Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #104

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi everyone . I tested positive 23/9 with lateral flow so I ordered a pcr which then was posted Friday 25th and still haven’t had the results . I’ve been using the lateral flows each day to monitor myself … I haven’t had the pcr back yet but now testing negative for covid using lateral flow … confused 🤔 thinking I might have had covid for longer and not realised ?

Reactions: 1
Hi everyone . I tested positive 23/9 with lateral flow so I ordered a pcr which then was posted Friday 25th and still haven’t had the results . I’ve been using the lateral flows each day to monitor myself … I haven’t had the pcr back yet but now testing negative for covid using lateral flow … confused 🤔 thinking I might have had covid for longer and not realised ?
Tbh that’s why I wouldn’t ever do home tests they are so much slower. I would wait until Monday and contact them.

You might be right about the timescales 🤯

Tbh that’s why I wouldn’t ever do home tests they are so much slower. I would wait until Monday and contact them.

You might be right about the timescales 🤯
I couldn’t get to the testing site at the time argh! I will do…. But if it says positive and now the lateral flow says negative I must not have it now? If that’s the case I’m definitely not staying locked up 😂

I couldn’t get to the testing site at the time argh! I will do…. But if it says positive and now the lateral flow says negative I must not have it now? If that’s the case I’m definitely not staying locked up 😂
Unfortunately you’ll have to go by your PCR and if it’s positive you’ll have to isolate or risk the full force of the law. Rules are rules even if they do suck!

We also posted PCR tests on Friday, been up since 4am checking my phone for results 😭

Unfortunately you’ll have to go by your PCR and if it’s positive you’ll have to isolate or risk the full force of the law. Rules are rules even if they do suck!
They won’t find me 🏃‍♀️ 😂 absolutely ridiculous it goes from your first symptoms doesn’t it so my isolation will be over Friday anyway 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Have you tracked the PCR to see where it is at? Maybe the fuel shortage has caused delays in it reaching the lab. Perhaps try calling 119 today to chase it up.

Lateral flows aren’t designed for people with symptoms so now you’ve tested postive , you need to do the 10 day isolation from the day of the Pcr test

Reactions: 6
Lateral flows aren’t designed for people with symptoms so now you’ve tested postive , you need to do the 10 day isolation from the day of the Pcr test
It’s from when you get symptoms the test just confirms you have it. Don’t get the point in lateral flows if you can’t take them if you have symptoms 😂

But if you tell test and trace that your symptoms started three days before your positive pcr then they tell you the isolation date starts from the day your symptoms started (three days before pcr in this example). That what they told my boyfriend

Reactions: 3
It’s from when you get symptoms the test just confirms you have it. Don’t get the point in lateral flows if you can’t take them if you have symptoms 😂
The point isn't to find people with symptoms, it's to find people who are unknowingly spreading COVID because they are asymptomatic. Like that's quite literally the point of lateral flows lol. PCR's are for symptoms to confirm an illness is COVID and not something else.

I mean don't get me wrong, I think testing asymptomatic people is stupid and endless, but the tests have always had those reasons behind them, people just get it mixed up.

Reactions: 11
But if you tell test and trace that your symptoms started three days before your positive pcr then they tell you the isolation date starts from the day your symptoms started (three days before pcr in this example). That what they told my boyfriend
Yeah that’s right! Otherwise your be locked forever 😩😭

The point isn't to find people with symptoms, it's to find people who are unknowingly spreading COVID because they are asymptomatic. Like that's quite literally the point of lateral flows lol. PCR's are for symptoms to confirm an illness is COVID and not something else.

I mean don't get me wrong, I think testing asymptomatic people is stupid and endless, but the tests have always had those reasons behind them, people just get it mixed up.
I don’t think I even have it now which is an awful feeling because I’ve prob had it for a few days before… luckily I haven’t been anywhere . Will see what happens When I get my email if it ever turns up .

Still waiting for our PCR results. Over 24hrs now and desperately need to get a contingency for work tomorrow 😫

Back to my RTE reporting 🤭 … They’re going backwards in the north the rest of the UK are relaxing restrictions while they’re getting tighter in NI :rolleyes:

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.