Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #101

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why just Scottish when it comes to jabs its uk purchased and decided don't think Scotland or Wales can do their own thing.
Also are they aware Scottish term and think ni start back earlier so the kids won't be double jabbed in time for when term starts unless they doing 3 week gap but even the thats push as 2 weeks after 2nd dose to take effect .

I agree lifes for living we have to love with covid to some extent.
But people have every right to be cautious they may have vulnerable family and friends .
I don't call my kids plague monkeys for no reason.

None of us know what will happen in autumn i think some will start to realise how covid effect wider society as even if you don't isolate as close contact you isolate if you have covid.
I believe lifting all restrictions will see big rises in autumn winter meaning we have greater chance catching covid even if we double jabbed, ill kids at home, teachers off and shortage of essential services like NHS and workers.

We don't have 70% of uk population double jabbed we have more 50_60 % taking out children who we refuse to vaccinate and many major big cities in England have woeful levels of double vaxxed.
I think the four nations implement their own policies , Wales are bringing the isolation policy in a week before England and NI hasn't dropped any of the measures yet . I see Lewis Hamilton has long covid he had to get medical treatment at the Grand Prix so it seems to be getting more common

Reactions: 2
I think the four nations implement their own policies , Wales are bringing the isolation policy in a week before England and NI hasn't dropped any of the measures yet . I see Lewis Hamilton has long covid he had to get medical treatment at the Grand Prix so it seems to be getting more common
Yes but vaccines is something I don't think they have much choice on the jcvi represents all 4 nations if the UK.
We purchased the vaccines as a group the distributed proportionatly.
Ni tricky as roi is vaccinating teens and Ireland have caught up with uk vaccination day.

Yes but vaccines is something I don't think they have much choice on the jcvi represents all 4 nations if the UK.
Ni tricky as roi is vaccinating teens and Ireland have caught up with uk vaccination day.
I'm not sure on that as NI were still giving AZ to under 40's against the JCVI guidance where as England weren't ?

Reactions: 1

People are not going to listen to him. The days of countries having control over their people is dwindling by the day with USA, France, Australia and the UK all resisting restrictions now and doing their own thing.

I believe each nation can do as they see fit with their vaccine allocation. As others have said NI have gone against guidance and Scotland were vaccinating at a much quicker rate than the rest.

32 million boosters by early December so it's given those who have it last a few weeks for protection to get to full before Christmas Day is a mad timetable and credit to everyone involved in making it happen. We must have enough Pfizer and expected more vaccines to be approved (Valneva) for it to happen without AZ being given. If they jab school children as well that would take a lot of manpower.

32 million boosters by early December so it's given those who have it last a few weeks for protection to get to full before Christmas Day is a mad timetable and credit to everyone involved in making it happen. We must have enough Pfizer and expected more vaccines to be approved (Valneva) for it to happen without AZ being given. If they jab school children as well that would take a lot of manpower.
I was a vaccine volunteer at my local hospital for 7 months and I’m sure we will all be ready to step up again if necessary

Reactions: 4

I’m part of the Valneva trial - not being submitted for approval until Sept and it’s not planned to be rolled out until Jan 2022.

It’s already in production in Scotland though.

It's Pfizer they're using ,most of the people that are in group one will have had AZ as a first vaccine they may use the other vaccines on the younger people as boosters as an alternative to Pfizer.

It's Pfizer they're using ,most of the people that are in group one will have had AZ as a first vaccine they may use the other vaccines on the younger people as boosters as an alternative to Pfizer.
Yes it's all over the press Pfizer will be given but of the 100 million doses ordered we don't know how many have been used so far and when we will get the rest delivered. 32 million doses will be needed so that's 68 million other doses, enough to jab 34 million people. The government should put vaccine numbers in the daily stats so we know how many million of each has been given.

If they jab school children as well that would take a lot of manpower.
If you Google nurse immuniser then hundreds of jobs will appear throughout England and Scotland.
Now, it could be for the normal role out for flu/hpv/teen booster jabs.
However, they're asking for the applicant to be up to date on the Gillick test, which I know is now mentioned on school vaccine letters and it never has been before.
Maybe, and more likely, it's for the covid vaccines for secondary age children. This is one I'd love to be proved wrong on, but my gut says otherwise 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Is anyone else still being 'careful' and limiting social contacts? I really want to take my son to the cinema but there's no SD and it just feels unsafe.

My sis in law posted a story on SM last night and she was out with family, the pub was heaving and looked like a world before covid. Good for many people's MH I guess but it's scared me. Were going on hol together this week and I'm anxious she'll have caught the C. I work in education so used to being around lots and lots of people, albeit at a distance or with a mask on.

I'm a worrier anyway and have both jabs (clinically vulnerable and pregnant). Sorry for the moan.
I'm with you. 100% torn on how to feel. This weekend was the first weekend that I wasn't as careful, went and played sport that I haven't played in 18 months and then i find out yesterday one of the people I played with tested positive for COVID. And now I'm worried that I've got it. Weirdly though, because we weren't in "close contact" I don't have to isolate. Based on how quickly it can spread though, I'll be amazed if I come out of it negative.

I spent last night worrying and feeling tit that I'd let my guard down yet my partner is very much if it happens it happens. I'm just so frustrated that it's been 18 months and now I've finally come into contact with it.

Honestly I think it's going to take a while before some people feel comfortable and that's OK. It's such a weird time and there's no right way to feel. You just have to do what is best for you and your physical and mental health.

Reactions: 6
The Chinese have put millions in lockdown, testing and vaccinating people

Yes it's all over the press Pfizer will be given but of the 100 million doses ordered we don't know how many have been used so far and when we will get the rest delivered. 32 million doses will be needed so that's 68 million other doses, enough to jab 34 million people. The government should put vaccine numbers in the daily stats so we know how many million of each has been given.

I’m sure I saw somewhere they had 60mil does on order for September

I'm with you. 100% torn on how to feel. This weekend was the first weekend that I wasn't as careful, went and played sport that I haven't played in 18 months and then i find out yesterday one of the people I played with tested positive for COVID. And now I'm worried that I've got it. Weirdly though, because we weren't in "close contact" I don't have to isolate. Based on how quickly it can spread though, I'll be amazed if I come out of it negative.

I spent last night worrying and feeling tit that I'd let my guard down yet my partner is very much if it happens it happens. I'm just so frustrated that it's been 18 months and now I've finally come into contact with it.

Honestly I think it's going to take a while before some people feel comfortable and that's OK. It's such a weird time and there's no right way to feel. You just have to do what is best for you and your physical and mental health.
Easy for me to say but please try not to worry. Covid if it hasn't already will find us all at some point. If someone manages to forever avoid covid they should buy a Lotto ticket because they would be very lucky. Order a box of LFTs on the NHS website so you can quickly put your mind at ease whenever you want. I think it's great you were out and about and I am happy for you that after so long away from something you enjoy you were back doing it :)

Kebabs for jabs is stupid. The government want us to protect the NHS and eat better and then they try and bribe people with unhealthy food by doing deals with companies that sell junk food. At least if you want to bribe young people do it with healthy things like gym memberships.

Reactions: 5
Easy for me to say but please try not to worry. Covid if it hasn't already will find us all at some point. If someone manages to forever avoid covid they should buy a Lotto ticket because they would be very lucky. Order a box of LFTs on the NHS website so you can quickly put your mind at ease whenever you want. I think it's great you were out and about and I am happy for you that after so long away from something you enjoy you were back doing it :)

Kebabs for jabs is stupid. The government want us to protect the NHS and eat better and then they try and bribe people with unhealthy food by doing deals with companies that sell junk food. At least if you want to bribe young people do it with healthy things like gym memberships.
Honestly... having thought about it last night and today, I would go play again. I've gone over 18 months without playing sport to protect everyone around me and the kids I coach. Just seems typical to me 🤣

I've got a box of LFT and will be taking one every day just so I can feel comfortable going out and about still without feeling guilty or that I could be passing it onto someone without realising it!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
If you Google nurse immuniser then hundreds of jobs will appear throughout England and Scotland.
Now, it could be for the normal role out for flu/hpv/teen booster jabs.
However, they're asking for the applicant to be up to date on the Gillick test, which I know is now mentioned on school vaccine letters and it never has been before.
Maybe, and more likely, it's for the covid vaccines for secondary age children. This is one I'd love to be proved wrong on, but my gut says otherwise 😔
I'd be very surprised if they don't roll it out to kids as other countries have done ,it must be a supply issue.

Honestly... having thought about it last night and today, I would go play again. I've gone over 18 months without playing sport to protect everyone around me and the kids I coach. Just seems typical to me 🤣

I've got a box of LFT and will be taking one every day just so I can feel comfortable going out and about still without feeling guilty or that I could be passing it onto someone without realising it!
That's the way :D Playing sport is a good way to keep healthy. LFTs are free so you never have to run out and can take one daily or if you're visiting someone elderly or vulnerable. I think of it like this...If you go on holiday for a week think how hard it is to go back to work. But then think if you had a month on holiday somewhere how much harder it would be to motivate to go back to work. It's the same with restrictions. After 18 months under them a lot of people are struggling to live normally and think it's too soon to ditch masks, distancing etc. But if we leave it another few months it would be even harder for people to get back to normal.

Seems that people power is working in Australia. They appear to be quietly dropping the unrealistic zero covid plan.

Thanks for this. 18mths is a long time to be so careful for though isnt it. I don't blame you for going to play sport. Was it outside? If so your risk is reduced. You have to be 1m or less for 15mins so hopefully you won't have had that much physical contact with the positive personn... X

Thanks for this. 18mths is a long time to be so careful for though isnt it. I don't blame you for going to play sport. Was it outside? If so your risk is reduced. You have to be 1m or less for 15mins so hopefully you won't have had that much physical contact with the positive personn... X
Unfortunately it was indoors (basketball) however as it was more a casual game, players weren't getting too close and personal so fingers crossed I've missed out! The doors to the sports hall were all open as well and it's a huge 2 court hall so hopefully we will all be fine. The girl who tested positive didn't have any symptoms either so I'm not sure if that has any bearing on transmission either.
I'm sure it was going to happen at some point, it's just always frustrating when it does!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.