Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #101

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another article which will soon be pulled like the teenage myocarditis one, the Mayo clinic have done a study and Pfizer is only 40 percent effective of protecting you from covid, modera higher at 70 something. Also J and J has been pulled from the market apparently. These vaccines will soon be useless, people I know are getting covid double vaccinated not the rare breakthrough infection they make out is it loads have it.

Reactions: 2
Another article which will soon be pulled like the teenage myocarditis one, the Mayo clinic have done a study and Pfizer is only 40 percent effective of protecting you from covid, modera higher at 70 something. Also J and J has been pulled from the market apparently. These vaccines will soon be useless, people I know are getting covid double vaccinated not the rare breakthrough infection they make out is it loads have it.
Can you link the study please?

Can you link the study please?
What I understand is that the % of you catching the virus decreases with the Delta variant but vaccines are still somewhat effective in reducing severe illness and death.

Reactions: 3
I can’t link it my phone does come up with the link but if you google Daily Mail Mayo clinic delta variant it will come up.

Ok I didn’t read the article in full and went off the title 😳 it’s not as bad as I made out and the vaccines are preventing hospitalisations. Does anyone know if it’s true that they have pulled J and J ?

10 days from your pos test result , at least that’s how it is here, hope you feel better soon 🤞🏻edit to say from symptoms startedView attachment 709263
When I was recently under track and trace because of having covid they told me ten days from first onset of symptoms. I was also told I was free after that point regardless of any other household member having covid. Hope this helps……l
Thank you :)

Reactions: 1
I can’t link it my phone does come up with the link but if you google Daily Mail Mayo clinic delta variant it will come up.

Ok I didn’t read the article in full and went off the title 😳 it’s not as bad as I made out and the vaccines are preventing hospitalisations. Does anyone know if it’s true that they have pulled J and J ?
I don’t think so as it seems to still be in use, as well as in this research trial:

In the trial, called Sisonke, the researchers evaluated one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine in nearly 500,000 health care workers, who are at high risk of Covid-19. The vaccine has an efficacy of up to 95 percent against death from the Delta variant, and up to 71 percent against hospitalization, the researchers reported. (The vaccine did slightly worse against the Beta variant, which is thought to be more adept at sidestepping the immune response than Delta.)

I had my first vaccine yesterday Pfizer and my heart rate is through the roof. I went to a and e last night as I felt dizzy and spend eight hours there I hope it doesn’t cause permanent damage as I have sinus tachycardia and put off getting the vaccine for a long time it’s too late now but I have to say I feel awful. I hope it’s all anxiety related.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I had my first vaccine yesterday Pfizer and my heart rate is through the roof. I went to a and e last night as I felt dizzy and spend eight hours there I hope it doesn’t cause permanent damage as I have sinus tachycardia and put off getting the vaccine for a long time it’s too late now but I have to say I feel awful. I hope it’s all anxiety related.
Sorry you are feeling unwell, anxiety can cause you to feel a manner of things such as dizziness and increased heart rate. If you are concerned, call your GP. Hope you feel better soon.

Reactions: 4
All different ages have had blood clots. Until a age group had the jab they didn't know if it caused them. All the vaccines have had blood clots. Pfizer at the highest ratio between jabs to clots.

That sounds pointless. Nobody is going to wear a mask just because they have been pinged as a close contact. Most will just take a LFT not even the PCR they are saying and then get on with life.
They were more common in certain age groups - that was the rationale behind changing the guidance.
I would definitely keep an eye on it as cardiac issues have been reported in the Pfizer vaccine so you done the right thing going to a&e. Anxiety can also make you doubt yourself when things are actually happening because you think oh it’s just my anxiety so if you do feel unwell do go to hospital and get checked out. I hope you feel much better soon. Xx

Sorry you are feeling unwell, anxiety can cause you to feel a manner of things such as dizziness and increased heart rate. If you are concerned, call your GP. Hope you feel better soon.
Agreed, Definitely speak to a professional if concerned, and in all seriousness a day or two break from scary headlines probably wouldn't hurt.

Last edited:
Don’t seem to be sequencing many cases now, living with Covid is the way forward

Don’t seem to be sequencing many cases now, living with Covid is the way forward
It seems like the extensive sequencing before was what was giving the impression we were the primary cause of variants.

It’s terrible. My son paid approximately £5000 for his accommodation this academic year and he has never even collected the keys because his lectures were all online so he stayed at home. He signed a tendency agreement so still had to pay for an empty room. Last time he saw a uni lecturer or tutor was end of 2019!!
It’s been independent learning since then at the cost of £9250.
The government forgot all about uni students.😟
Goodness it’s absolutely disgusting they still took everyone’s money this year, last year I had my final rent payment cancelled and this year I was in a private house so ended up living there to make the most of paying for it but literally everything was online too x

Goodness it’s absolutely disgusting they still took everyone’s money this year, last year I had my final rent payment cancelled and this year I was in a private house so ended up living there to make the most of paying for it but literally everything was online too x
I asked for a small reduction because utilities were included in his rent which were obviously not being used but was told no.

Have the self isolation rules changed?
This morning I heard a neighbour‘s builder on his mobile saying that his brother has Covid. He said he is staying with him.
I thought the entire household have to self isolate or is it different since “freedom day?” I wasn’t too impressed when I heard him coughing a lot but hoping it was just the brick dust! 😖

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.