Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #104

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Feeling very nervous right now! Double jabbed (as of 6 days ago!) and should have immunity as I had covid about 3 months ago. But woken up with a very sore roof of my mouth this morning and a bit of a runny nose. Going to do a lft just to be on the safe side!
I’m sure it’s just a cold! My husband has a cough, abs feels a bit crappy. He’s negative on LFT tests but has gone for a PCR this morning. Probably just a cold picked up from the kids but better to be on the safe side as we have CEV family members and work colleagues.

Reactions: 1
I’m sure it’s just a cold! My husband has a cough, abs feels a bit crappy. He’s negative on LFT tests but has gone for a PCR this morning. Probably just a cold picked up from the kids but better to be on the safe side as we have CEV family members and work colleagues.
Fingers crossed for him! I'm hoping it is too because my temps fine, smell and taste fine! And no symptoms like I had when I did have covid.
Also today is bang on 90 days since I tested positive so could still (unlikely I know!) be a false positive.
Almost wish there was a test for the cold 😂 make life easier going into winter!

Reactions: 2
Went to my doctors surgery today for the first time since before covid. Was absolutely amazed that I got an appointment and that they called me in rather than a telephone appointment. It was booked on Monday after calling for some advice. Arrived to be told no GPs on site so I would just see a member of the clinical team. Was in and out in 3 minutes and no further on and still in pain. No prescription given just a post in note with a number to self refer to physio

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
People really do just swallow anything their told,
How long until numbers are “concerning” again,
How did the silver bullet, the OXFORD vaccine go from being the silver bullet to being the outcast of the vaccine world, is there any country using it anymore or is it just being passed off to poorer countries?

Any updates on the USA? Are they allowing entry with that vaccine?

it feels like brexit all over again, lie after lie after half truths 😐

Reactions: 10
many updates on the USA? Are they allowing entry with that vaccine?

it feels like brexit all over again, lie after lie after half truths 😐
To be fair the USA are letting in visitors with WHO approved vaccines (that includes AZ) and those having a medical trial vaccine that aren’t approved as well. On the face of it they are allowing a much bigger population to enter than most of mainland Europe are currently 😂

People really do just swallow anything their told,
How long until numbers are “concerning” again,
How did the silver bullet, the OXFORD vaccine go from being the silver bullet to being the outcast of the vaccine world, is there any country using it anymore or is it just being passed off to poorer countries?

Any updates on the USA? Are they allowing entry with that vaccine?
AstraZeneca is being used globally as a covid vaccine - is it an "outcast" just because the US aren't administering it?

AstraZeneca is being used globally as a covid vaccine - is it an "outcast" just because the US aren't administering it?
Germany, Italy, France, Spain, Denmark, Norway, and The Netherlands, Sweden and Latvia also not using it. Don’t think Ireland approves it either from memory.

Germany, Italy, France, Spain, Denmark, Norway, and The Netherlands, Sweden and Latvia also not using it. Don’t think Ireland approves it either from memory.
No time to verify all of that but Italy and Ireland both use Oxford/AZ as I know people who have received those vaccines from there and Germany have also used it.

Reactions: 6
Haven’t quite a large percentage of our (England) 40-65 population had 2 doses of AZ? I know all my relatives in that age range had that instead of Pfizer.

I thought the boosters were moving to Pfizer because it works better in Delta and since that’s now our dominant variant it makes sense.

No time to verify all of that but Italy and Ireland both use Oxford/AZ as I know people who have received those vaccines from there and Germany have also used it.
I’m not saying they’ve never used them. I think from March they paused using them because of all the concerns about them.

Haven’t quite a large percentage of our (England) 40-65 population had 2 doses of AZ? I know all my relatives in that age range had that instead of Pfizer.

I thought the boosters were moving to Pfizer because it works better in Delta and since that’s now our dominant variant it makes sense.
They have. Many countries changed their guidance on Astra Zeneca, most of them not offering it to under 50s. Some say under 60s. The U.K. says under 40s. Some countries decided not to continue using it all together.

Ireland ceased all deliveries on Astra Zeneca - knew I’d read something! I’ve included a MSM link because if it’s on there it must be true 😜

Last edited:
Here’s the link to the British Medical Journal talking about European countries that suspended use of AZ vaccines.

we don’t use it here anymore, the U.K. aren’t using it for the 3rd jab, Europe don’t seem to be using it much at all.

it seems to be the one no country trusts

nope, not used here. 😐
I noticed the U.K. have dropped calling it the OXFORD vaccine as well 😂😂

we don’t know her… 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine is being used in more countries than any of the other vaccines. Link included which shows up to date global outreach.

View attachment 775714View attachment 775715View attachment 775716
This must be outdated? I live in Canada and we stopped using AstraZeneca months ago due to safety worries. People who got their first AZ dose are now being giving pfizer/moderna as a new first and second dose so they're fully vaccinated. Pfizer and Moderna are both fully passed here in Canada. AZ is not.

This must be outdated? I live in Canada and we stopped using AstraZeneca months ago due to safety worries. People who got their first AZ dose are now being giving pfizer/moderna as a new first and second dose so they're fully vaccinated. Pfizer and Moderna are both fully passed here in Canada. AZ is not.
it’s the one being pawned off on theirs world countries now.

Nope we don’t. People who were due a second dose of Oxford were offered another option instead.

To be fair the USA are letting in visitors with WHO approved vaccines (that includes AZ) and those having a medical trial vaccine that aren’t approved as well. On the face of it they are allowing a much bigger population to enter than most of mainland Europe are currently 😂
I did wonder, they were questioning on sky news yesterday if it would be recognised that’s why I wondered

Anyone else with young kids where nurseries and pre-schools are being sensitive?

We’ve got a sore throat and slight cough in our house at the moment. I know it’s not COVID because I’ve got the same as the kids and have been doing negative lateral flow tests at home every day for a week. I’m just waiting for the nursery to tell me to keep the kids at home.

Canada did not get the Oxford AZ, we got the Covid Shield AZ and it is approved in Canada. It is in the US where the FDA did not approve AZ, even though they manufactured it. It is only when we finally got enough nonAZ vaccines, was it stopped being offered.

Anyone else with young kids where nurseries and pre-schools are being sensitive?

We’ve got a sore throat and slight cough in our house at the moment. I know it’s not COVID because I’ve got the same as the kids and have been doing negative lateral flow tests at home every day for a week. I’m just waiting for the nursery to tell me to keep the kids at home.
Nope my daughters in preschool/nursery and they’ve encouraged kids to come in even if they have the cold they said only need to keep off if positive covid test but not to worry about minor colds etc because if they’re well enough to go to school they should go! I asked them as I didn’t want to be that parent seen as irresponsible and they even gave me a leaflet to help identify when is ok for school and when isnt!

Reactions: 4
Canada did not get the Oxford AZ, we got the Covid Shield AZ and it is approved in Canada. It is in the US where the FDA did not approve AZ, even though they manufactured it. It is only when we finally got enough nonAZ vaccines, was it stopped being offered.
Ah I see. I didn't realise there are two types. Anyway someone I know got a blood clot after getting it and had to get their leg amputated.
Last week though Moderna and Pfizer received full approval which AZ does not have yet I believe?

It shows that it is as of 22nd September - I assume it means what has been used up to this date.

Covishield is a version of Oxford AstraZeneca I believe. I may be wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.