Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #106

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We were told this a year ago, yet it's still the same vaccine
They'll have to tweak it now as there's no Wuhan virus left ,the new one has a higher risk of reinfection but they won't know anything else for about 10days

• Haha
Reactions: 1
They'll have to tweak it now as there's no Wuhan virus left ,the new one has a higher risk of reinfection but they won't know anything else for about 10days
And yet if you believe the stats the vaccines, which were based on the original variant are doing their job in preventing severe illness.. which we were told this time last year!

It's like the flu jab, they can only tweek it so far.

Remember now, no vaccine is 100% !!

Looks like certain people are gagging for another lockdown. By certain people, I mean the comfortable middle-class with their nice homes who can just have unlimited things brought to them by the rest of us.

Always knew there would be a new variant in time for Christmas.

*Just to be clear, I'm not into conspiracy theories, am not anti Covid measures or anti vax, but there has been a certain segment of the population who never wanted the first lockdown to end and have been clamoring for one ever since. I am sick to death of these people trying to dictact everything Covid by throwing tanturms on Twatter and the desperately thirsty scientists who are hellbent on remaining relevant.
It comes across as a bit bitter to suggest a certain class of people want lockdowns. I’m very comfortable financially but I still wouldn’t want a sodding lockdown.

Reactions: 5
It comes across as a bit bitter to suggest a certain class of people want lockdowns. I’m very comfortable financially but I still wouldn’t want a sodding lockdown.
Also, the new variant only exists because there was transmission.

No transmission - no illness / death - no new variants - no pandemic

Reactions: 2
The way out of this pandemic seems so simple really and could be done with minimal restrictions if you sit down and think about the logistics of it. A simple plan could have been implemented when numbers were as low as possible following the lockdowns earlier the year.

- LFT on entry of the country.
- If negative great enter the country
- If positive quarantine at government-paid hotel whilst processing PCR test
- Vaccinate those who want it - we have good uptake so hopefully that will stop spread in the community.
- Unvaccinated should be shielded by the first third points and vaccinated

Just be careful about the status of who is coming into the country! We had Brexit supposedly to control the borders so why is that not possible?!

I was one of the people who was quite anxious earlier in the year for lockdowns to end and didn't exactly rush back out into society straight away but right now I can't think of anything else than going back into lockdown. I'm comfortable and happy and back into the swing of things now so go to back to a complete lockdown would be terrible.

Altho it might be good on my wallet to go back!
I understand, and I supported that first lockdown and felt it was important that the country did it but then the government kept moving the goal posts and SAGE kept trying to do their best to keep everyone petrified non-stop even during when things got a bit better for a while, and I've lost all patience with it all.

A Christmas lockdown this year would just be grim beyond belief.

Reactions: 6
From the Botswanan Presidential Covid 19 task force.
It was found in double vaccinated people first.
So much for the unvaccinated causing mutations.
When you have already vaccine, no one, or everyone is to blame - which our own government scientists warned of at the start and said was a pay off in saving lives.

Maybe now we can finally stop the whole 'unvaccinated people cause mutations' brigade that I see all over social media and accept that leaky vaccines are also to blame and stop a 2 tier society

Attachments

• Wow
Just going based on what I've seen and heard - in "real life" too and not just social media.

I work for central government, and big announcement that everyone is back 2 days a week in London offices by Christmas, there’s no distancing or masks, and there aren’t enough desks 😂😂😂

Coordinated panic makes me think the timing of this was on purpose to push hysteria and lockdowns. IMO from the off: the New Normal is permanent. We are never going to be free again. Lockdowns, restrictions are now the human existence and it's hell. It's all quite nefarious and sinister. Governments in a panic because they are cowards and afraid of their shadows ad pushed by hysterics who want their science time in the sun.

I understand, and I supported that first lockdown and felt it was important that the country did it but then the government kept moving the goal posts and SAGE kept trying to do their best to keep everyone petrified non-stop even during when things got a bit better for a while, and I've lost all patience with it all.

A Christmas lockdown this year would just be grim beyond belief.
The first lockdown was nessecary I think because the situation was completely unknown. Looking back a lot of the stuff done was quite silly like having conversations through letterboxes etc. but we didn't know the full picture then.

The November (second) lockdown was stupid because it should have come a month earlier like the opposition was calling for - had to go hard and fast too late because Boris didn't act sooner.

The third lockdown (Christmas onwards) was hideous, too short notice to be kept seriously, was at a grim time and was completely self serving by the Conservatives.

Reactions: 7
As I mentioned earlier in the thread the news coverage of the chaos in Europe was to soften us up. Now this new variant pops up. So it was go as follows:

'Health officials warn restrictions may be needed'

'Health officials warn that if the Government doesn't act then we're in for the worst winter on record'

Time goes on a little bit...

'Urgent Cobra meeting held by ministers'

BoJo addresses the nation

Reactions: 4
I'm not sure I deal with weeks more of we're fucked and it's all fine

lcimg-83da4567-b11a-4dda-a770-630867e4395c.jpg
lcimg-ab785004-7a7e-48d6-835e-22b253e36124.jpg

Considering it was discovered in July it's suspicious all news media went ham on it now.

Nobody died. Only 70 cases FROM JULY found. Asymptomatic or mild. I am however terrified governments are rubbing their hands in glee. Vaccines work but they won't stop.

Considering it was discovered in July it's suspicious all news media went ham on it now.

Nobody died. Only 70 cases FROM JULY found. Asymptomatic or mild. I am however terrified governments are rubbing their hands in glee. Vaccines work but they won't stop.
It wasn’t discovered in July was it? Any news report I’ve read mentions November when it was first spotted.

“The variant was first spotted in Botswana on 11 November, where three cases have now been recorded.

Meanwhile in South Africa, where the first case was spotted on 14 November, 22 cases have now been recorded, according to the National Institute for Communicable Diseases.”

It wasn’t discovered in July was it? Any news report I’ve read mentions November when it was first spotted.

“The variant was first spotted in Botswana on 11 November, where three cases have now been recorded.

Meanwhile in South Africa, where the first case was spotted on 14 November, 22 cases have now been recorded, according to the National Institute for Communicable Diseases.”
It was. I've read about the variant labeled such before. It's on a WEF document from July. I can go find it.

At any rate it's the virus becoming an endemic cold but it is too perfect for media to use for $ and gov't to use to push restrictions.

@Prefrontalmedialcortex https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2021/07/how-scientists-detect-new-covid-19-variants/ Here you go. ' They’re concerned that they could help it evade the body’s immune response and make the variant - named B.1.1.529 - more transmissible. '

It was. I've read about the variant labeled such before. It's on a WEF document from July. I can go find it.

At any rate it's the virus becoming an endemic cold but it is too perfect for media to use for $ and gov't to use to push restrictions.

@Prefrontalmedialcortex https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2021/07/how-scientists-detect-new-covid-19-variants/ Here you go. ' They’re concerned that they could help it evade the body’s immune response and make the variant - named B.1.1.529 - more transmissible. '
If it has been around since July why only now has it been labelled as a variant of concern. If it was spotted in July… government would not have dropped all the restrictions - it would have given them more of a reason to keep them in place. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I think it's all pretty nefarious. Countries are talking about lockdowns and restrictions because it's cold and flu season - lots of cases which is irrelevant - people are highly vaccinated in the West. Delayed panic and using that as an excuse. Perhaps also immunity waning from the vaccination campaigns? It doesn't prevent transmission but if you are at risk seems a sure bet to help you not die.

I think they're using it to push restrictions again. I'm in the US so it won't really do anything here (it isn't a political win in America anymore like it was) - but I have family in England and was going to be there after Christmas...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.