Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #106

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
About 70K people died of Covid since the beginning of the year in the UK. 16K between end of June and now. A bad year for the flu it's about 30K deaths. We are not yet here to consider covid like the flu. That's the whole problem but I do think we will get there. We are all tired.
I think you mean died badged with Covid. ie. within 28 days of a positive test. A very large percentage will have had other comorbidities.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
About 70K people died of Covid since the beginning of the year in the UK. 16K between end of June and now. A bad year for the flu it's about 30K deaths. We are not yet here to consider covid like the flu. That's the whole problem but I do think we will get there. We are all tired.
And this doesn't include the people that didn't get treatment on time for other illnesses because of Covid patients.

So it would help if more people (globally) would be vaccinated and be careful with social distancing so that the hospitals are less crowded.

It is too early to say how dangerous the new variant is, but so far mild symptoms were reported although it was said these people have had Covid before.

The pandemic will end eventually.

I just said to a colleague today that usually in the movies the pandemic ends as soon as there is a vaccine.... Or maybe only the movie ends then

Reactions: 2
Yet more people died from smoking last year than covid..... According to Chris witty few months back.

Reactions: 8
Yet more people died from smoking last year than covid..... According to Chris witty few months back.
I know but cancers don't have the same impact on hospital capacities than a contagious disease like the flu or covid. Also in the case of covid, it also impacts treatments for other diseases (like cancers) by increasing waiting lists - many people in this thread shared their frustration about it. I do believe we should do more to prevent cancers etc. Understanding why a contagious disease can be a burden for the healthcare system it's not denying the impact of other diseases. Also I think efforts have been made in term of smoking - younger generations smoke (and drink) less because of public health campains. We can still do better though!

Reactions: 4
Not heard from school about if the play is still going ahead. I still don't know my eldests part and it's next Wed! 😅
We have heard nothing from ours, i know my daugthers learning songs but we dont even know when the shows planned for never mind if 🙄

This will piss you off then.

Meanwhile at Westminster today. Bojo, with half of the cabinet having a lunch do. Not a mask in sight, but kids have to wear them at school and we're mandated to wear them from tomorrow, or fined

Translation... one rule for thee and another for me
They're laughing at us and have been throughout.

I'll mask up during the colder months because I don't go out much and it's fine but if they'll still be expecting me to mask come spring/summer, I'll be getting my exemption badge back out.

Masks have never gone away at our school and all shows have been broadcast via link. Nothing in person since Covid started.

No parents on school grounds at all. PTA meetings over zoom only.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I served a elderly gentleman at work last week he had not left his house for over a year... He had his 2 jabs and was having blood issues, his blood wasn't clotting right so if he cut himself he would just keep bleeding.... They tested him for cancer turned out it was his vaccines had thinned his blood, he was that relieved he didn't have cancer he came out shopping.... Yet was sad as he can't have his booster yet as it isn't safe for him what with his issues after his first 2 jabs, the hospital told him to wait..
That makes me so Sad, someone's health is damaged due to a vaccine, but they would rather risk another jab because the media and the government have drummed it into people that getting covid is a death sentence, sadly for some it is and that is heartbreaking, but far more survive (even though they never report the numbers of that)

For the poster who is concerned about their booster after blood clots and mini stroke..... just research (not from msm or places like here) look into it more, wait a bit, even speak to your GP if possible about your concerns but don't feel pressured into having the booster or not having it, it ultimately has to be your choice.
This in a nutshell. I have never been scared of Covid. The hysteria, over reaction, manipulation, gaslighting and deeply sinister messaging as made me scared. These governments are guilty of crimes against humanity

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
I have read that if you are flying to the UK and one person is positive with this Scary New Variant (aka mild illness if illness at all) the whole plane has to self-isolate for TEN DAYS? If this is true I am cancelling my visit... I can't find out too much about it yet since they pulled all this out their collective rear ends for no reason without thought. I fly in to LHR Jan 23...

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I have read that if you are flying to the UK and one person is positive with this Scary New Variant (aka mild illness if illness at all) the whole plane has to self-isolate for TEN DAYS? If this is true I am cancelling my visit... I can't find out too much about it yet since they pulled all this out their collective rear ends for no reason without thought. I fly in to LHR Jan 23...
I’m sure it’ll be fine by end of January.
As in, the variant will probably be everywhere to the point where travel will not be seen as such a big risk factor for its spread

I wouldn’t cancel it yet a lot could change by then! They change the rules by the hour over here we could be a free world again by then

I’m sure it’ll be fine by end of January.
As in, the variant will probably be everywhere to the point where travel will not be seen as such a big risk factor for its spread
Yeah - my problem is never the virus but the government and the hysteria! Media has a lot to answer for. These travel burdens are ridiculous and really disproportionate especially how they impact people wanting to see family (me) or countries with fragile economies decimated now by this (SA).

It is already everywhere and probably has been for weeks...

Reactions: 8
I served a elderly gentleman at work last week he had not left his house for over a year... He had his 2 jabs and was having blood issues, his blood wasn't clotting right so if he cut himself he would just keep bleeding.... They tested him for cancer turned out it was his vaccines had thinned his blood, he was that relieved he didn't have cancer he came out shopping.... Yet was sad as he can't have his booster yet as it isn't safe for him what with his issues after his first 2 jabs, the hospital told him to wait..
That makes me so Sad, someone's health is damaged due to a vaccine, but they would rather risk another jab because the media and the government have drummed it into people that getting covid is a death sentence, sadly for some it is and that is heartbreaking, but far more survive (even though they never report the numbers of that)

For the poster who is concerned about their booster after blood clots and mini stroke..... just research (not from msm or places like here) look into it more, wait a bit, even speak to your GP if possible about your concerns but don't feel pressured into having the booster or not having it, it ultimately has to be your choice.
My elderly neighbour lost his wife a few weeks ago. He only leaves his house to take his bins out and bring them back in. Each time he wears a mask to walk down his garden path and back. 💔

• Sad
Reactions: 20
A gig I have tickets for on Thursday has just been postponed 😞 really disappointed but we had already been talking about just cutting our losses and not going as we can’t really afford for OH to have to take time off work just now. Now just to wait for the reschedule and hope we can make it. I hope this isn’t the start of things being cancelled as I have theatre tickets next month too that have already been rescheduled three times.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I work in a supermarket I cant stand masks i can't do a 10 hour shift in one, I ordered a lanyard so I don't have to wear one at work. Everyone at work was saying that they won't be stopping anyone who comes in the shop without a mask. I would say 50 % of customers had masks on today compared to about 20 % last week. I'm in tomorrow so will see what it's like then.

Reactions: 6
A gig I have tickets for on Thursday has just been postponed 😞 really disappointed but we had already been talking about just cutting our losses and not going as we can’t really afford for OH to have to take time off work just now. Now just to wait for the reschedule and hope we can make it. I hope this isn’t the start of things being cancelled as I have theatre tickets next month too that have already been rescheduled three times.
I've got tickets for gigs in May and June 2022 and already worried if they're this hypersensitive

New thread.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.