Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #107

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry but I don’t believe you.
This is surely bullshit? I have a friend who works in the NHS and literally a week ago I spoke to her and she said they have empty beds they can’t fill because of covid. As in they are on covid wards but they don’t have the patients so they are empty. I’m done with the NHS fearmongering, if they can’t cope with winter pressures it’s funding and bleeping appalling middle management, it is NOT people enjoying their basic human rights after being scared into jab upon jab and mask upon mask and missing out monumental life events.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Wonder if Allegra will attend this year’s Christmas party, gutted for her to miss out on secret Santa if she’s already got her own gift ready,
wonder who’s name she pulled out of the poison chalice.
although watching her attempt to answer those fake questions she should have gone last December.
wine and cheese is so very 2017.
Everyone knows it was all about the charcuterie board in 2020/2021

I proud to be a Brit just because of all the memes we can make.
Much better answer than 12 months ago when it would have been the AZ vaccine 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 6
This is surely bullshit? I have a friend who works in the NHS and literally a week ago I spoke to her and she said they have empty beds they can’t fill because of covid. As in they are on covid wards but they don’t have the patients so they are empty. I’m done with the NHS fearmongering, if they can’t cope with winter pressures it’s funding and bleeping appalling middle management, it is NOT people enjoying their basic human rights after being scared into jab upon jab and mask upon mask and missing out monumental life events.
Same as what my cousin told me last we talked (he is in London and a dr) when I asked because I'd cancelled my trip (we share a birthday and were all going to go out to dinner when I was visiting). It is similar here in the US - they have massive Covid wards but it's not busy and a lot of staff got fired because of vaccine mandates, compounding a real problem THEY created. I wouldn't be shocked if this was how it was all over the Western world. They made a problem far, far, far worse with their inhumane meddling.

Reactions: 7
My work Christmas do supposed to be Friday night has been cancelled tonight… fuming already done the first coat of fake tan! Why can’t we just make sure everyone shows a negative lat flow test!? What was the bleeping point of being vaccinated!?!?

Reactions: 21
My work Christmas do supposed to be Friday night has been cancelled tonight… fuming already done the first coat of fake tan! Why can’t we just make sure everyone shows a negative lat flow test!? What was the bleeping point of being vaccinated!?!?
No one really knows the point anymore. They’ve been misold as a ticket to freedom under the guise of protecting granny to it may or may not reduce transmission, it may or may not be effective against future variants but you should get boosted anyway for… um…. The prevention of… a full lockdown! That’s it. All about control.

Reactions: 18
As has been said on here before. The working from home suits the comfortable Middle Class population whilst lower paid workers will always have to go in. But they are the Tories after all so appealing to their people.
I only did it for a few weeks and absolutely hated it, it totally messed my MH up. Then schools opened up more and I went back in. I've moved jobs since then (still in education) So I'm glad I'm in a job that can't WFH.

Often the postives are shared but not the negatives.

Reactions: 4
They use percentages as its more alarming..... If 1 person was in hospital then they report hospital admissions up 300%....thats just 3 people in hospital, but that's not as scary if reported that way
Yeah but there is nearly 20,000 cases per day now and 4300 in hospital that's a massive jump in two weeks.

The vaccine passports are working well in France
93C7F8E2-4B28-4137-87FA-E1C64C6D70EA.jpeg

US
AA577F55-02F8-4DFB-B8AE-9C3F3FD8E3B4.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I think WFH is totally subjective. Personally I love it! But it has been mandated in my company for the entire pandemic now. I just don't think the executives in their amazing houses complete with home office and garden have thought about the junior members of staff, many of whom live in house shares and work from their tiny bedrooms with dodgy internet or housemates they might not get on with. It's not going to suit everyone, for many it will be incredibly isolating and it is bad for your mental health to work in one room which you also live and sleep in! I was worried about some of my team members and brought this up to senior staff members who call in from their airy offices... and they could not care less. Covid has become an excuse for people to get away with a complete lack of duty of care imo 🙁

• Sad
Reactions: 25
And the head of their biggest hospital service says 90% are there incidentally, ie people are in the hospital for other reasons and tested positive.

It is what they do here in the US. Same with 'death of Covid'. County in California I lived in admitted many of the deaths were actually of drug overdoses, suicides, and trauma but counted as a Covid death. The hospitals got paid extra by the feds too.

16000 out of 330m people is nothing re: USA.

They will never, ever, EVER stop testing millions a day to keep this going and keep the money going into their pockets.

Reactions: 8
No one really knows the point anymore. They’ve been misold as a ticket to freedom under the guise of protecting granny to it may or may not reduce transmission, it may or may not be effective against future variants but you should get boosted anyway for… um…. The prevention of… a full lockdown! That’s it. All about control.
The language and reporting being used around the boosters is interesting - though I’ve barely looked!
BBC during 6-o’clock news said that three doses (how convenient) “neutralise” Omicron - though when you read the articles it seems a bit more like an educated guess at best - the Guardian headline just says it’s “likely”

there’s clearly a bit of a disconnect between what the televised BBC news is saying (which is probably what most people will see) and what articles online are saying

Reactions: 3
NHS made secret pandemic plan to deny care to elderly
Strategy drawn up by NHS England following 2016 pandemic planning exercise was designed to stop hospitals being overwhelmed

The NHS drew up secret plans to withdraw hospital care from people in nursing homes in the event of a pandemic, The Telegraph can disclose.
Confidential Whitehall documents show that the NHS plans refused treatment to those in their 70s and that "support" would instead be offered to use so-called "end of life pathways".
The strategy was drawn up by NHS England following a pandemic planning exercise in 2016 and was designed to stop hospitals being overwhelmed.
It suggests that in a "severe" flu pandemic, the Health Secretary could authorise medics to prioritise some patients over others and even stop providing critical care altogether.
Ministers have repeatedly insisted that care homes were not abandoned by the NHS during the coronavirus crisis, despite mounting evidence to the contrary. More than 42,000 residents in England and Wales died during the pandemic and hospitals released thousands of patients into care homes without testing.
The Telegraph disclosed earlier this year that care homes were asked by NHS managers and GPs to place "do not resuscitate" orders on all residents at the height of the pandemic to keep hospital beds free – in breach of guidelines.
Dominic Cummings, Boris Johnson's former chief adviser, has said it was a "lie" that everyone received care, and that in fact "many people were left to die in horrific circumstances".

More on the link

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I’ll never forget when I was r**pd, one of the first things the police said was that they could fine me for breaking covid lockdown rules…BS!

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
Where I live from next week non-urgent surgeries are going to be reported. It feels quite bleak to be again in this situation. In some hospitals ICUs are full, patients have to be sent to other places.

I just want to celebrate christmas with my family. Not really worried it could be cancelled as it wasn't last year - just some restrictions on the number of people. For now there isn't any restriction for private gatherings but people are encouraged to reduce their contacts and home office is again widely in use for those who can.

The omicron should be soon the dominant variant. I do hope this one will be less worse.

I’ll never forget when I was r**pd, one of the first things the police said was that they could fine me for breaking covid lockdown rules…BS!
So sorry you experienced that response to something so serious And traumatic .

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Just heard on the radio there are 7000 people in hospital with covid, surely that’s not the right number!? Are we really bringing in restrictions and such for that low of a number!? Lat year we had 40k

what is the average for flu this time of the year?

Reactions: 7

Yel

Just heard on the radio there are 7000 people in hospital with covid, surely that’s not the right number!? Are we really bringing in restrictions and such for that low of a number!? Lat year we had 40k

what is the average for flu this time of the year?
The argument is it's spreading quickly and hospital admissions are rising in SA where it's summer, they have a younger demographic and there's more natural immunity as the similar beta variant spread there.

Labour seem to be quiet on the response? Have they not decided between berating for doing too little or too much and are waiting for hindsight?

Reactions: 4
The argument is it's spreading quickly and hospital admissions are rising in SA where it's summer, they have a younger demographic and there's more natural immunity as the similar beta variant spread there.

Labour seem to be quiet on the response? Have they not decided between berating for doing too little or too much and are waiting for hindsight?
that is a good point but we know the vaccine rate there is crap.

yes it transmits quicker but that’s what a virus does, becomes weaker but transmits quicker so it can live on..i was under the impression that’s a good thing.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.