Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #106

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nicola will have everyone locked in their homes by tea time 😂
don't, still not seen my son, his partner or four of my grandchildren since about 4mths before covid every time we plan something comes up.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
don't, still not seen my son, his partner or four of my grandchildren since about 4mths before covid every time we plan something comes up.
I was meant to go yesterday but there’s been no trains since Friday evening due to the storm and a massive clear up exercise (not really being reported though coz it’s not London 😆)

Reactions: 5
No travel history community transmission

I bet it’s come from the UK it’s a cesspit and Africa is getting the blame 😂 it’s been here for ages and being carried throughout the EU

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1
6 Omicron cases in Scotland 😫 what’s the betting Nicola shuts everything down again by next weekend!?

Reactions: 2

"Although scientists can’t control many confounding variables in human populations, they can in animal studies. Researchers led by microbiologist Kwok-Yung Yuen at the University of Hong Kong housed infected and healthy hamsters in adjoining cages, with surgical-mask partitions separating some of the animals. Without a barrier, about two-thirds of the uninfected animals caught SARS-CoV-2, according to the paper published in May. But only about 25% of the animals protected by mask material got infected, and those that did were less sick than their mask-free neighbours (as measured by clinical scores and tissue changes). "

• Sick
Reactions: 5

"Although scientists can’t control many confounding variables in human populations, they can in animal studies. Researchers led by microbiologist Kwok-Yung Yuen at the University of Hong Kong housed infected and healthy hamsters in adjoining cages, with surgical-mask partitions separating some of the animals. Without a barrier, about two-thirds of the uninfected animals caught SARS-CoV-2, according to the paper published in May. But only about 25% of the animals protected by mask material got infected, and those that did were less sick than their mask-free neighbours (as measured by clinical scores and tissue changes). "
Just adding this here too. 😅

Reactions: 3
Already had messages from my daugthers activites recommending parents wear facemasks in the waiting areas again.

So pissed off. Sick of this way of life (don't worry I am ok just frustrated). Covid is here and we don't know enough about it and that is scary. But I have found the uncertainty that we are living more frightening and upsetting now than the virus.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.