one else was about. 😅
Mines booked in at our local shopping centre. Thought I could get jabbed up then go finish off my shopping

Reactions: 4
I think mine is accepting over 18s and that’s why there was a huge queue.

I only went myself a few weeks ago and it was busy, but I only waited 10 mins!

Last edited:
28 & CEV due to a biologic for psoriasis, so I can relate.
I'm much more relaxed about if I get covid-19 now, which I know isn't helpful to you and how you're feeling.
Personally, I've declined the 3rd jab and I'm going to continue living my life as best I can. I'm prioritising my mental health this time round.
Was lovely to see your comment, I to have psoriasis and in the next few weeks I will be back on immune suppressants as nothing else works any more. It’s scary enough having a dodgy immune system, what biological are you going to be getting? I’ve only ever been offered steroids which I built up immunity to, I’ve got UVB lamp at home due to waiting 2 years 7 months for NHS treatment and 61 weeks at least longer to wait. Methotrexate is all I’m ever offered and it makes me so very sick.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
So this is the passport that was already announced a few days ago

Is it just the start date that's new here?
The decision whether to bring passports in is being voted on tomorrow I think but this tweet was posted last week, the day after Boris announced Parliament would be voting on bringing them in.

In other words, they tweeted passports would be required BEFORE it was actually voted on so they were going ahead regardless

We get between 17 and 18 hours of day light in the uk around the summer solstice, even if we often don't get hot weather. Hot countries get fewer day light hours.
The lifestyle in the UK isn't always best suited to getting the benefits of natural daylight.
I’m confused by the lifestyle thing ? What stops people getting outside ?
I make sure I go outside everyday for at least 30 minutes.

Reactions: 1
I’m confused by the lifestyle thing ? What stops people getting outside ?
I make sure I go outside everyday for at least 30 minutes.
Well, at the moment I leave my house before 7am and walk to work. The sun isn't up yet. Tend to leave work by about 5.30 and walk home. Again, the sun isn't up yet. That's definitely going to have an impact

Reactions: 14
Was lovely to see your comment, I to have psoriasis and in the next few weeks I will be back on immune suppressants as nothing else works any more. It’s scary enough having a dodgy immune system, what biological are you going to be getting? I’ve only ever been offered steroids which I built up immunity to, I’ve got UVB lamp at home due to waiting 2 years 7 months for NHS treatment and 61 weeks at least longer to wait. Methotrexate is all I’m ever offered and it makes me so very sick.
Can I ask in what way Methotrexate makes you sick? My husband is on this for severe eczema and I worry all the time about the effects of the drug.

• Haha
I've had MTX, humira, cyclosporine, and at the moment I'm on stelara

can I ask is it tablets or injections of methotrexate ? Some people feel the injections don’t make them feel as Ill as the tablets.

can I ask is it tablets or injections of methotrexate ? Some people feel the injections don’t make them feel as Ill as the tablets.
It is tablets that I have previously had and would be getting again. I know Bimekizumab is a new psoriasis drug just released to the NHS Uk and I would really like to try this. I find it so hard to get dermatologist appointments on the NHS that I’ve never had any care regimen or long term guidance.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.