Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #105

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Large study on over 22 million people finds that vaccines cut severe Covid risk by 90%.

“Vaccination reduces the risk of dying or being hospitalised with Covid-19 by 90%, a French study of 22.6 million people over the age of 50 has found.
The research published on Monday also found that vaccines appear to protect against the worst effects of the most prevalent virus strain, the Delta variant.”

Wow, those are pretty amazing figures

Wow, those are pretty amazing figures
It is quite impressive and even more so that data set is so large too! What I found really interesting was this part -

“The vaccines’ effectiveness in combatting the most serious symptoms of Covid did not diminish during the five-month period of the study, they said. The results were the same no matter whether the patient was given the Pfizer/BioNTech, Moderna or Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine.”

Reactions: 4
Large study on over 22 million people finds that vaccines cut severe Covid risk by 90%.

“Vaccination reduces the risk of dying or being hospitalised with Covid-19 by 90%, a French study of 22.6 million people over the age of 50 has found.
The research published on Monday also found that vaccines appear to protect against the worst effects of the most prevalent virus strain, the Delta variant.”

Based on 4 weeks of the Delta varient !

As long as you keep taking them and that’s not happening according to the latest charts

If it’s been six months since your second dose you can book online without waiting for Gp To contact you. This worked for me six months to the date after 2nd dose. My GP Surgery have been hopeless with jab roll out so I was glad to discover this!
Thanks but it doesn’t apply where I am there’s no roll out happening yet.

If we go to plan B that's me done. With the days getting wetter, colder and darker I will just hibernate and stop spending money in the likes of hospitality venues as I CBA showing proof every time I want to go in a new venue and they discriminate. It's bonkers someone is talking about a plan B+ that sounds like stay at home again.

Reactions: 5
To be brutally honest (and I'm not advocating this) you could show the barcode from a tin of baked beans to most of the bozos who check vaccination status on doors. In order for vaccine passports to work they need to be scanned. I've had to show my barcode at a few venues but nobody has ever scanned it

• Haha
To be brutally honest (and I'm not advocating this) you could show the barcode from a tin of baked beans to most of the bozos who check vaccination status on doors. In order for vaccine passports to work they need to be scanned. I've had to show my barcode at a few venues but nobody has ever scanned it
Please someone try it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
We won't go into another lockdown now the furlough system has finished and there is no support for people who can't work, however I feel the government should revisit masks and social distancing, and businesses should start restricting numbers allowed on their premises and home working if possible - all this in the light of the really high community transmission rates.

I work in a primary healthcare setting (optometry) and am fed up with running the gauntlet with people who don't wish to wear masks,or are not mask exempt, we are the same rules as docters, hospital appointments ect but the verbal abuse we are recieving 10 X plus a day is abhorrent!! When did then general public get so rude and selfish!!

• Heart
We won't go into another lockdown now the furlough system has finished and there is no support for people who can't work, however I feel the government should revisit masks and social distancing, and businesses should start restricting numbers allowed on their premises and home working if possible - all this in the light of the really high community transmission rates.

I work in a primary healthcare setting (optometry) and am fed up with running the gauntlet with people who don't wish to wear masks,or are not mask exempt, we are the same rules as docters, hospital appointments ect but the verbal abuse we are recieving 10 X plus a day is abhorrent!! When did then general public get so rude and selfish!!
Masks and social distancing will likely finish a load of businesses off if it happens. They're still recovering from last year. No wonder people don't want to go into hospitality with the messaging already creeping in about restrictions and lockdowns. (Not saying they're coming from you BTW I meant the media)

Reactions: 2
The rare sub varient has been found in Israel in an 11yr old boy returning from Europe .I bet that's what's driving the school transmission it's the worst we've seen schools .

I've done what was asked of me and had 3 vaccines. I had covid in August so my immunity therefore should be pretty good. I will not be wearing a facemask again and that's that really 🤣. I don't like them, they make me feel panicked. If I'm not immune enough or whatever then I never will be lol

Reactions: 9
View attachment 819080This letter was shared in my asthma group and there were a few posts on here a few days ago. So the booster and the 3rd vaccine are not the same thing. If you get a 3rd vaccine you then get a booster on top 6 months later?
surely they'd be better giving the different vaccine as a third dose if that's giving a better antibody response :unsure:

View attachment 819080This letter was shared in my asthma group and there were a few posts on here a few days ago. So the booster and the 3rd vaccine are not the same thing. If you get a 3rd vaccine you then get a booster on top 6 months later?
Honestly not sure of how chemically the booster and the 3 injection are different. I think research has suggest for a while that immunocompromised people should have 3 doses for a primary vaccination course rather than 2 like most people, but you should have probably been give that sooner than now.

I think the difference between a booster shot and a 3rd vaccine is that the booster is an additional dose of the vaccine given after the protection of the initial first two doses begins to wane.

The 3rd vaccine is for those who have weakened immune systems/immunosuppressed who did not have a strong enough response/protection from the first 2 doses.

The media really stirring up a lockdown.

I have no faith we take the minor steps we need and will probably end up with lockdown.
I'm so angry have kids at home 2 remote learning other 2 poorly.
We all had by some miracle negative covid tests.

But the inaccurate pcr tests had huge effect on our region and schools.
Wish half term was 2 weeks.

The media really stirring up a lockdown.

I have no faith we take the minor steps we need and will probably end up with lockdown.
I'm so angry have kids at home 2 remote learning other 2 poorly.
We all had by some miracle negative covid tests.

But the inaccurate pcr tests had huge effect on our region and schools.
Wish half term was 2 weeks.
I again wouldn't be following LD rules this time - it was not good for my mental state one bit especially living alone. I'd be surprised how many people would actually listen.

This whole thing has been a media led pandemic. They can't scaremonger the panic buying at the moment so they've switched back to covid drama instead 😀.

The news said people who've lost someone to covid will follow the rules.....well I have and I've done all the necessary vaccines etc too so yeah no more for me now lol

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.