Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #105

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Last lockdown pretty much every parent suddenly declared they were key workers. I know my colleagues said lockdown 1 there was only 2 or 3 kids per class in. Come the last lockdown there were 20+ key worker kids. I imagine if they shut schools again then even more kids would be in
Our Secondary made a list of key worker and children allowed in and didnt stray from that.

Children who were Senco, looked after children, those on free school dinners and anyone whose parents were Teachers, Nursery Workers, Food retail, NHS workers, Emergency Service workers and essential factory workers were allowed.

Anyone else had to stay at home and they were quite strict with it. If you turned down the place to begin with, you couldn't take it up again at a later date.

Since September, we have no cases at the school. Theyve also removed all masks, plastic screens and social distancing

• Wow
Reactions: 2
That awful but tbh it's the public health agency to blame if the child has cold like symptoms they're not asked to test ,nor if they're a close contact ( where i live ) the schools are then putting pressure on parents over absenteeism I've just saw there's 43% of primary school kids testing pos where I am it's a joke but not all down to parents .

At the rate things are going I don't think they'll need to pretend , I see they're now saying the UK vaccinated too early and they won't get boosters out in time ...you can't win .
I had my first jab in january and my booster nearly 2 weeks ago. My husband wont have his till after christmas!

Reactions: 1
I had my first jab in january and my booster nearly 2 weeks ago. My husband wont have his till after christmas!
It's 6 months after the second dose is that right ? I should've had mine this month but our GP practice has only started doing the flu jabs they don't know when the boosters will be rolled out they haven't even started giving the immunocompromised their 3rd dose either .

It's 6 months after the second dose is that right ? I should've had mine this month but our GP practice has only started doing the flu jabs they don't know when the boosters will be rolled out they haven't even started giving the immunocompromised their 3rd dose either .
Yer 6 months after the 2nd. Here we are getting boosters and flujabs at the same time!
Crazy how its not the same all over the country!

Reactions: 2
Yer 6 months after the 2nd. Here we are getting boosters and flujabs at the same time!
Crazy how its not the same all over the country!
They can't do it here most people had AZ as a first and 2nd dose so have to be monitored for the 15mins as it's Pfizer they'll be getting as a booster so to accomodate more people getting the flu jab they decided not to give them together as the venue isn't big enough .

Question!

Woke up with another sore throat today. No other symptoms right now so hoping its a cold again 🤞 If symptoms get worse I'll order a PCR.

Im not sure how it is for everyone but in my nhs trust if anyone in your house is positive they make you isolate from work for 10 days. Nothing to do with being double jabbed etc so you could still go out and about just not come to work.
Im not NHS but is the same for my workplace

Here we go again!!

Covid-19: New mutation of Delta variant under close watch in UK https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-58965650
Hopefully the prof's words that they quote are heeded by the media (and not just quoted as filler).
Something of a tiny forlorn hope but it's always possible...
"At this stage I would say wait and see, don't panic. It might be slightly, subtly more transmissible but it is not something absolutely disastrous like we saw previously."

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Tbh I don’t think they have a clue what the new variant will bring, if it will even bring anything 😂 it’ll be used as ammo for all the more reason to cancel autumn/winter/school/pubs/events etc etc etc

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Tbh I don’t think they have a clue what the new variant will bring, if it will even bring anything 😂 it’ll be used as ammo for all the more reason to cancel autumn/winter/school/pubs/events etc etc etc
You could always wrangle a ticket for Ireland’s all seater disco 🕺🤭

:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I wonder is it being picked up in the school kids, remember Alpha 🤔

Large study on over 22 million people finds that vaccines cut severe Covid risk by 90%.

“Vaccination reduces the risk of dying or being hospitalised with Covid-19 by 90%, a French study of 22.6 million people over the age of 50 has found.
The research published on Monday also found that vaccines appear to protect against the worst effects of the most prevalent virus strain, the Delta variant.”

• Heart
Reactions: 7
If it’s been six months since your second dose you can book online without waiting for Gp To contact you. This worked for me six months to the date after 2nd dose. My GP Surgery have been hopeless with jab roll out so I was glad to discover this!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.