Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #106

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It sounds like the slower take up is a lot do with people having to travel significantly further to get them than they did for the first doses, which won't be helping much on the reluctance front.
I work for the nhs and visit housebound patients. I’ve seen a lot of patients who are wanting, but still waiting for their booster yet on the initial roll out had it really early. When they call to ask, they just get told they’re on a list but are not given any indication of when they can have it

• Sad
Reactions: 2
My mum and a couple of other oldies I've spoken to all had much worse pain after their booster shots. Can't speak for the others but my Mum had pfizer for all three of her shots and she said she couldn't sleep for a couple of nights and her arm really hurt, after no problems at all with the original two.

I seem to be getting daily text reminders from the NHS telling me to book my booster, I'm not rushing to do so! There doesn't seem to be any opt out. Just like the incessant texts from HMRC telling me to file my tax return :mad:
My mum was pretty ill after hers, friend at work felt awful last week after hers as well. Both had zero issues with the first 2, is thier something different in the booster?

Jeez that is a joke a full PCR to see a GP :oops:
what happens if it's an urgent appointment ( like a worrying rash or something ) do they still make you wait for the results ?
This is why AnEs are so busy!

• Sad
I work in health and social care and we got an email from the 'higher ups' stating that vaccines would be mandatory for anyone working with people 1 to 1, frontline etc. And they'd assess everyone's vaccine status and job role and if they hadn't been jabbed speak with their manager to basically talk them into it.

I find it funny they didn't care if we were jabbed or not when we were going into work during the initial lockdown whilst they were all working from home. Hopefully they'll be some pushback. I'm triple jabbed so wouldn't affect me but just don't like the way it's all going

Reactions: 20
My sister got turned down for a promotion as she isn't vaccinated (she works in advertising management)
ETA she had covid a couple of months ago so she does have antibodies

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
My sister got turned down for a promotion as she isn't vaccinated (she works in advertising management)
ETA she had covid a couple of months ago so she does have antibodies
That sounds so unlike the industry - the vast majority of us are still working from home anyway! Although I’m also in advertising and starting to travel to clients again so is it to do with that? Not being vaccinated would make life 100 times harder at the minute.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
No idea, but for balance, I was fine
For balance? The whole flipping world is focused on those that were ok and no one is taking those who were not, seriously totally gaslighting them, blaming it on everything else but the vaccine.

Reactions: 9
For balance? The whole flipping world is focused on those that were ok and no one is taking those who were not, seriously totally gaslighting them, blaming it on everything else but the vaccine.
I sense a lot of anger in your reply to me.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Why are we still not comprehending that for the most part people are concerned about *long term* implications. Being 'fine' in the immediate aftermath of a vaccine means very little other than it doesn't usually cause instant death (although, that also grossly discredits the fact that it actually has killed many people shortly after). Noone cares if your only problem was 'a sore arm'. And the reality is - noone can say anything about long term implications because it hasn't been long term! So if someone doesn't want to take a vaccine with no studies on long term safety, for a virus with an incredibly low severity rate for the majority of people, oddly enough you being 'fine' the second after having it isn't going to cut it.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Why are we still not comprehending that for the most part people are concerned about *long term* implications. Being 'fine' in the immediate aftermath of a vaccine means very little other than it doesn't usually cause instant death (although, that also grossly discredits the fact that it actually has killed many people shortly after). Noone cares if your only problem was 'a sore arm'. And the reality is - noone can say anything about long term implications because it hasn't been long term! So if someone doesn't want to take a vaccine with no studies on long term safety, for a virus with an incredibly low severity rate for the majority of people, oddly enough you being 'fine' the second after having it isn't going to cut it.
While I appreciate your response, I’m not sure I understand what you mean by “oddly enough you being 'fine' the second after having it isn't going to cut it.” Cut what?

While I appreciate your response, I’m not sure I understand what you mean by “oddly enough you being 'fine' the second after having it isn't going to cut it.” Cut what?
I think poster meant that this isn’t enough to reassure people they will be okay in the long term… 🧐

Reactions: 3
A cowpat, it's from the french saying 'couper le moo turd'.

• Haha
I’m going to the Edinburgh Christmas markets end of the month, going to be really pissed off if Nicola stops me going to Scotland for the 2nd year running 😤

Reactions: 6

Not bad for a day’s work 😉

What a sad sight 😕
1F96CD42-4425-41AA-96D9-9220D2213D77.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.