Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sprezza

VIP Member
We aren’t back to where we started! Don’t be so ridiculous. It’s a variant! Not a brand new disease.
I was just repeating what the other poster seemed to be implying I.e we're back to square one even with vaccines. I know that isn't actually the case.

Ugholhere

VIP Member
I have read that if you are flying to the UK and one person is positive with this Scary New Variant (aka mild illness if illness at all) the whole plane has to self-isolate for TEN DAYS? If this is true I am cancelling my visit... I can't find out too much about it yet since they pulled all this out their collective rear ends for no reason without thought. I fly in to LHR Jan 23...
I’m sure it’ll be fine by end of January.
As in, the variant will probably be everywhere to the point where travel will not be seen as such a big risk factor for its spread

hollowcrown

Chatty Member
When I see "bar/medical staff" I read it in my head as "bar slash medical staff" aka bar or medical staff it's really not a huge leap to misread something like that guys.

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
I have read that if you are flying to the UK and one person is positive with this Scary New Variant (aka mild illness if illness at all) the whole plane has to self-isolate for TEN DAYS? If this is true I am cancelling my visit... I can't find out too much about it yet since they pulled all this out their collective rear ends for no reason without thought. I fly in to LHR Jan 23...
I wouldn’t cancel it yet a lot could change by then! They change the rules by the hour over here we could be a free world again by then

Ensay

VIP Member
It's the same as the GP saga. It is a lottery.

Some people have said their GP has been doing face to face appointments for months. Whereas mine will still only do telephone and even then they say "it would help if I could see you face to face" but when you ask for a face to face appointment they refuse.
Yeah my local GP practice has been doing face to face appointments for a while. You can even sometimes book non urgent F2F appointments on the NHS App.

iLoveNectarines

VIP Member
Can I just clarify do we now have to isolate if in contact with a positive case? What happens if a child at school tests positive will my child have to isolate?

Web30

VIP Member
Not heard from school about if the play is still going ahead. I still don't know my eldests part and it's next Wed! 😅
We have heard nothing from ours, i know my daugthers learning songs but we dont even know when the shows planned for never mind if 🙄

Tublet83

VIP Member
I am on holiday and was rushed to hospital with severe food poisoning and dehydration. They did a COVID test and I received a positive antigen test and negative PCR result. He agreed to treat it as though I did not have COVID as I have no symptoms but I am wondering what these results actually mean?
A false positive antigen? It happens.

hope you feel better!

DuckDuck

VIP Member
Out of interest , I really hope someone can answer this. I have covid and today it seems to be getting worse not better . What happens when my isolation period finishes but I still feel like crap .
Do I test ???? If its positive still I go off again right ?? I was planning on doing a LF and a PCR 2 days before I'm due back . I've got 2 days off after my isolation ends but if I'm still unwell and testing positive I still have covid right ?

Ding

VIP Member
The last one I tried said to call 111 even though I wasn't in severe pain to try and get an appointment. But I know how busy they are so don't really want to do that 🙄

As much as I get the sentiment of this, realistically we are all more likely to be getting infected and infecting others right now with no restrictions than we are if they impose lockdown and we don’t comply over Christmas so if we should feel any guilt then it should be felt now.

Otherwise it’s actually just guilt over breaking rules, rather than infecting others.
Yes, I see that point.

I guess that most people would argue that restrictions are being imposed at the right time and for good reasons.

Granted, with this government this might not be the case.

I guess I find it difficult if Covid is being compared with the flu - the flu has been around for ages and never caused problems at this scale nor were there travel restrictions / lockdowns / masks etc because of the flu.

This seems like comparing a leg amputation with bumping your knee or spraining your ankle. It is not the same.

JLXRD

VIP Member
Oh yeah, do any of you know if the nurse aspirated when he/she gave you the jab? I've been doing a bit of research and it is thought there could be a correlation between the rare symptoms of the vaccine and the vaccine giver not aspirating the jab, which means the solution goes into the muscle and not the blood. I found it interesting as I don't know if many nurses are doing this simple (but arguably very necessary) procedure.
How would you know if they did this or not?

If it’s a visual thing I have no idea as I couldn’t look for either of my jabs as I am so afraid of needles! However my second hurt a lot more and it felt more like he was less experienced at giving jabs than the man who did my first.

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
Me too and we’ve been told we’re never going back to the office and today a huge Christmas party was booked in London 😂
Maybe depends on dept. The plan has always been for us to go back but its been postponed now. The intranet page actually had a huge article yesterday about the push for us to go back. Looks like that backfired.

JLXRD

VIP Member
I think that 90% is only for older people. Of the UK adult population as a whole it's much lower. The source Google uses says 68.9% for England - so not far off the countries that are taking action now.

View attachment 866930
The almost 90% is of the eligible population in the UK with a first dose, what you are showing is the total population 😊 not sure if Austrias stats are based off eligible or total to be fair. Either way, don’t see us locking down just unvaccinated people and it doing anything worthwhile.
DC09F0AD-2989-4356-897C-0701D8C9E095.jpeg