Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #107

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Last thread here: https://tattle.life/threads/coronavirus-disease-outbreak-covid-19-106.24453/page-50#post-7286999

There's a new variant that is omicron from s Africa. Nicola has put an 8 day lockdown in place (I think?) Spain is not allowing unvaxxed in. Rules for England have updated, back to isolating for 10 days if pinged by track and trace, and back to face masks for public transport, review in 3 weeks. Lots of speculation re a new lockdown in England. Boosters to be 3 months apart instead of 6 months apart.

Reactions: 2
So will everyone need a booster every 3 months or is it only one booster (so far) what in the name of god is going on

• Haha
Reactions: 7
So will everyone need a booster every 3 months or is it only one booster (so far) what in the name of god is going on
The vaccine that was going to end the pandemic buy can't stop you from getting it, passing it on and it'll only last three months if you're lucky. I can only imagine people taking the booster if they bring in covid passports or widespread restrictions on the unvaxxed.

Reactions: 11
The vaccine that was going to end the pandemic buy can't stop you from getting it, passing it on and it'll only last three months if you're lucky. I can only imagine people taking the booster if they bring in covid passports or widespread restrictions on the unvaxxed.
I'm only going to take the booster as I fear 2 jabs won't qualify you as fully jabbed long term.

And I only took the original jabs for travel purposes, not that we have been away yet.

Reactions: 4
I've just seen a post on fb "are your school plays going ahead?" A few have said going ahead but having to show covid passports!! 😳
A local insta-mum/home blogger had a bit of a whinge yesterday about her son’s school cancelling theirs. Only one I’ve heard of round here so far

• Sad
Reactions: 1
So depressing and frustrating reading about the lengths people are going to to not get ill. My son's grandparents (on dads side) have basically missed his entire baby/toddler stage and dont leave the house for anything non essential. All meet ups have been done outside and they haven't held him or cuddled him! .. so scared of dying that they are forgetting to live.

• Sad
Reactions: 47
I hate to sound all conspiracy on this … but is it any coincidence that all we are hearing about now is this AWFUL new variant that so far has only had mild symptoms, and then a similar call to get boosters?? Certainly seems like it’s playing into someone’s hands.

Reactions: 41
I have every intention of booking a trip to London from Glasgow between Christmas and new year. Do I still book or wait ? 😩

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I hate to sound all conspiracy on this … but is it any coincidence that all we are hearing about now is this AWFUL new variant that so far has only had mild symptoms, and then a similar call to get boosters?? Certainly seems like it’s playing into someone’s hands.
What I was thinking too. Doesn’t add up

Are the list of symptoms requiring a test still the usual cough, fever, loss of taste? Have developed what I'm guessing is a head cold but I was around a lot of different people over the weekend.

Reactions: 3
Are the list of symptoms requiring a test still the usual cough, fever, loss of taste? Have developed what I'm guessing is a head cold but I was around a lot of different people over the weekend.
when I had it I had none of the classic symptoms, I had a scratchy throat and bad runny/stuffy nose, so I would take a test to be safe. A PCR test though, lateral flows are completely unreliable

#wearadamnmask is trending and I agree but why do these smug, bossy fuckers have to swear at people over it?

Reactions: 8

This is worth a read about genetics and covid, first time in a while I have seen anything about why certain individuals suffer more than others.
Sad story really. People like Tony Robbins who spread misinformation for the sake of their wallet have really fucked up a lot of lives whilst claiming to be self-help.

Shows how dangerous the virus really can be. It's definitely a risk going unvaccinated when invisible factor like your genes could play a part in how you fight off the virus.

Reactions: 9

This is worth a read about genetics and covid, first time in a while I have seen anything about why certain individuals suffer more than others.
Thanks for posting. I think it's obvious that certain genetic makeups are more susceptible to serious complications but IMO a lot of this reads like a cross between a fairy tale and full blown propaganda. As someone who is unvaccinated,as are my siblings I can't relate to it at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.