Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #104

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There.
Is. A.
Difference. Between.
Being Anti Vax/A Covid Denier
And. Having. Concerns.
About.
The. Covid. Vaccine.

And. Repeat 😐
I feel like people who choose to accept the covid vaccine and are also very vocally pro-covid-vaccine just group everyone who has declined the vaccine as covid deniers, anti vaxxers, conspiracy theorists etc. It’s insulting. I’m yet to meet anyone who denies covid exists! I’ve literally taken every single vaccination on the schedule the only one I have ever questioned is the covid vaccine! I’ve literally had 19 vaccinations and still been called an anti vaxxer!

Reactions: 10
I feel like people who choose to accept the covid vaccine and are also very vocally pro-covid-vaccine just group everyone who has declined the vaccine as covid deniers, anti vaxxers, conspiracy theorists etc. It’s insulting. I’m yet to meet anyone who denies covid exists! I’ve literally taken every single vaccination on the schedule the only one I have ever questioned is the covid vaccine! I’ve literally had 19 vaccinations and still been called an anti vaxxer!
it’s a sweeping generalisation and the aggression online* towards anyone questioning the vaccine is ridiculous.
(*Social media/Media in general)

• Heart
I’m so glad that now people might be more accepting of taking time off for colds, or at the very least people can now work from home so they won’t spread germs around offices/public transport.

There was a period of a few months where I kept catching colds from various colleagues (plus cold sores, conjunctivitis and a horrible ear infection.. rubbish immune system 😂) and then felt like I could only take a day off at a time so never really fully recovered.

Reactions: 8
I hope they’re giving Mrs Keenan a rise in her pension for the bother💉

I’m so glad that now people might be more accepting of taking time off for colds, or at the very least people can now work from home so they won’t spread germs around offices/public transport.

There was a period of a few months where I kept catching colds from various colleagues (plus cold sores, conjunctivitis and a horrible ear infection.. rubbish immune system 😂) and then felt like I could only take a day off at a time so never really fully recovered.
I’d rather have a good germ fest it’s good for you.

Reactions: 3
The rest of the sentence says take time off OR wfh, which would be a better solution for a head cold 😆 Colds obviously vary in severity..
but we NEED to let viruses spread, or nobody will have any immunity ever!
We can’t just wrap people in cotton wool and cover up in masks and gloves and replace perfume with dettol spray.
The next generation will be fucked if we do

Reactions: 14
but we NEED to let viruses spread, or nobody will have any immunity ever!
We can’t just wrap people in cotton wool and cover up in masks and gloves and replace perfume with dettol spray.
The next generation will be fucked if we do
Flip it other way round then - I could have wfh for 3 months and avoided the snotty accountants because I had such a shite immune system at the time 😂😂😂

Flip it other way round then - I could have wfh for 3 months and avoided the snotty accountants because I had such a shite immune system at the time 😂😂😂
Ah, see your comment said people should take time off to STOP spreading germs 😂
Not that people who are vulnerable should be allowed to shield, but the reality is we’re raising a generation of bubble wrap kids who will be scared to sneeze,
duck cancer, the only reason you need a hospital admission is if you have a slight cough

and if you sneeze, then start researching funeral songs and saying goodbye to the cats.

I don't think your immune system ever fails you (only in extreme circumstances) it's always dormant until needed .

Reactions: 7
I don't think your immune system ever fails you (only in extreme circumstances) it's always dormant until needed .
we are lucky kids are by nature vile little disgusting creatures, they’ll get over the obsession with sanitizer and start eating their own snot again in no time 😬 and they’ll be all the better for it!

• Haha
we are lucky kids are by nature vile little disgusting creatures, they’ll get over the obsession with sanitizer and start eating their own snot again in no time 😬 and they’ll be all the better for it!
Mine gave up on the sanitizer ages ago and is back on the snot 😂 a funny story this morning I was walking him to school and near the school I said run you on and I'll watch from here but don't talk to anyone ( stranger danger ) he looked up and said will I just tell them to duck off 🤣 I couldn't even scold him for laughing ...he's his mothers son 😂

I know someone on here lives in Alberta.I know they said they’ve been vaccinating kids for a while so what’s going on 🤔

England no better

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
If someone is taking time off for a head cold, they’re taking the piss 😂
We’ve become a snowflake society in so many ways.
If people are at work when they feel like tit , they probably won't be very productive. Best off being at home.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Spreading illness throughout an office isn’t great, means less productive, sickness and depending on what it is some nasty side effects.

In my current job sickness record counts towards any redundancies and you had people pre covid with norovirus coming into the office and spread it round taking out loads of staff and making people really poorly 😳 it was stupid at the time and seems even more unbelievable now.

If people are at work when they feel like tit , they probably won't be very productive. Best off being at home.
Most headcolds are managable with paraceatamol it's rare people can't function with a cold ...unless you've got man flu ✌

Spreading illness throughout an office isn’t great, means less productive, sickness and depending on what it is some nasty side effects.

In my current job sickness record counts towards any redundancies and you had people pre covid with norovirus coming into the office and spread it round taking out loads of staff and making people really poorly 😳 it was stupid at the time and seems even more unbelievable now.
The skits is a different matter unless they want to roll out the vaccine to protect us all from that , I wonder why they haven't ?

Bloody awful 😞 …covid indirectly cancelling Christmas this year ? I don’t think we’ve ever been so low ,in all aspects of society. Army drafted in to NI hospitals and still massive staff shortages it’s only going to get worse.
72C8A066-65D3-4DF0-82A3-ED5D362C6B1B.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
We could always build a few snowmen on the days we take off work and school for a runny nose 🤪❄❄

As my grandad would say, if youre well enough to get out of bed and eat your breakfast you’re well enough to put a days work in!

These future generations are crazy. No ones saying go to work if youre severely unwell or lethargic. They’re saying if you’ve a mild illness that’s manageable with or without otc meds then go to work and stop moaning. If a runny nose makes you so distracted you become unproductive you’re probably in the wrong job 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
We could always build a few snowmen on the days we take off work and school for a runny nose 🤪❄❄

As my grandad would say, if youre well enough to get out of bed and eat your breakfast you’re well enough to put a days work in!

These future generations are crazy. No ones saying go to work if youre severely unwell or lethargic. They’re saying if you’ve a mild illness that’s manageable with or without otc meds then go to work and stop moaning. If a runny nose makes you so distracted you become unproductive you’re probably in the wrong job 😂
In our house it was always we need a good lock of snow to clear these viruses and germs from the ground , unless your heads hanging off you're going to school 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
In our house it was always we need a good lock of snow to clear these viruses and germs from the ground , unless your heads hanging off you're going to school 😂
Mine too!! I always got “if you’re really that sick the teacher will send you home” 😂😂😂😂

My daughter just started school this year and she’s got caught her first cold and the teacher encouraged me to bring her in anyway! She said minor illnesses happen so frequently in that age group especially.

I must be the only person on this thread to get bad colds then 😂

When I have a cold I get so bunged up it feels like I can barely open my eyes! Can’t breathe for a blocked nose, can’t talk for a sore throat, the aches, tiredness made worse because I can’t sleep because I can’t breathe. There’s no way someone should be sitting in an office feeling like that!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.