Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #107

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is surely bullshit? I have a friend who works in the NHS and literally a week ago I spoke to her and she said they have empty beds they can’t fill because of covid. As in they are on covid wards but they don’t have the patients so they are empty. I’m done with the NHS fearmongering, if they can’t cope with winter pressures it’s funding and bleeping appalling middle management, it is NOT people enjoying their basic human rights after being scared into jab upon jab and mask upon mask and missing out monumental life events.
I think it’s bullshit. Maybe it’s very different depending on area. A friend of mine last week who does some shifts on ICU said it’s a very different place to what it was in January. She said there aren’t many people on ventilators due to covid, most of them being admitted are coming in for another reason and just happen to test positive. We’re also getting a lot more older people in the community who have just been discharged after being admitted for “covid” and then when I ask them about it I find out that it wasn’t due to covid at all… usually UTI or something and they happened to test positive on admission despite having no covid symptoms!

Reactions: 5
A lot of those in hospital will be with hospital acquired Covid. Can’t remember the numbers now, maybe 1/3?

The data is manipulated. Let’s say on the way home I have a car crash. I end up ventilated in icu. I catch Covid in hospital. I am now a Covid icu stat

Reactions: 16
We need to stop with the obsessive testing of people who show no symptoms. I can’t see how it’s in any way necessary and the data is being used against us. If people have covid but generally feel fine, what exactly is the big deal? I have a cold at the minute and have felt rotten all week yet we don’t shut the country down for that.

Reactions: 23
We need to stop with the obsessive testing of people who show no symptoms. I can’t see how it’s in any way necessary and the data is being used against us. If people have covid but generally feel fine, what exactly is the big deal? I have a cold at the minute and have felt rotten all week yet we don’t shut the country down for that.
At best it is being used as research data into viruses.

I'm sure all this testing must be causing health anxiety.

Reactions: 5

Yel

Also really Labour? This is your response...enjoy being the opposition!
I really don't see how anyone could have any confidence they'd do any better. Labour if anything are helping the government at this point.

Reactions: 12
I really don't see how anyone could have any confidence they'd do any better. Labour if anything are helping the government at this point.
I did have a small glimmer of hope they'd realise the effect restrictions had on everything which has just been pissed on.

Reactions: 1

Yel

I did have a small glimmer of hope they'd realise the effect restrictions had on everything which has just been pissed on.
It's just pathetic, they had to toss a coin and go with a hard line response that the government is either doing too little or too much.

If they were a decent opposition they'd offer some support to a cautious approach and scrutinize the finer details. If they did everything labour demands then labour would come back with they're doing too much and it will have disastrous consequences.

Reactions: 6
Bet he was with her the whole time not like all of us who had 2020 babies alone
I don't see Johnson being the kind of partner holding the hand of his pregnant wife at the maternity. We are talking of the guy who said having "buyer's remorse" about his marriage a few weeks ago. He should get a vasectomy at this point - after the birth of his last son he was complaining he was not paid enough as a PM to pay a nanny. He is a disgrace.

Reactions: 10
When’s the next baby Boris due, it can’t be long? Wouldn’t surprise me if she goes into labour so he can conveniently disappear and avoid the flack.
I knew it!! Had the baby this morning, how terribly inconvenient, timings wise 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Boris want’s sterilising. It’s ridiculous how many kids he has fathered at this point. To different women as well. If he was a woman he’d be lynched and told to keep his legs closed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
If Boris was a working class guy on a council estate he'd be called benefits cheat, scum etc.

Cos he's a posh toff in charge of the country he gets applauded.

Such hypocrisy in this country.

Reactions: 20
Raab and Shapps self isolating. I bet they were at the party so needed taken out of circulation for a bit...

Reactions: 12
I don't see Johnson being the kind of partner holding the hand of his pregnant wife at the maternity. We are talking of the guy who said having "buyer's remorse" about his marriage a few weeks ago. He should get a vasectomy at this point - after the birth of his last son he was complaining he was not paid enough as a PM to pay a nanny. He is a disgrace.
Oh no I don't see him as that kind of partner either just the choice would have been there for him not like us

Reactions: 2
Its gotten bad when we are genuinely a bit suspect of the timing of a baby's arrival ...

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.