Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #107

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does the government think the whole of the UK work in offices..... They are so concerned about the spread of this new variant that they want people to work from home if you can...... Most of us can't fool, I work on a high street in a very busy retail store, mingling amongst thousands and thousands of customers a day.... Am I meant to bring them home and serve them(sounds wrong 😂🤣)
Don't get me wrong I'm not scared of covid or this new variant, I had covid in April was fine, I'm unvaccinated, don't wear a mask and like I already mentioned work amongst many people. This WFH is pointless..... What if a person works in a office so now has to work from home but their partner works in construction or retail and mingles with many then goes home to their partner.... That person WFH has just been exposed to everything their partner was exposed to that day also..... Totally pointless.
Totally agree the safest place for me to be outside of my home is actually the office 😂 but it’s ok going on the Christmas night out with colleagues anyway 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Good news is though contacts of Omicron cases will be told to take daily coronavirus tests instead of having to self-isolate. They will have to quarantine if they test positive, takes away the pingdemic worries.
Depends on employers still , I know my workplace and nhs is still ten day isolation regardless of the variant

Reactions: 2
As has been said on here before. The working from home suits the comfortable Middle Class population whilst lower paid workers will always have to go in. But they are the Tories after all so appealing to their people.

Reactions: 14
I really just want to know who in their right mind was desperate enough to go to Gavin Williamson’s Christmas party when they could have faked covid instead.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
As has been said on here before. The working from home suits the comfortable Middle Class population whilst lower paid workers will always have to go in. But they are the Tories after all so appealing to their people.
The whole “working from home” (aka only if you work in an office) definitely screams “f* the working class” to me 😃👍

I am neither middle class or a Tory voter but I love WFH. Saving £5k a year and the benefits of being at home far outweighs that of being in the office for me.

Reactions: 17
Facebook invite to the 2021 Christmas Eve rave at 10 Downing St ... 133,000 accepted so far :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
I am neither middle class or a Tory voter but I love WFH. Saving £5k a year and the benefits of being at home far outweighs that of being in the office for me.
I meant in terms of having the choice.

Reactions: 5
What’s going to happen to those Pret workers, taxi drivers etc? No furlough to protect them this time

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Yel

What’s going to happen to those Pret workers, taxi drivers etc? No furlough to protect them this time
Are vacancies still at an all time high? I know they were a few months ago. Not that it's always easy to transfer to a new job.

I'd imagine the travel changes that put people off from going abroad will probably have more of a wider knock on affect than today's call to work from home if possible.

Something was very amiss when companies were desperate for workers but people were paid by tax payers to not work.

Reactions: 6
I totally understand this, WFH does look very appealing. But the point is many if not the majority of jobs can’t be done from home.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.