Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #106

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
3 positive LFTs in our house this morning, 1 neg (mine!)

Had our PCRs so just waiting on the results now. The 3 positives just have what I feel is bad colds so Im hoping its nothing more than that symptoms wise🤞

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I can't say what I feel about Sturgeon, it would get me into trouble.

How does the SNP manage to retain any support in Scotland? Yes, we in England has a sorry shower of tit in charge but the SNP seem to just automatically win every time no matter how appalling their actions?

Reactions: 9
How does the SNP manage to retain any support in Scotland? Yes, we in England has a sorry shower of tit in charge but the SNP seem to just automatically win every time no matter how appalling their actions?
Because if you're an independence supporter there is literally no alternative. But that's a debate for another thread.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
  • Haha
  • Heart
Currently out shopping on my lunch break. Lots of people not wearing masks. I can’t see them all putting them on from tomorrow

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Making me so sad to see all the Christmas parties and school nativity plays being cancelled or not allowing many people to come. I can see why people are scared and I think bringing back some preventive measures are fine but we're going to lose out on another Christmas and I feel devastated at that.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I can't say what I feel about Sturgeon, it would get me into trouble.

Majority of the country is anti tory. A vote for labour in my constituency is a vote for the Tories 😭 theyre all shite is my take on it.

How does the SNP manage to retain any support in Scotland?
Because it preys on the braveheart mentality, it's all sentiment over anything quantifiable. So many people will automatically hate down south and blame them for anything going wrong.

It's pretty toxic that they have so much support regardless. But I admire how they've managed to rebrand themselves away from the thugs and Torys in kilts and win over so many of the younger generation, even if it's to their detriment.

There was a SNP thread here and it was full of people repeating SNP propaganda despite the claims not really adding up to scrutiny. 😆 Like people praising the "world leading" alcohol measures by the SNP, which they only have because Scotland leads the world for alcohol measures. But I guess it sounds good if you only show half of the picture.

England has probably played it well to now introduce masks to give the illusion of doing something. If there's that many cases in Scotland adding the 8 day test isn't going to make much difference.

Reactions: 7
So funny that the SNP is so anti-Brexit when the majority of their Brexit arguments can be applied to independence.

Reactions: 7
So funny that the SNP is so anti-Brexit when the majority of their Brexit arguments can be applied to independence.
It's all about sentiment and history. Their constant complaints about being a "voice that's never heard" in the UK. How loud are they expecting to be in the EU?

Reactions: 4
It's all about sentiment and history. Their constant complaints about being a "voice that's never heard" in the UK. How loud are they expecting to be in the EU?
They are basically an anti-Tory protest group but are actively preventing the Tories from being voted out of office. I feel for them because it does absolutely suck that we are under Tory rule for so long but where does it stop?? Yorkshire didn't vote for the Tories so they should also go independent?? London should break away from the Union for the same reason?

There are also a lot of Conservative voters in Scotland. An independent Scotland could quite easily elect a Scottish Conservative government if they go independent.

Reactions: 2
92FA9B25-BCE3-47CD-AFC4-B35296D26886.jpeg

I take it it’s boosters for everyone including kids as they’ve mentioned the school link earlier

Even if every single constituency in Scotland returned a Labour MP the Conservatives would still have a majority in Westminster. So Scotland cant do anything about Westminster unfortunately.

Ive always voted Labour, at every election both General and Holyrood since I was old enough to vote. My partner is the same. Last time I voted SNP. Id never admit it publicly to people I know as I dont want to be lumped in with the Braveheart brigade.

I live in an area with high levels of deprivation, I see daily what things like the UC cuts do. My job also has me dealing with benefits daily.

For me all political parties are liars. I looked at the policies which are being brought to the table and vote based on that. What suits me and what I'll benefit from its all I can do.

My local authority has a real mix of political parties in regards to councillors. I emailed every one last year about the same issue and wasnt overly enthralled with any of the replies but some were much worse than others.

There are also a lot of Conservative voters in Scotland. An independent Scotland could quite easily elect a Scottish Conservative government if they go independent.
In an independent Scotland people could vote for whatever party they liked, and if that’s a Conservative party then that’s what it is. Too many people think that a vote for SNP now means SNP forever - we have no idea what political parties would emerge in an Indy Scotland. You can support independence and not support the SNP.

Someone I spent a couple hours with on Saturday (indoors) has tested positive this morning. What are the chances of me catching it and how quickly will I know? (I know 5-7 days is the average incubation just seeking others experiences?)

Someone I spent a couple hours with on Saturday (indoors) has tested positive this morning. What are the chances of me catching it and how quickly will I know? (I know 5-7 days is the average incubation just seeking others experiences?)
There is no answer to this as it varies. Keep an eye if you develop symptoms and maybe do an LFT to begin with? As a close contact it is probably sensible to do an LFT/PCR.

I’m just petrified of testing positive in a week, having to isolate for 10 days and miss my Christmas do and taking kids to see santa and then kids/husband testing positive a week after and us missing our pre Xmas week away and possibly isolating over Christmas itself. It’s just bleeping tit!!!

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.