Post pandemic Halloween/Christmas, what’s the plan?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We all know last year was legally cancelled by both Boris and SAGE member, Bette Midler

but is anyone putting restrictions on their own celebration’s this Halloween/Christmas/New Years?

Or is it pretty much back to normal for you?
with trick or treating/family get togethers/nights out etc?

Reactions: 2
Completely back to normal for us, we have quite a bit planned over the next few months that would have been frowned upon a year ago 😂

Reactions: 3
We don't have family in our province so typically it is just the two of us at Christmas which I don't mind. We go to the ballet on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day is really lazy.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Back to normal for us. Although we did go trick or treating last year, and while we were out, we left sweets out for the neighbours and hand sanitiser 😂
I am due a week before Christmas, so not too sure what’s happening, but after last years shambolic cancelling which saw us in tier 4 have our Christmas cancelled on the 19th December, we will be seeing family no matter what. We’ve been double jabbed, maybe even triple by Christmas.

Back to normal, we have booked to go to centerparcs with our family to celebrate the week before Christmas which I’m really looking forward to. Also looking forward to experiencing the lead up of activities out and about a bit more - fireworks, Christmas parties. So much fun.

Halloween we are going to a friends costume party. I love this time of year so I’m really happy it’s looking like we are going to get to enjoy it again.

Back to normal here and have been for most of the time. I shielded for I think around two mths but then gave up

I am hoping we can have a proper Christmas as normally do the homeless thing all over the Christmas period as I hate Christmas but so look forward to volunteering as it stops me from thinking about myself and I meet so many interesting people.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Halloween is back to normal here I can't believe they're letting 150,000 + people gather in our town ,the fair is coming and fireworks are due to start at 9.00pm the only issue is people think it's too late for the younger kids ,they may change the time .I'll Cross the Christmas bridge when I come to it I like to live in the moment at present .

Reactions: 1
Totally normal here, Halloween kids party this weekend. Trick or treating etc on Halloween.

Invited family over for Christmas - last year proved life is to short and I missed the chaos and not having enough chairs 😂

• Heart
Back to normal for us. Shielded for 146 days last year and not putting our lives on hold a moment longer.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Team Back to Normal here too. Can’t wait for trick or treating and to see family over Christmas.

• Heart
All normal here, halloween party booked and trick or treating planned as well!

Christmas day will be just us at home then boxing day family party 😀 bring the normal on!

Normality rules here too! If the last 20 months have taught us anything, it’s that life too short! 💕

• Heart
Don't celebrate Halloween but Xmas back to normal regardless of whether restrictions are bought in or not.

I was put in tier 4 19th December and had the rest Christmas of my life. So I am celebrating this year regardless

We always had a lot of neighbouring kids come round trick or treating, because we always dress up and make it spooky and the kids love it, but I don’t know if it’s a good idea to restart it yet. Seems like a good way to spread Covid.

I’ve only got Christmas Day itself off but I’m working all the other days, and most of our family live in other parts of the country so this year it’ll just be me, SweetSummerHusband and the two (grown) kids.

Bonfire nights been cancelled in our town again this year, hopefully Christmas markets will be back on and I’ll be celebrating Christmas Day with my extended family whether they put us in another lockdown or not, over it.

Christmas will be normal for me.
I was talking to someone a couple of weeks ago about when I went into my parents house on Boxing Day last year even though it was against the rules, then as soon as I said it realised how ridiculous it was that it wasn’t allowed 😂

Back to normal for us. We have a big family meet up on Christmas morning round one of my uncles with all my aunties, cousins, children etc to give presents and generally just to see each other. There's loads of us that go and it's absolute chaos. I am looking forward to it as obviously last year was the first year I can ever remember it not happening.

On the other hand though, part of me did enjoy the quiet christmas last year!

• Heart
Back to normal here too. We tend to not really do much for Halloween but Christmas will be a big family Christmas at ours this year to make up for the crap last couple of years. My family have all said they will not be following any more lockdowns anyway so Christmas is on regardless.

• Heart