Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #105

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Some schools have returned to remote learning ,how do healthworkers get to work if their kid has tested pos surely they can't send them to childcare facilities ? with school cases so high it's going to bring society to a standstill again if parents have to stay home to look after them.

Some schools have returned to remote learning ,how do healthworkers get to work if their kid has tested pos surely they can't send them to childcare facilities ? with school cases so high it's going to bring society to a standstill again if parents have to stay home to look after them.
It will go back to key worker children being allowed in school and all other children home learning.
Do they need to isolate if they've had their jab and are a close contact

• Sad
Reactions: 1
We won't ever get out of this unless they stop testing kids. It's so far beyond ridiculous at this point. Imagine if we behaved this way for a cold? You'd be lucky to have 10% attendance each day.

• Angry
Reactions: 19
It will go back to key worker children being allowed in school and all other children home learning.
You still have to isolate if you test pos regardless of vaccine status

Last lockdown pretty much every parent suddenly declared they were key workers. I know my colleagues said lockdown 1 there was only 2 or 3 kids per class in. Come the last lockdown there were 20+ key worker kids. I imagine if they shut schools again then even more kids would be in

Last lockdown pretty much every parent suddenly declared they were key workers. I know my colleagues said lockdown 1 there was only 2 or 3 kids per class in. Come the last lockdown there were 20+ key worker kids. I imagine if they shut schools again then even more kids would be in
Yea that's true. Someone I know put theirs into school even though she only needed him looked after for 1 or 2 hours and could of gone into her other half's office. He's self employed and takes him to the office after school a few times a week

If closing schools is the way to get more kids to turn up then I think we have stumbled upon the true purpose of the whole government response, it's actuslly a cunning ploy to tackle truancy.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’m sure normally at this time of year most school kids have a bug of some sorts. Difference is we are now testing them. It’s ridiculous.

Reactions: 10
I’m sure normally at this time of year most school kids have a bug of some sorts. Difference is we are now testing them. It’s ridiculous.
This. I always remember first term back at school people being ill and even in offices this time of year people being ill with colds!

Reactions: 3
Neil Ferguson was derided last year for his predictions of Covid deaths. I think he would have been proven right if we never had the vaccines, especially considering what our death rate from Covid currently stands at. He predicted between 400-500k deaths from Covid.

I work in a primary school with Absolutely no mitigations at all!! Kids are allowed in regardless of coughing and practically looking like death....our head is in complete denial....we have 8 confirmed cases but he still has done nothing, other schools in the area are advising classes to get PCR tests if there are more than 5 cases.....and implementing the bubble systems again.....what is concerning me now is we are seeing parents testing positive with some becoming very poorly......the head teacher is blaming the parents for infecting the children!!! I am at my wits end now with him and have contacted my union rep.....I look after my vulnerable dad and am terrified of giving him it, he has already had it and is double jabbed but you can never be too careful!! I am just horrified that people just don't seem to care about other people now! Sending your poor child into school in reception when they are clearly poorly and coughing their little lungs up just doesn't make sense to me....even in the days before covid!! Or we have parents keeping one child off....not getting them tested even though they have symptoms and sending their siblings into school.....the guidelines have changed in our area and all households are having to isolate and be tested after 5 days if there is a positive case in the house?? It feels like the world has gone mad!! Sorry for the long rant but another parent has tested positive today and I am truly fed up!!

Reactions: 5
Im not sure how it is for everyone but in my nhs trust if anyone in your house is positive they make you isolate from work for 10 days. Nothing to do with being double jabbed etc so you could still go out and about just not come to work.

Reactions: 4
Im not sure how it is for everyone but in my nhs trust if anyone in your house is positive they make you isolate from work for 10 days. Nothing to do with being double jabbed etc so you could still go out and about just not come to work.
Oh right ,that's even worse if there's such high prevelance they'll be nobody to treat people

Oh right ,that's even worse if there's such high prevelance they'll be nobody to treat people
I can see it hitting us over christmas. Even saying to work youve been a contact puts you off for 10 days, how many people will try it on to get christmas off!

Reactions: 4
I work in a primary school with Absolutely no mitigations at all!! Kids are allowed in regardless of coughing and practically looking like death....our head is in complete denial....we have 8 confirmed cases but he still has done nothing, other schools in the area are advising classes to get PCR tests if there are more than 5 cases.....and implementing the bubble systems again.....what is concerning me now is we are seeing parents testing positive with some becoming very poorly......the head teacher is blaming the parents for infecting the children!!! I am at my wits end now with him and have contacted my union rep.....I look after my vulnerable dad and am terrified of giving him it, he has already had it and is double jabbed but you can never be too careful!! I am just horrified that people just don't seem to care about other people now! Sending your poor child into school in reception when they are clearly poorly and coughing their little lungs up just doesn't make sense to me....even in the days before covid!! Or we have parents keeping one child off....not getting them tested even though they have symptoms and sending their siblings into school.....the guidelines have changed in our area and all households are having to isolate and be tested after 5 days if there is a positive case in the house?? It feels like the world has gone mad!! Sorry for the long rant but another parent has tested positive today and I am truly fed up!!
That awful but tbh it's the public health agency to blame if the child has cold like symptoms they're not asked to test ,nor if they're a close contact ( where i live ) the schools are then putting pressure on parents over absenteeism I've just saw there's 43% of primary school kids testing pos where I am it's a joke but not all down to parents .

I can see it hitting us over christmas. Even saying to work youve been a contact puts you off for 10 days, how many people will try it on to get christmas off!
At the rate things are going I don't think they'll need to pretend , I see they're now saying the UK vaccinated too early and they won't get boosters out in time ...you can't win .

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.