Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #106

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Boosters have been extended to all adults over 40 and second doses for 16/17 yr olds

Boosters will be given to all adults once the data shows they're needed
Van Tam’s fridge is full and he’s got to get rid of them 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I think that 90% is only for older people. Of the UK adult population as a whole it's much lower. The source Google uses says 68.9% for England - so not far off the countries that are taking action now.

View attachment 866930
The almost 90% is of the eligible population in the UK with a first dose, what you are showing is the total population 😊 not sure if Austrias stats are based off eligible or total to be fair. Either way, don’t see us locking down just unvaccinated people and it doing anything worthwhile.
DC09F0AD-2989-4356-897C-0701D8C9E095.jpeg

The almost 90% is of the eligible population in the UK, what you are showing is the total population 😊 not sure if Austrias stats are based off eligible or total to be fair.
View attachment 866995
Austria has one of the lowest vaccination rates in western Europe, with only around 65% of the total population fully vaccinated.

Looks like the total population, so comparing apples to apples the UK rate is only slightly higher than Austria?

Reactions: 3
Austria has one of the lowest vaccination rates in western Europe, with only around 65% of the total population fully vaccinated.

Looks like the total population, so comparing apples to apples the UK rate is only slightly higher than Austria?
Yeah UK has dropped right down going by latest charts

Like I said, I still don’t see us locking down just unvaccinated people and it doing anything worthwhile. Guess we shall have to see if it works for them but I don’t believe we have the infrastructure to police it so I don’t think it would be apples to apples at all really (assuming they are policing/monitoring it… if not then it’s not really a lockdown at all as everyone can still do as they please)

Reactions: 1
Yeah UK has dropped right down going by latest charts
exactly, people saying the UK is doing well and that won't / can't happen over here maybe don't realise it's a long time since the UK was leading the way with vaccines. Rates aren't that far off Austria.

Reactions: 6
I think we are more likely to end up with everyone locked down than just the unvaccinated but that’s just my personal opinion.

exactly, people saying the UK is doing well and that won't / can't happen over here maybe don't realise it's a long time since the UK was leading the way with vaccines. Rates aren't that far off Austria.
They said at the briefing things have slowed down only a 3rd of over 50s have come forward for boosters and many haven't had a first dose . Downden said earlier it's in the publics hands if restrictions will be brought back they need to go for their booster or healthcare won't cope they're already starting from a very high margin .

They said at the briefing things have slowed down only a 3rd of over 50s have come forward for boosters and many haven't had a first dose . Downden said earlier it's in the publics hands if restrictions will be brought back they need to go for their booster or healthcare won't cope they're already starting from a very high margin .
I think there's going to be more and more talk of a lockdown in the UK again. That's very low uptake rates for the booster.

Crunch time maybe in 3 weeks?

It sounds like the slower take up is a lot do with people having to travel significantly further to get them than they did for the first doses, which won't be helping much on the reluctance front.

Reactions: 2
I think they’ll bring in vaccine passports for everything you’ve only got to look what’s happening in other countries .JVT said there’s no such thing as fully vaccinated they’ll just keep moving with the data and boost accordingly,that’s the only way they’ll be able to keep a hold on it while letting people have as normal a life as possible.

I think there's going to be more and more talk of a lockdown in the UK again. That's very low uptake rates for the booster.

Crunch time maybe in 3 weeks?
I think England have a good enough health system to cope but I can definitely see something being brought back in Ireland they’re already buckling in the north and won’t have the south to fall back on this time.

My dads been trying to book his and they have none in stock with no date for delivery
How are they extending it to younger people then🙄 I saw the WHO said there going to be a 2 billion shortage of syringes in 2022 and that’s going to push things further back.

I really don’t see another lockdown happening unless things take a turn for the worse. Daily cases seem to be stagnant, daily deaths and people going into hospital have not reached the same heights as they did during the peaks

The vaccines are still providing a level of immunity and protection against severe illness/death. People currently in hospital is 8,652 - complete contrast to the 40-50,000 last year.

Reactions: 9
My dads been trying to book his and they have none in stock with no date for delivery
Same with my parents, they can’t get appointments until December.

When I got my 4th (!) vaccine yesterday it was really busy with people

Same with my parents, they can’t get appointments until December.

When I got my 4th (!) vaccine yesterday it was really busy with people
Its going to put everyone else behind. My husbands is due in Jan but id be surprised if its not later.

Its going to put everyone else behind. My husbands is due in Jan but id be surprised if its not later.
I had an appointment for mine, but there were constant walk ins coming in to the mass vaccination centre I went too. The staff there told me to tell my dad to just turn up at one and they aren’t turning anyone away.

Seems the booking system is the issue, especially as many bigger venues are no longer available e.g conference centres etc as they are all back in business use.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.