Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #104

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
NI is and has been shocking for medical wait lists for ages. I recently got a dermatology referral but opted to go private instead - the private hospital still had a wait list for dermo appointments (I called up in late July and received an appointment in mid September - if I'd wanted a particular dermatologist I would have to wait even longer than that). I'm guessing this is due to lots of people opting for private medical now instead.
Also a lot of consultants who have NHS patients on their waiting lists at NHS hosps are doing them at private hospital as their waiting lists are shorter

Reactions: 1

“Pregnant women who get mRNA vaccines pass high levels of antibodies to their babies, according to a study published in American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology – Maternal Fetal Medicine on Wednesday.

The study -- one of the first to measure antibody levels in umbilical cord blood to distinguish whether immunity is from infection or vaccines -- found that 36 newborns tested at birth all had antibodies to protect against Covid-19 after their mothers were vaccinated with shots from Pfizer Inc.-BioNTech SE or Moderna Inc.

(I’m mindful not everyone agrees with vaccinating pregnant women, just sharing what I thought was an interesting study).

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’m not saying they’ve never used them. I think from March they paused using them because of all the concerns about them.

Ireland ceased all deliveries on Astra Zeneca - knew I’d read something! I’ve included a MSM link because if it’s on there it must be true 😜
Ireland paused use of AZ in March and resumed using it 5 days later. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.po...sumes-use-of-astrazeneca-coronavirus-jab/amp/

They rolled it out as part of their vaccine program. The more recent article is from only a month ago, Ireland have pretty much finished their initial vaccine rollout. As to why they aren't using it for boosters, not sure. But they used it for months beforehand nonetheless.

Covishield is a version of Oxford AstraZeneca I believe. I may be wrong.
Isn't covishield just like the "name" for the AZ vaccine? The same way the Pfizer one is called Comirnaty.

Reactions: 3
Ireland paused use of AZ in March and resumed using it 5 days later. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.po...sumes-use-of-astrazeneca-coronavirus-jab/amp/

They rolled it out as part of their vaccine program. The more recent article is from only a month ago, Ireland have pretty much finished their initial vaccine rollout. As to why they aren't using it for boosters, not sure. But they used it for months beforehand nonetheless.

Isn't covishield just like the "name" for the AZ vaccine? The same way the Pfizer one is called Comirnaty.
I did say I think Ireland stopped using it, and when i checked if my memory served me correct I found that they have ceased their deliveries of it. From a quick look at their HSE page it looks like when Ireland resumed it, they only recommend it for over 50s so that excludes a large portion of their eligible population. https://www2.hse.ie/screening-and-vaccinations/covid-19-vaccine/astrazeneca/

It’s a tad confusing with all these names but I believe it is the same as the Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine, just manufactured in India.

The COVID-19 jab, manufactured by the Serum Institute of India (SII), under the brand name 'Covishield', is the bioequivalent of 'Vaxzevria ' – the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine that is used to inoculate a majority of the UK population.

Reactions: 2
Can I ask how long people are waiting for pcr results? I’m still waiting for a test I posted on Monday 😩

A couple of months ago, my hairdresser told me his clients who had Covid, were reacting to hair dye even though they had been using the same dye. First time I have seen it reported in the news.

Covid-19: New allergic reactions to hair dye reported https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-58651244
My hairdresser did updated patch tests for every client because of this. She had a "patch test party" the first two days they were allowed to open where they didn't do anything except patch tests :ROFLMAO:

She did have at least one regular client who had a reaction to the test so it's a good job she was really proactive on the patch testing.

Reactions: 8
A couple of months ago, my hairdresser told me his clients who had Covid, were reacting to hair dye even though they had been using the same dye. First time I have seen it reported in the news.

Covid-19: New allergic reactions to hair dye reported https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-58651244
Apparently patch testing is meant to be re-run though after any major medical changes which I didn't know! I wonder how often this was realistically checked prior to covid ...

My beautician patch tested everyone who got tinting done for brows/lashes even if they'd never had covid or a vaccine, just to be safe.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
My hairdresser did updated patch tests for every client because of this. She had a "patch test party" the first two days they were allowed to open where they didn't do anything except patch tests :ROFLMAO:

She did have at least one regular client who had a reaction to the test so it's a good job she was really proactive on the patch testing.
Patch test party?! 🤣 Was she also serving champagne and canapés to her clients? 🍾🥂It’s very good she was on it. This should be circulated to all salons across the country as not all may be aware.

I stupidly didn’t take note of the Royal Mail tracking details. I have the reference number for the kit but I’ve had no joy getting through to 119.
I would keep trying 119. They’re usually quite good at responding when I’ve needed to query something. Hopefully you’ll get a result before the weekend.

Apparently patch testing is meant to be re-run though after any major medical changes which I didn't know! I wonder how often this was realistically checked prior to covid ...

My beautician patch tested everyone who got tinting done for brows/lashes even if they'd never had covid or a vaccine, just to be safe.
I did not know this either. It probably was not checked that often pre Covid. Much of the aesthetic industry in the UK is not regulated, so I imagine a lot goes unchecked.

Reactions: 4

The instructions on hair dyes often recommend a patch test each use. It seems the liklihood of then suddenly causing irritation to the skin is high enough for them to need the Disclaimer.

Reactions: 1

Mine did the same as others and had everyone come in for a patch test, they said it was for insurance reasons?

Good news husband hasn’t got rona just man flu 😂

Reactions: 5
Mine did the same as others and had everyone come in for a patch test, they said it was for insurance reasons?

Good news husband hasn’t got rona just man flu 😂
My other half would be claiming man flu is worse than Rona 😂

My lft came back negative and I'm feeling alot better today. Just a stuffy nose (sorry for tmi!) so hopefully just a slight cold (will get a PCR if anything changes but temp etc is fine)

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.