Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #106

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is this a parody? Are you seriously thinking of a jab after a stroke ? Please please think about this . This virus is now so mild , please please think about it
I served a elderly gentleman at work last week he had not left his house for over a year... He had his 2 jabs and was having blood issues, his blood wasn't clotting right so if he cut himself he would just keep bleeding.... They tested him for cancer turned out it was his vaccines had thinned his blood, he was that relieved he didn't have cancer he came out shopping.... Yet was sad as he can't have his booster yet as it isn't safe for him what with his issues after his first 2 jabs, the hospital told him to wait..
That makes me so Sad, someone's health is damaged due to a vaccine, but they would rather risk another jab because the media and the government have drummed it into people that getting covid is a death sentence, sadly for some it is and that is heartbreaking, but far more survive (even though they never report the numbers of that)

For the poster who is concerned about their booster after blood clots and mini stroke..... just research (not from msm or places like here) look into it more, wait a bit, even speak to your GP if possible about your concerns but don't feel pressured into having the booster or not having it, it ultimately has to be your choice.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
This will piss you off then.

Meanwhile at Westminster today. Bojo, with half of the cabinet having a lunch do. Not a mask in sight, but kids have to wear them at school and we're mandated to wear them from tomorrow, or fined

Translation... one rule for thee and another for me
That's why they settled on Tuesday, should have been today but they had this gathering planned 🙄

The rules for schools don’t make any sense (this is in Scotland). After a funeral last week I went to a hotel for the usual tea/coffee/sandwiches and there was about 250 people in a room all sat at tables like that picture with no masks on.. But the poor school kids have to sit at their desks with masks on all day?! 🤯
Our school in England is masks again tomorrow but only when moving round the school (secondary) no masks in junior or infants.

Still zero covid cases in our school since July and theyve said around a quarter of the children were vaccinated. Theres 1500 pupils in the school in total

That's why they settled on Tuesday, should have been today but they had this gathering planned 🙄
But nothing changes about this gathering tomorrow, you don’t need a mask at hospitality venues.

I think it’s more to give a working day to plan 😂

Been in London today for work 90% wearing masks on the train and tube

Reactions: 2
But nothing changes about this gathering tomorrow, you don’t need a mask at hospitality venues.

Forgot that it doesn't include hospitality 🙈

Havent seen anyone in masks today other than people I work with.

Reactions: 1
What's the alternative since the Tory's are mainly continuing with the privatisation that labour started us off down the path of?

I'm not from the UK, but I do think there's an odd sentiment around the NHS. It really isn't the envy of the world, maybe of the developing world. But it's not great in western standards. And the alternative isn't the next worst aka the us system (which in fairness is amazing if you've got good cover). Countries like France or Canada should be an inspiration.
The alternative is Labour because Labour of now is not New Labour of 1997. It's been 24 years since Blair was elected and 11 since Brown left office. Labour may have started some form of privatisation in the NHS but the party is a completely different beast now especially after the Corbyn years.

There is definitely an alternative out there and I hope that the British people will vote for it one day.

• Haha
Reactions: 3

Which is why the rule makes no sense, but also they should lead by example as they're always telling us to avoid large crowds

This is another good picture.

Nadhim Zahawi at The Teaching Awards - all those hundreds of teachers!
Teachers being told by people like Zahawi to mask kids in communal areas and that parents can't sit and watch a Nativity.

What's the difference?

Attachments

• Angry
Reactions: 11
At least they are taking it quite seriously and monitoring things closely-it’s when they play something down and say it’ll all be fine that shortly after they do a u turn and it’s a total shitshow!!

I’m just petrified of testing positive in a week, having to isolate for 10 days and miss my Christmas do and taking kids to see santa and then kids/husband testing positive a week after and us missing our pre Xmas week away and possibly isolating over Christmas itself. It’s just bleeping tit!!!
What you're doing here is catastrophising, grounding techniques may help. Fingers crossed you and your family don't get it

My children's school have asked that we wear masks on the school grounds now.
My children’s school said the same on Friday. Today the head teacher was stood at the gates handing out masks to anyone who didn’t have one. Christmas concerts and nativity plays are to be shown via video link with no parents in attendance too. It’s boiling my piss now, watching a video is not the same as going to see it in person. Kids plays are always a bit tit but it was all part of the build up to Christmas for me. Parents evening was originally going to be face to face but is now going to be done via zoom.

At what point are we going to treat it like flu and learn to live along side it? I don’t want to live like this anymore. I just don’t see the point. I’ve complied with all the restrictions but now I’m getting tired.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
My children’s school said the same on Friday. Today the head teacher was stood at the gates handing out masks to anyone who didn’t have one. Christmas concerts and nativity plays are to be shown via video link with no parents in attendance too. It’s boiling my piss now, watching a video is not the same as going to see it in person. Kids plays are always a bit tit but it was all part of the build up to Christmas for me. Parents evening was originally going to be face to face but is now going to be done via zoom.

At what point are we going to treat it like flu and learn to live along side it? I don’t want to live like this anymore. I just don’t see the point. I’ve complied with all the restrictions but now I’m getting tired.
Mine said from the off it would be a virtual one, our school is still in bubbles 😳 it never stopped local public health have insisted despite having lower rates than the national average.

why can’t I sit in a school hall social distanced wearing a mask if insisted but can go to Manchester arena with 20,000 others. There is no sense.

Reactions: 13

We're not even getting Christmas plays anymore. Initially we were told they were going ahead, but with no parents allowed and a video would be sent out. We've now been told there will be no plays. Instead the classes are going back into bubbles and they are going to sing just one song, which will be videoed. They've been practicing the plays for weeks. Such a waste of time and effort.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
Not heard from school about if the play is still going ahead. I still don't know my eldests part and it's next Wed! 😅

and there we go, my upcoming 20 Dec eye hospital appointment booked about 2 months ago just vaporised and has been pushed back to february 🤡 . I expect that will just get postponed and postponed again. Back in November 2019 they decided I needed eye surgery to stop me going blind, it was all set for March 2020 when they panicked and binned everything off, only in September 2021 did they finally get around to seeing me again for the same condition.

conversion of "National Health Service" to "National Covid Only, Nothing Else Matters Service" back on track :rolleyes:

thanks Sajid and Nadhim, and WHO and Omicron ... I'll just quietly go blind then :mad: ... meanwhile we tap our fingers on the table waiting for someone with actual Omicron symptoms to come forward, so far all the news reports of people with it seem to be asymptomatic and only know they've got it because a random test says so 🤷‍♂️

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 28

About 70K people died of Covid since the beginning of the year in the UK. 16K between end of June and now. A bad year for the flu it's about 30K deaths. We are not yet here to consider covid like the flu. That's the whole problem but I do think we will get there. We are all tired.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.