Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #106

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really don’t see another lockdown happening unless things take a turn for the worse. Daily cases seem to be stagnant, daily deaths and people going into hospital have not reached the same heights as they did during the peaks

The vaccines are still providing a level of immunity and protection against severe illness/death. People currently in hospital is 8,652 - complete contrast to the 40-50,000 last year.
The thing that could through them is people not testing then presenting with late stage symptoms at the hospital door there’s the potential for thousands of beds that they weren’t accounting for especially if there’s a massive surge.

It sounds like the slower take up is a lot do with people having to travel significantly further to get them than they did for the first doses, which won't be helping much on the reluctance front.
Especially as more and more will be coming down with sickness not just covid but normal winter viruses they won’t administer the vaccine unless you’re well.

“The OXFORD vaccine is now expecting to progressively transition the vaccine to modest profitability as new orders are received

AstraZeneca is breaking its repeated and celebrated public promises of a non-profit vaccine for all countries for the duration of this pandemic and to never to make a profit in any low and middle-income country from this publicly funded vaccine.

"It is turning its back on these commitments at a time when the pandemic still rages and 98% of people in the poorest countries are not yet fully vaccinated."

I didn’t think they could give this tit away 😂 most countries won’t touch it with a sanitised barge pole, so they’re planning on profiting from 3rd world countries?

Boris is very quiet about the OXFORD vaccine lately isn’t he.

Reactions: 2
Basically the same number of vaccinated and unvaccinated in Dublin hospital so what is the answer.

Reactions: 3
Basically the same number of vaccinated and unvaccinated in Dublin hospital so what is the answer.
This doesn’t mean vaccines are not working. People fail to rememeber what the numbers were like during the peaks, the fact that we do not have tens of thousands in hospital is due to the vaccines playing a role. The majority who are in hospital who are double vaccinated are in the older/vulnerable group with underlying conditions. There is a bigger picture.

Reactions: 8
This doesn’t mean vaccines are not working. People fail to rememeber what the numbers were liks during the peaks, the fact that we do not have tens of thousands in hospital is due to the vaccines playing a role. The majority who are in hospital who are double vaccinated are in the older/vulnerable group with underlying conditions. There is a bigger picture.
our cases and admission here are higher than any time this year.
There are over 100 in ICU.
They can’t keep blaming the unvaccinated when it’s a mixture of both.
but the 18 booster might do the trick 😂
Most people don’t give a tit anymore to be honest. Apart from the masks it’s all back to
Normal business,
Even the traffic is tit 😐

Reactions: 5
This doesn’t mean vaccines are not working. People fail to rememeber what the numbers were like during the peaks, the fact that we do not have tens of thousands in hospital is due to the vaccines playing a role. The majority who are in hospital who are double vaccinated are in the older/vulnerable group with underlying conditions. There is a bigger picture.
They’re only as good as the arm they go into! if people don’t want them it makes no difference .

They’re only as good as the arm they go into! if people don’t want them it makes no difference .
So many felt unwell or have had side effects from the first 2 jabs they’re reluctant to take the booster, uptake here is very low.

our cases and admission here are higher than any time this year.
There are over 100 in ICU.
They can’t keep blaming the unvaccinated when it’s a mixture of both.
but the 18 booster might do the trick 😂
Most people don’t give a tit anymore to be honest. Apart from the masks it’s all back to
Normal business,
Even the traffic is tit 😐
Disclaimer: my comments are just my opinion, not trying to sway people’s minds or blame anyone. Take the vaccine, don’t take the vaccine, take half a vaccine, wear a mask, don’t wear a mask, wear half a mask. 🤷🏻‍♀️

(You should see London traffic, it is horrific) 😩

Every arm is good, let’s not discriminate against arms. 💪🏻🤪

• Haha
So many felt unwell or have had side effects from the first 2 jabs they’re reluctant to take the booster, uptake here is very low.
I’m not surprised! People weren’t made aware they’re potentially going to be medicated for life 😕

Reactions: 4
I’m not surprised! People weren’t made aware they’re potentially going to be medicated for life 😕
i personally know one person who had a stroke, one who’s died in his mid 70’s and a woman with such severe periods she’s passed out. Might not be connected, nobody knows at this point really.
The funny thing is (period issues) she’s fully vaccinated, late 30’s, went to make a doctors appointment, she was so unwell and was sent 30 minutes away for a covid test, to be left for 24 hours before she got the results, to THEN be allowed to make a doctors appointment. Our doctors used to be on the day appointment.
This is with both vaccines. She was unwell on the Tuesday and got an appointment Friday evening. The kids have been sent for 4 tests since September, 3 kids, 4 tests, and an ear infection in early October that was treated with antibiotics…….

only after a negative covid test

• Sad
Reactions: 6
My mum and a couple of other oldies I've spoken to all had much worse pain after their booster shots. Can't speak for the others but my Mum had pfizer for all three of her shots and she said she couldn't sleep for a couple of nights and her arm really hurt, after no problems at all with the original two.

I seem to be getting daily text reminders from the NHS telling me to book my booster, I'm not rushing to do so! There doesn't seem to be any opt out. Just like the incessant texts from HMRC telling me to file my tax return :mad:

• Sad
Reactions: 3
38 mins in tell me why you’d be rushing to get your child vaccinated when he’s literally just said the safety data is looking better than they initially feared 🤷🏼‍♀️ they still went ahead with it even though they had safety concerns 🙄 it doesn’t fill people with much confidence any wonder so many are choosing to wait for a few years to see exactly how it pans out.

i personally know one person who had a stroke, one who’s died in his mid 70’s and a woman with such severe periods she’s passed out. Might not be connected, nobody knows at this point really.
The funny thing is (period issues) she’s fully vaccinated, late 30’s, went to make a doctors appointment, she was so unwell and was sent 30 minutes away for a covid test, to be left for 24 hours before she got the results, to THEN be allowed to make a doctors appointment. Our doctors used to be on the day appointment.
This is with both vaccines. She was unwell on the Tuesday and got an appointment Friday evening. The kids have been sent for 4 tests since September, 3 kids, 4 tests, and an ear infection in early October that was treated with antibiotics…….

only after a negative covid test
That’s awful 😞 it’s beyond a joke at this stage and very concerning when you’re the person /know the person suffering these things only to be left to deal with them alone . I see there looking to bring in masks for under 12s down there another gripe of mine 🙄

So you have to be tested before you even see a GP down there 😳 we don’t have that up here the south really go overboard for all the good it’s done them.

Last edited:
I saw these subtitles under JVT made me laugh 😂
1636980658650.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
I see there looking to bring in masks for under 12s down there another gripe of mine 🙄
I do NOT agree with this AT ALL.
Nope. Nope.

it’s a joke isn’t it, yeah, you need to ring the GP, get reffered for a test, wait for the results,
Then book for the GP.
even for a 4 year old kid.
Shameful

• Wow
  • Sad
I do NOT agree with this AT ALL.
Nope. Nope.

it’s a joke isn’t it, yeah, you need to ring the GP, get reffered for a test, wait for the results,
Then book for the GP.
even for a 4 year old kid.
Shameful
Jeez that is a joke a full PCR to see a GP :oops:
what happens if it's an urgent appointment ( like a worrying rash or something ) do they still make you wait for the results ?

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.