Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #106

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My apologies, don't know what you mean, do you have a link to them?

What kind?
I had to have a Google and think they are called FFP3, they do create a seal but you have to have your face measured, but it looks like in medical settings they are disposable. You can also just buy them online for yourself but they are supposedly only super effective if you have your face measured and buy your specific fit which is what they do in medical settings.

We used to get people on the thread who worked on covid wards saying they were waiting for their size to arrive so were having to wear the blue ones, and then anyone who wasn’t in the medical field who said they had bought FFP3 masks got a slap on the wrist for buying them and causing supply issues.

Lockdown 1 thread drama history for you there 😂 shoutout those who also remember the great B&M divide of Jan 21.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
As I've said before I can do my own lifting I don't need Goop to tell me what's fine and what's not - I have a masters degree in a science discipline biochemistry/chemistry, have worked for 5+ years in the pharma industry and work with FDA and MHRA on a monthly basis as well as complete COSHH assessments every day and working to various ISO and ICH + more standards day-to-day. I would genuinely wager I know far more about risk assessment, leachables + extractables and the danger of these things than you do, backed up by this kind of thing being my life and career.
and yet you still haven’t worked out that you don’t in fact know everything 😬🧐

• Haha
Reactions: 2
If you want my LinkedIn I’d be happy to PM you so you can verify that in fact I am not just blowing hot air.
To verify such information we’d also need your bank account details including pin, passport number, face ID and fingerprints and maybe throw in a footprint 🦶🏻 too. 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 4
and yet you still haven’t worked out that you don’t in fact know everything 😬🧐
I don’t know everything. You wouldn’t catch me commenting on virology, epidemiology or specifics of mRNA technology but I’m proud to know a lot about control of substances hazardous to health, chemicals and and medical regulations because that’s my day job and what I spent my time In higher education learning about.

Reactions: 3
No, those are not semi-sealed around the nose and mouth. they are free-flowing under the mouth. But who knows if they are also damaging people.
You've literally invented a scenario and are stressing about it. And they say it's the ones who are pro vaccine/pro mask that are the scaremongers.

Reactions: 5
I don’t know everything. You wouldn’t catch me commenting on virology, epidemiology or specifics of mRNA technology but I’m proud to know a lot about control of substances hazardous to health, chemicals and and medical regulations because that’s my day job and what I spent my time In higher education learning about.
That’s fine if you know a lot about it (you might not I mean anyone can be anyone on an anonymous forum) but to outright say you know more than someone else doesn’t strengthen your argument it just makes you look self righteous.

You've literally invented a scenario and are stressing about it. And they say it's the ones who are pro vaccine/pro mask that are the scaremongers.
I am discussing something on a forum. What is the invention? Are you saying there is no toxic fabric or people are not wearing homemade masks?

I've never said pro-vax and pro mask are scaremongering. but they are scared

I am discussing something on a forum. What is the invention? Are you saying there is no toxic fabric or people are not wearing homemade masks?

I've never said pro-vax and pro mask are scaremongering. but they are scared
I just think if there was an issue with what you're saying we'd have seen the effects many years ago.

We've always worn clothing close to our mouths and we're constantly breathing in air that contains dust, skin particles and fibres that our clothes have shed.

Reactions: 3
It is an exceptional leap is logic to go from some substances can cause cancer to masks will give you cancer and it’s something you should be worried about. A quick google tells you there is no link between the two.

In California due to some law they have to label them every thing with nickel in asbeing a potential carcinogen because breathing in large quantities of nickel particulates can cause lung cancer. This means that Guitars, many of which have nickel frets are supper with this label. Does it mean that guitars give you cancer? Should we worried about this? It’s something to think about.

Reactions: 1
My driving instructor tested positive for Covid I say him Wednesday so he put me down as a close contact. Went for the PCR this morning and had two negative lateral flow tests I’m fully vaccinated and know I don’t have it so having to wait is a right pain

I just think if there was an issue with what you're saying we'd have seen the effects many years ago.

We've always worn clothing close to our mouths and we're constantly breathing in air that contains dust, skin particles and fibres that our clothes have shed.
What like lung cancer rates still rising fast despite the huge drop in smokers? I'm not saying that cloth is the cause but believing we would be told why cancer is rising every day is very naive in this day and age.
As I've said before I was 16ish before meeting my first ever person with cancer and a long time after that before meeting anyone else. Now its 1 in 2 will get cancer. So something is very wrong isn't it. and please don't say its because we are living longer as childhood cancer has also risen tremendously. Also saying we are living longer is a lie, the fact is child mortality rates improved so much due to better food, sanitation and hygiene plus a better welfare system that infants were now not expected to "proberbly" die before reaching the age of 1yo. My grt gran had 18 children, all but two died before the age of one and one died at age two. her only living child was my granddad and you see that sernorio over and over in those times.

Masks were introduced just over a year ago that is nowhere near enough time to link people wearing home made masks to a rise in lung cancer incidents. Literally smoking carcinogenic chemicals directly into your lungs needs years to developer cancer, passively wearing a mask for cumulative totals of hours will not cause respiratory illnesses over the time that masks have been encouraged or mandated. Not to mention there is no mask mandate in the UK currently.

In fact rates have remained stable or decreased over the past decade: https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/he...tistics/statistics-by-cancer-type/lung-cancer

Masks were introduced just over a year ago that is nowhere near enough time to link people wearing home made masks to a rise in lung cancer incidents. Literally smoking carcinogenic chemicals directly into your lungs needs years to developer cancer, passively wearing a mask for cumulative totals of hours will not cause respiratory illnesses over the time that masks have been encouraged or mandated. Not to mention there is no mask mandate in the UK currently.

In fact rates have remained stable or decreased over the past decade: https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/he...tistics/statistics-by-cancer-type/lung-cancer
OMG! do you always only read what you think people are saying rather than what they are? I never said they were the cause.

Im off to the garden. 😜

• Haha
People have work masks / face protection outside of a medical/ hygiene setting before covid , for example dustmasks and using chemicals . .

And many people wore masks in cities in the far East.

We don't hear of ill effects from these people.

Interesting study (quite a large sample too) for anyone who may be interested.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(21)02249-2/fulltext”

Findings
“1 158 269 individuals were eligible to be included in the third dose group. Following matching, the third dose and control groups each included 728 321 individuals. Participants had a median age of 52 years (IQR 37–68) and 51% were female. The median follow-up time was 13 days (IQR 6–21) in both groups. Vaccine effectiveness evaluated at least 7 days after receipt of the third dose, compared with receiving only two doses at least 5 months ago, was estimated to be 93% (231 events for two doses vs 29 events for three doses; 95% CI 88–97) for admission to hospital, 92% (157 vs 17 events; 82–97) for severe disease, and 81% (44 vs seven events; 59–97) for COVID-19-related death.”

Last edited:
Bar medical/care is there any industry requiring face masks to be worn all shift?

Retail, bus drivers etc aren’t wearing them anymore, only by choice and from my experience now hardly any.

I have to wear one in communal areas as per company policy but it’s only for a few mins and no one cares if your nose is hanging out and no one is there anyway so it seems pointless (just to add my office is disgusting and dirty which is more of an issue 😂).

Bar medical/care is there any industry requiring face masks to be worn all shift?

Retail, bus drivers etc aren’t wearing them anymore, only by choice and from my experience now hardly any.

I have to wear one in communal areas as per company policy but it’s only for a few mins and no one cares if your nose is hanging out and no one is there anyway so it seems pointless (just to add my office is disgusting and dirty which is more of an issue 😂).
Most medical workers seem to be wearing them still from the appointments I've had and footage I've seen?

Went for a take out coffee this morning and the local cafe is 50/50. Some workers were wearing them, some not.

Most medical workers seem to be wearing them still from the appointments I've had and footage I've seen?

Went for a take out coffee this morning and the local cafe is 50/50. Some workers were wearing them, some not.
They literally said bar medical staff?! As in except medical staff… 😬

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.