Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #104

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mine too!! I always got “if you’re really that sick the teacher will send you home” 😂😂😂😂

My daughter just started school this year and she’s got caught her first cold and the teacher encouraged me to bring her in anyway! She said minor illnesses happen so frequently in that age group especially.
Aww lovely x I hope you get to experience her nativity's and carol service ( assumptions on my part )they're special memories ,kids are always getting ill but they're very resiliant a cold /illness very rarely knocks them down they'd rather be doing be PE than sat at home lol !

• Heart
Reactions: 3
clearly talking to UK folk who never heard of the magical potion that is flat 7up. 😐

No but seriously, people will take the piss now and dodge work for sniffles I’m sure.
as I said earlier,
slight sore throat -
isolate for seven to nineteen days and don’t even have contact with your own shadow.

aggresive form of cancer -
Pipe down, you’re a drain on the health service,
you’ll get an appointment in the next six to nine months and think yourself lucky it’s not a sore throat!

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I must be the only person on this thread to get bad colds then 😂

When I have a cold I get so bunged up it feels like I can barely open my eyes! Can’t breathe for a blocked nose, can’t talk for a sore throat, the aches, tiredness made worse because I can’t sleep because I can’t breathe. There’s no way someone should be sitting in an office feeling like that!
I think it's an individual thing and how you are as a person some people are more resiliant than others a cold wouldn't bother me in the slightest but my husband would think it's the end of the world 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Thankfully I don’t get colds too often (other than the blip when I was poorly for months!) - fully expecting a horrific cold to hit me in the next few months to make up for not having one in 2.5 years 😒😒😒

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Scottish here and a standard cold remedy for me is 7up or Sprite, heated up in a pan on the hob. Amazing. Works wonders.
It's either that ,vicks vaporub or milk of magnesia 😂 I think they actually worked too they were and are the perfect placebo for everything it's 90% in your head 🤣

• Haha
It's either that ,vicks vaporub or milk of magnesia 😂 I think they actually worked too they were and are the perfect placebo for everything it's 90% in your head 🤣
VICKS 😂😂😂
I have some in my nightstand right now 😆 put it on the soles of your feet and you’ll be grand by morning 🤣

failing all that have you got any of the holy water left from Lourdes

• Haha
Reactions: 13
VICKS 😂😂😂
I have some in my nightstand right now 😆 put it on the soles of your feet and you’ll be grand by morning 🤣

failing all that have you got any of the holy water left from Lourdes
*** the vicks needs to be the same jar bought anywhere between 1 and 8 years ago and you can't even read the label anymore

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
*** the vicks needs to be the same jar bought anywhere between 1 and 8 years ago and you can't even read the label anymore
it never went out of date it was passed down the generations 🤣 as long it had a smell

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Around 1,500 shaved off in a fortnight. Cases are rising but hospital admissions sinking because the only age group seeing a rise in cases is the one least likely to need hospital.

I'm crying with laughter at this thread , I wonder are these only Irish things ,do you English put vicks on the soles of your feet under your socks if you have a cough 🤣

Reactions: 8
Lourdes pilgrimage,

Return flights from Dublin/Cork with hand bag only,
Accommodation near the Grotto, Breakfast, Lunch & Evening Dinner, Full religious programme include.

just the handbag Mary?
now how many bottles of the Lourdes water can I fit in that?
because I’ve been saving the used 7up bottles and I told Marion I’d get her a drop for her lad...
you know her lad...
no the other one,
fierce problems there Mary, sure he see the black dog doesn’t he, Marion is beside herself with the worry.

I saw her in the corner shop over last week buying the white wine vinegar and you know me I don’t like to gossip but she either has notions or she’s dulling the pain Mary,
and then we have your aunty Sheila, paddy and his 6 kids, they’ll all want a drop,
May O’Brien, is she really dead Mary? gosh I sent her a drop last year, was she dead then Mary? she probably didn’t get it so......

oh I better get some for Annie I won’t hear the end of it if I don’t, miserable woman.

is Father Darwin going or is he in court again Mary, sure we know none of that is true, ‘tis god testing him Mary poor wee soul, he’s always been a great comfort.....we can get him a drop so.
so it’s just the 12 empty bottles, is that enough?
Now, are you bringing the corned beef sandwiches..... and the vicks Mary, sure I have one somewhere in the attic wth the Ireland’s Own annuals if not.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Lourdes pilgrimage,

Return flights from Dublin/Cork with hand bag only,
Accommodation near the Grotto, Breakfast, Lunch & Evening Dinner, Full religious programme include.

just the handbag Mary?
now how many bottles of the Lourdes water can I fit in that?
because I’ve been saving the used 7up bottles and I told Marion I’d get her a drop for her lad...
you know her lad...
no the other one,
fierce problems there Mary, sure he see the black dog doesn’t he, Marion is beside herself with he worry.

and then we have your aunty Sheila, paddy and his 6 kids, they’ll all want a drop,
May O’Brien, is she really dead Mary, gosh I sent her a drop last year, was she dead then Mary? she probably didn’t get it so......

oh I better get some for Annie I won’t hear the end of it if I don’t, miserable woman.

is father Darwin going or is he in court again Mary, you know none of thst is true, ‘tis god testing him Mary.....so are you bringing the corned beef sandwiches..... and the vicks Mary, I have one in the attic somewhere if not.
Brilliant ! I'm literally cryin 🤣 did you write that ? ....you know what they say you're going to be crying for all that laughing 😂

• Haha
Another take on the original tweet. Can't see any reason for us to ever go back to restrictions unless a variant comes along that can invade vaccines so nobody has any protection like it was at the start.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Brilliant ! I'm literally cryin 🤣 did you write that ? ....you know what they say you're going to be crying for all that laughing 😂
don’t judge me 😂 I was clearly FIERCE jealous of the pilgrimaged folk going on the trips in the 80’s/90’s 😂

I’m calling this the witching hour and not a derailment 😬

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
don’t judge me 😂 I was clearly FIERCE jealous of the pilgrimaged folk going on the trips in the 80’s 😂

I’m calling this the witching hour and not a derailment 😬
They're still going on here only covid put a stop to them 😂 remember Trump O clock ...great fun ! ...I loved your poems ( from a certain thread ) I think you could write a book no bother 🤩

• Haha
I'm crying with laughter at this thread , I wonder are these only Irish things ,do you English put vicks on the soles of your feet under your socks if you have a cough 🤣
Hell yeah we do. Unless you're my middle kid who as soon as she sees the vicks will cry 'not on my feet mam' 😂😂
She hates wearing socks 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 2
English here and I do that. Cold sympathy in my family is vicks on your feet, olbas oil dashed liberally on one of your extra 3 pillows so you're sat up to the point of toppling like a weeble and needing bed rails, and 2 paracetamol so you can sweat it out overnight 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Had my maternity booking apt the other day and I was terrified about the whole covid/jab situation - but actually, the whole thing was such a relief. Not only is your partner now allowed at *every* appointment - it is actively encouraged, I was also told (due to the nausea) I could remove my mask if I felt I needed to (I didn't obviously but very kind to be given the option without even being asked if I was vaccinated). And the best part of all - while of course the midwife promoted the vaccine, there was absolutely no pressure or judgement in that my decision would be accepted either way.

It was the first speck of 'normality' and the very first time I've felt safe to vocalise my choices without aggression. I certainly thought a medical environment would be the last place that would come - christ they were more welcoming than a supermarket! God I hope all hospitals follow suit, everyone deserves the same basics of care and human decency.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.