Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #104

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My lft was positive on sunday and then my PCR on tuesday confirmed that. I had no other symptomes except for stuffy nose too, on sunday I felt like I may get a headache so I took some paracetamol before bed and that’s it. It’s been five days so I guess it won’t get any worse now. 🤞🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 8
My lft was positive on sunday and then my PCR on tuesday confirmed that. I had no other symptomes except for stuffy nose too, on sunday I felt like I may get a headache so I took some paracetamol before bed and that’s it. It’s been five days so I guess it won’t get any worse now. 🤞🏼
Oh tit I hope it passes quickly for you.

I might get a PCR ordered to be on the safe side (annoyingly will have to lie to the NHS as they only let you order if you have any of the 3 traditional symptoms and don't acknowledge that different variants have different symptoms!)

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Is 'the worst cold ever' going around? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-58624295

I’ve noticed a fair few querying their illness lately thinking it’s covid but then the test coming back negative - saw this in the news so thought I’d share! Maybe help to know you’re not alone! It notes “protecting yourself isn't rocket science - it's a case of eating well, getting enough sleep and washing your hands regularly.”

Reactions: 12
Is 'the worst cold ever' going around? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-58624295

I’ve noticed a fair few querying their illness lately thinking it’s covid but then the test coming back negative - saw this in the news so thought I’d share! Maybe help to know you’re not alone! It notes “protecting yourself isn't rocket science - it's a case of eating well, getting enough sleep and washing your hands regularly.”
I said right at the beginning to watch out when people finally get back to normal because everyone will get a stinker of a cold and maybe a few of them in a row.

Reactions: 12
Just to update you. Common sense has prevailed. This unvaccinated person is being allowed to change hospitals. No idea what caused then to change their minds - think they finally realised that their bullying and threats were not going to work with me and i was going to hold firm regardless. (That or the fact Talk Radio were ready to expose them)

Power to the people ;)

• Heart
Reactions: 25

I have this. Waiting for pcr results.. I’m livid because my brother turned up very ill at the weekend 🤬

There are so many strains of the common cold, some are worse than others. Maybe its a bad one doing the rounds just. Whats annoying is people are probably getting their negative tests back and then heading out to spread their germs anyway as though can't spread other diseases. I'm not saying we need to do ridiculously strict or long self isolation every time we get sick but some people have no common sense to managing even minor illness.

Reactions: 15
There are so many strains of the common cold, some are worse than others. Maybe its a bad one doing the rounds just. Whats annoying is people are probably getting their negative tests back and then heading out to spread their germs anyway as though can't spread other diseases. I'm not saying we need to do ridiculously strict or long self isolation every time we get sick but some people have no common sense to managing even minor illness.
Yes, many will go about their business thinking it's ok as it's not covid, but a heavy cold is also capable of knocking out of action or even killing a vulnerable person.

Reactions: 11
Got a cold 10 days ago - did a pcr test as first I had a dry cough. What was interesting is that usually I have a cold more like in autumn/winter, not that early. And many people I know also got a cold (and some got covid). Kids also got quite sick end of spring/this summer, outside of the normal cold season. Somehow it is a good sign - it means we are catching with being in contact with "usual" viruses and make our immunity systems work.

Also I find interesting that many people are confused between a cold and the flu. I got the flu last time 6 years ago. Got terribly sick, lost 5kg (10% of my weight!) and took me a good time to feel again good. Now I get the flu jab as I have immunosuppressant drugs. But I would never say when I get a cold that I have the flu. Cold can make you a bit feverish, strong headaches, sore throats etc but it's much lighter. That's why I think when it was said at the beginning of the pandemia covid is like the flu, many people thought of a cold and didn't get what it could mean. And for now covid is still worse than the flu, but hopefully it will get the same or less strong.

People say to boost your immune system you need to eat healthy/exercise/sleep etc - which right! But we still have a strong pressure to not skip work we are sick and I think we forget that actually one/two days of rest can do wonders to let the immune system work instead of forcing yourself to go to work (pressure, losing money etc - not the fault of the people!) and being miserable and being sick longer - while being less productive and spreading the disease to the others.

Reactions: 6
Yes, many will go about their business thinking it's ok as it's not covid, but a heavy cold is also capable of knocking out of action or even killing a vulnerable person.
I understand exactly what you mean!! 😉

It's been like this since day dot....

Reactions: 4
Apparently there’s a really evil cold doing the rounds. We all felt crap at the weekend so I made us all get tests. All -
Feels like a bad bad cold but everyone assumes ‘Rona is the only thing that makes people ill now and forgets that other viruses and bugs are out there…

Reactions: 3
Apparently there’s a really evil cold doing the rounds. We all felt crap at the weekend so I made us all get tests. All -
Feels like a bad bad cold but everyone assumes ‘Rona is the only thing that makes people ill now and forgets that other viruses and bugs are out there…

I shared this 10 posts up. Good to see they’re acknowledging other viral illnesses and not just covid!

I also notice lots of people calling coronavirus the “c” word now. It’s really bugging me, probably more than it should, but isn’t the “c” word a phrase commonly used when referring to cancer

Reactions: 8
Oh my gosh and golly.

I wonder if the likes of Independent Sage will want them cancelled for saying it and come out and say a Dame and Sir who have gave most of their lives to Science are now conspiracy theorists not taking it seriously enough.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I went back to my choir after a year and a half of us being closed. 3 members who were so excited to come chose not to because they have cold symptoms, which shows at least for our group, people are more likely to stay away if they are under the weather rather than spread it, whereas before the pandemic we came to choir even if we were feeling ropey... there’ been a bit of a culture shift there.

Reactions: 7
Reactions: 5
At the start of the pandemic, it was said that all other pandemics have only lasted about 2 years.
Yea I know that and remember it well; I’m just shocked to see a report about coronavirus predictions that isn’t scary and deadly for a change.

I tested positive yesterday (5 days after my son).

I had achy thighs and a bit of an upset belly for about 4 days before testing positive, wondering now if that was the start?

I’m 35, single vaccinated. Please tell me some positive stories if you have had it! Also when did it peak for you? When was the worst day?x

I tested positive yesterday (5 days after my son).

I had achy thighs and a bit of an upset belly for about 4 days before testing positive, wondering now if that was the start?

I’m 35, single vaccinated. Please tell me some positive stories if you have had it! Also when did it peak for you? When was the worst day?x
I had Covid in December 2020, wish I could share a positive side to it but it was a long few months for me - this was without having had the vaccine.

I do know people who have recovered after a week or two, so hopefully you should start feeling better too. Wishing you a speedy recovery and hope your son is doing okay too. Take care.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.