Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #104

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had my maternity booking apt the other day and I was terrified about the whole covid/jab situation - but actually, the whole thing was such a relief. Not only is your partner now allowed at *every* appointment - it is actively encouraged, I was also told (due to the nausea) I could remove my mask if I felt I needed to (I didn't obviously but very kind to be given the option without even being asked if I was vaccinated). And the best part of all - while of course the midwife promoted the vaccine, there was absolutely no pressure or judgement in that my decision would be accepted either way.

It was the first speck of 'normality' and the very first time I've felt safe to vocalise my choices without aggression. I certainly thought a medical environment would be the last place that would come - christ they were more welcoming than a supermarket! God I hope all hospitals follow suit, everyone deserves the same basics of care and human decency.
awww congratulations to you and I’m so glad to read this! I hope your appointment went well such an exciting time! So lovely to hear a positive experience in maternity care for a change ❤❤❤ The past 18 months or so sounded such a scary time for women going to appointments and labouring alone so it’s amazing to read this has changed!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
awww congratulations to you and I’m so glad to read this! I hope your appointment went well such an exciting time! So lovely to hear a positive experience in maternity care for a change ❤❤❤ The past 18 months or so sounded such a scary time for women going to appointments and labouring alone so it’s amazing to read this has changed!
It's truly devastating what people have been through but I really hope these signs we are seeing show that the tide is finally turning :(

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Had my maternity booking apt the other day and I was terrified about the whole covid/jab situation - but actually, the whole thing was such a relief. Not only is your partner now allowed at *every* appointment - it is actively encouraged, I was also told (due to the nausea) I could remove my mask if I felt I needed to (I didn't obviously but very kind to be given the option without even being asked if I was vaccinated). And the best part of all - while of course the midwife promoted the vaccine, there was absolutely no pressure or judgement in that my decision would be accepted either way.

It was the first speck of 'normality' and the very first time I've felt safe to vocalise my choices without aggression. I certainly thought a medical environment would be the last place that would come - christ they were more welcoming than a supermarket! God I hope all hospitals follow suit, everyone deserves the same basics of care and human decency.
Congratulations and I really hope you have a “normal experience”. Don’t stress about the midwives I found both times them really supportive of patient choice. With my 2nd I declined glucose tolerance tests that that I repeatedly kept getting sent for because my baby was off the scale and my eldest was a big baby. Had 4, had no symptoms and my midwife suggested I start refusing them because they made me so ill. Choice was respected by both midwife and consultant.

Reactions: 5
Day 3 for me today and I woke up with no sense of smell. I can literally put my nose in a pot of strong English mustard and it smells of nothing.
It’s so weird!

• Sad
Reactions: 8
English here and I do that. Cold sympathy in my family is vicks on your feet, olbas oil dashed liberally on one of your extra 3 pillows so you're sat up to the point of toppling like a weeble and needing bed rails, and 2 paracetamol so you can sweat it out overnight 😂
Aww the Olbas , you sure were awake once you rubbed an eye after touching the pillow 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Had to take me and my 10yr old son for a PCR this morning. First time for both of us. He has had a rotten cold for the last couple of days but started coughing last night. I feel fine just tired and headache but I want to be able to still go to work if he is positive (double jabbed)

I may have mentioned before my son has quite a phobia towards most things doctor/medical related (won't even take calpol) and he was HYSTERICAL. We were in the car for half an hour with him and me both crying whilst I attempted to get him swabbed. Got there in the end and now hoping there was enough of a sample on the swab.

At one point between tears he was like "why even is covid around?!" 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Day 3 for me today and I woke up with no sense of smell. I can literally put my nose in a pot of strong English mustard and it smells of nothing.
It’s so weird!
Sudofed nasal spray and nelimed sinus rinse (you can order on Amazon). Were the only things that worked to get my smell back when I had covid

Reactions: 3
What’s going on in Kettering 😳

There’s a vid too but I won’t post it for privacy
B29B8994-5CF5-447A-A35B-A1F1BC4869C7.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
Does anyone know how quickly PCR are coming back ? Mine was delivered at around 2am this morning & I'm still waiting for results .

Does anyone know how quickly PCR are coming back ? Mine was delivered at around 2am this morning & I'm still waiting for results .
Mine was delivered yesterday and still waiting.
Someone said earlier in the week they had theirs back next day so I'm constantly checking my phone!

Mine was delivered yesterday and still waiting.
Someone said earlier in the week they had theirs back next day so I'm constantly checking my phone!
Frustrating, I had a positive lateral flow a couple of days ago and a faint one today. Not sure if that means it’s going? I suspect I had it without realise till I lost my taste .

I was at a walk in at 3pm yesterday and got my result at 7.30 this morning
Ah mine was postal as I couldn’t get to the test centre .

Frustrating, I had a positive lateral flow a couple of days ago and a faint one today. Not sure if that means it’s going? I suspect I had it without realise till I lost my taste .

Ah mine was postal as I couldn’t get to the test centre .
Indeed! I've had none of the symptoms (temp cough or loss of senses) but thought id do one to be safe as lfts are negative.

Hopefully so although I'm no scientist!

And apologies it was @Prefrontalmedialcortex who helped me with my PCR question!

Regarding PCR test results. I took one last week and got the result the next day (within 24 hours) and my partner took one a few days ago and his came back within 24 hours too.

If you haven’t had anything back after a few days I would probably try calling 119.

Reactions: 4
Elton John has been rolled out……

is this something to do with covid? He only comes out for a death or a fundraiser.

edit; no it’s climate change, can they get him to remove the bas***d protesters blocking the traffic.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.