Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #106

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
😦 I am getting suspicious that this is what UK government want to do with health care :(
Tories want to privatise it. That's been clear since before 2010. Stop voting those fuckers in. Our quality of life has gone down significantly since David Cameron was elected and only laptops and smart phones becoming more available has somehow masked that for most people, tricking them into thinking there's been some kind of progress.

Reactions: 14
Tories want to privatise it. That's been clear since before 2010. Stop voting those fuckers in. Our quality of life has gone down significantly since David Cameron was elected and only laptops and smart phones becoming more available has somehow masked that for most people, tricking them into thinking there's been some kind of progress.
I agree. At first I thought fair play, too dangerous to be face to face at the dawn of the pandemic but we keep hearing now how worried people are trying to call surgeries hundreds of times even to only get a phone appointment, it's like they have got away with that for so long they won't go back to face to face, yet if you go urgent care and it's not urgent they redirect to GP who say "don't come here". I was naive at first but I don't see them making GP appointments accessible again ☹ What a mess.

Reactions: 2
Two colleagues down with Covid at my work. Took an LFT this morning and negative thankfully. They were saying on the news there's going to be a another 'pingdemic' so I can imagine massive disruption to work forces over the Winter months unless they declare this variant is nothing majorly serious.

JVT/Penfold from Dangermouse giving another one of his patronising analogies there comparing the situation to a football match in the hope that that will help the silly little people better understand things.
Using football ana
Two colleagues down with Covid at my work. Took an LFT this morning and negative thankfully. They were saying on the news there's going to be a another 'pingdemic' so I can imagine massive disruption to work forces over the Winter months unless they declare this variant is nothing majorly serious.
It’s not. It’s mild . It’s muscle ache snd a slight cough. No one has died or even needed oxygen in South Africa. It’s a monstrous overreaction to get more boosters in arms.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Really bleeping raging about having to wear a mask at work again from tomorrow. I know there’s nothing I can do but tbh that just makes it worse. Insult to injury further when my nauseating bosses have posted a cringeworthy post of them in masks we sell telling everyone to wear them to keep eachother safe! Translation… give us more profit and buy our tit.

Get in the bleeping bin.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Using football ana

It’s not. It’s mild . It’s muscle ache snd a slight cough. No one has died or even needed oxygen in South Africa. It’s a monstrous overreaction to get more boosters in arms.
I can imagine they'll look back in 20 years time and see the whole thing from March 2020 was an overreaction and think 'WTF were they doing'

Reactions: 11
Really bleeping raging about having to wear a mask at work again from tomorrow. I know there’s nothing I can do but tbh that just makes it worse. Insult to injury further when my nauseating bosses have posted a cringeworthy post of them in masks we sell telling everyone to wear them to keep eachother safe! Translation… give us more profit and buy our tit.

Get in the bleeping bin.
This will piss you off then.

Meanwhile at Westminster today. Bojo, with half of the cabinet having a lunch do. Not a mask in sight, but kids have to wear them at school and we're mandated to wear them from tomorrow, or fined

Translation... one rule for thee and another for me

Attachments

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
My 15 year old is now double jabbed. His decision and I'm ok with that. My 13 year old daughter wants hers but she had covid 3 weeks ago so not an option for her at the moment. I'm still unable to book my booster despite been CEV. It just tells me I'm not eligible. Still unsure if I want it though as don't know if it was the vaccines that caused my blood clots and my mini stroke. Just don't know what to do to be honest
I feel the same as you! I had a bad reaction to the second jab, I take immunosuppressive injections weekly and a week after second jab had the worse arthritis flare up in years! I' ve been reading here and friends and family telling me they had a different jab for their booster and everyone I know has been Ill after, not hospitalised though! Im supposed to have my booster now but I'm putting it off! I
Also have really bad anxiety since I got my text, there's no chance of speaking with a Dr about it so was going to talk to my pharmacist but I know he's going to say I should have it!😟

• Sad
Reactions: 6
What's the alternative since the Tory's are mainly continuing with the privatisation that labour started us off down the path of?

I'm not from the UK, but I do think there's an odd sentiment around the NHS. It really isn't the envy of the world, maybe of the developing world. But it's not great in western standards. And the alternative isn't the next worst aka the us system (which in fairness is amazing if you've got good cover). Countries like France or Canada should be an inspiration.

Reactions: 5
This will piss you off then.

Meanwhile at Westminster today. Bojo, with half of the cabinet having a lunch do. Not a mask in sight, but kids have to wear them at school and we're mandated to wear them from tomorrow, or fined

Translation... one rule for thee and another for me
The rules for schools don’t make any sense (this is in Scotland). After a funeral last week I went to a hotel for the usual tea/coffee/sandwiches and there was about 250 people in a room all sat at tables like that picture with no masks on.. But the poor school kids have to sit at their desks with masks on all day?! 🤯

Reactions: 8
The AZ doesn't offer as much protection that's why they're mixing them
Oh well another reason I'm pleased I never got any of them as we now know they don't last,
let's hope for the people who have got the vaccines that the long term use is safe and that there is no danger from them mixing vaccines, as no doubt it will become a 6 monthly or yearly jab for people as covid is here for a long time if not forever now.

Reactions: 5
Oh well another reason I'm pleased I never got any of them as we now know they don't last,
let's hope for the people who have got the vaccines that the long term use is safe and that there is no danger from them mixing vaccines, as no doubt it will become a 6 monthly or yearly jab for people as covid is here for a long time if not forever now.
Well I hope so if we're not all wiped out in the process.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.