Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #101

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m going out Fri and Sat night. Can’t cope with it at the best of times, I will need to isolate due to the hangover 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Well done to all the young people top of the tree again, I guess all that damn homework does pay off 😂
7AED7D1F-69BD-4382-B9D5-C0E4372C0551.jpeg

Reactions: 3
I asked for a small reduction because utilities were included in his rent which were obviously not being used but was told no.

Have the self isolation rules changed?
This morning I heard a neighbour‘s builder on his mobile saying that his brother has Covid. He said he is staying with him.
I thought the entire household have to self isolate or is it different since “freedom day?” I wasn’t too impressed when I heard him coughing a lot but hoping it was just the brick dust! 😖
Was your son’s accommodation through Host or Unite Students?

I’m going out Fri and Sat night. Can’t cope with it at the best of times, I will need to isolate due to the hangover 😂
I’m going out Saturday night for my friends 21st and going back to the nightclub for the first time (for me anyway) since Jan 2020. I hope I don’t walk around the whole time like a deer in headlights in disbelief I’m actually in there :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Hope you have a fab time on both nights. I went out last week (first time in a long time) and I had to isolate due to everything. It was sensory overload, music, people, traffic, hustle and bustle of London. 🤣

• Haha

Deaths up, infections up and immunity running out for higher age groups. Three jabs in less than a year is going to make people many more billions going forward.
Pfizer have already made billions so far! Funny how now that's the vaccine of choice isn't it....

Natural immunity isn't as strong as what the vaccine gives you and it doesn't last as long as what the vaccine does. You complain about it being coercive to try and force you to have a jab but don't like the idea of business owners deciding who works from them. If you don't want the jab don't have it. If a business owner doesn't want staff or customers who haven't had the jab they don't have to because it's their choice just like it's yours. You are a third as likely to pass on covid or catch it if you've been jabbed.
It's proven that the vaccine reduces transmission, and results in a less severe illness... Maybe your colleague has underlying conditions. I don't think that people should be forced to have the vaccine, BUT if none of us had it we'd be stuck in lockdown still wouldn't we. Personally, I couldn't wait to get it. Especially mixing on corridors with 1500 kids a day, all day as I move classrooms...

Reactions: 2
It's proven that the vaccine reduces transmission, and results in a less severe illness... Maybe your colleague has underlying conditions. I don't think that people should be forced to have the vaccine, BUT if none of us had it we'd be stuck in lockdown still wouldn't we. Personally, I couldn't wait to get it. Especially mixing on corridors with 1500 kids a day, all day as I move classrooms...
No, a very fit individual with no currently known issues. It came as a surprise for her to a) catch it and b) struggle as much as she did.
I am not going to debate facts with you or anyone else, but only because there are various different reports stating different things at the moment and I sense we are looking at different things and I don’t perceive myself as being right or wrong at this moment in time, or yourself either.
And that in itself is the problem, the mixed messages and information, distrust and a lack of transparency.

Reactions: 4
My friend and colleague is 29, BMI probably 23, fit and well, doctor, double vaccinated, on a ventilator

It’s a slow wean in that she’s not been weaned at all

We don’t know what’s going to happen

• Sad
Reactions: 13
My friend and colleague is 29, BMI probably 23, fit and well, doctor, double vaccinated, on a ventilator

I hope she recovers.
This virus seems to be a lottery on how it affects people. 😟

I hope your friend makes a full recovery. It’s very frightening how aggressive this virus is and is becoming. They need to highlight cases like this that show the vaccines really aren’t enough so people can exercise caution as there has been so much complacency from the vaccine uptake has increased.

Hope they pull through and a have speedy recovery.

A couple of weeks till schools return
34666C9B-1D36-4A4C-823A-D04058468E10.jpeg
E9962539-50BD-40B6-8E5A-87EFBA0F71FA.jpeg

Alberta have pushed back from fully dropping all covid measures due to a massive increase of cases and hospitalisations but Canada will be looking at mandating vaccines for some sectors

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.